Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    No they'll tote the water and tell you it's not the coaches fault. They'll tell you all these "underrated" players that Bumphis is recruiting and how they're all going to pan out and be superstars. They'll tell we just have to give the new staff time. Maybe that should be our next thread, Excuses Our Dumbass Media Will Use Next Year For The Staff
    Makes you wonder sometimes if they aren’t taking money from Ole Miss or some sec big money people just to keep us at the bottom of the shitter

That actually happened at Texas tech when tech knocked off #1 Texas, the big money boys started looking for ways to sabotage the little upstart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well, people connected to the staff are saying it's Bobo. Doesn't appear to be just floating out there, other than like a big turd in a punch bowl.
    Ok so I guess Will Friend will be hired today if these rumors are true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    This should have been an easy decision from the very beginning. You shoot for Zach Kittley, which was always an unlikely hire. You at least try it. Then, you go to Chris Hatcher. The least amount of offensive transition would have been made with Hatcher. He's basically Mike's Air Raid with more RPO and more emphasis on running the ball but not to the point where you are a run first or run to set up the pass team. The guy has been a head coach for 22 years and is still just 49 years old.

I agree on Chris Hatcher first. He would have accepted the job and we wouldn't be going through all of this crap.............. Some of these spectacular hires are going to really help our NIl aren't they.*** Briles was a pipe dream. The only way he would leave ARK was if he wanted to get away from Pittman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Makes you wonder sometimes if they aren’t taking money from Ole Miss or some sec big money people just to keep us at the bottom of the shitter

That actually happened at Texas tech when tech knocked off #1 Texas, the big money boys started looking for ways to sabotage the little upstart.
    Oh it's nothing like that. They're just not very good at their job. Steve Robertson was literally known as Rosebowl because he was wrong so many times. He gets one lucky break and everyone acts like he's the next Woj. Brian Hadad is a pizza boy, legitimately. Robbie Faulk does I think try to be a legitimate media member, but when you get brought down by everyone around you you'll never be good. There's a reason anyone who's ever been on the MSU beat tries to get the hell out as soon as possible if they're worth a damn as a journalist.

vCash
    Oh it's nothing like that. They're just not very good at their job. Steve Robertson was literally known as Rosebowl because he was wrong so many times. He gets one lucky break and everyone acts like he's the next Woj. Brian Hadad is a pizza boy, legitimately. Robbie Faulk does I think try to be a legitimate media member, but when you get brought down by everyone around you you'll never be good. There's a reason anyone who's ever been on the MSU beat tries to get the hell out as soon as possible if they're worth a damn as a journalist.
    I wish Paul would set up his own MSU site. I liked 247 a lot better before the merger.

vCash
    Well you say that, but honestly these moves look like program suicide. They are so obviously wrong and self destructive it’s hard to believe they are an accident or incompetence.

It appears as if crazy people are running things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Ok so I guess Will Friend will be hired today if these rumors are true.
    Friend is reportedly being hired by Memphis, so we will see.

vCash
    Not going to lie, I?ve come to despise Steve. I really wish people would stop listening to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    More likely sexton contacted us with a plan to get his guy a raise
    It was both but Sexton did us zero favors in the process and pulled the rug at the last second. He is no friend of MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Oh, while the bad news is flowing, Bracky Brett has a chance to be our full time AD....

So there's that too
    If we do that then I will be done. I can get boosters wanting an AD that will do what they say, but there are a lot of qualified athletic directors that will also be yes men when requested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Well you say that, but honestly these moves look like program suicide. They are so obviously wrong and self destructive it’s hard to believe they are an accident or incompetence.

It appears as if crazy people are running things.
    It's incompetence. They are looking out for themselves and the people who will help them further their careers with scoops and inside info. Which is fine, that's what media members do. But don't feed us this crap that you're fans and you care about State and then actively look to get coaches removed the staff so your friends can be on staff. So either be a fan or be a member of the media, but you can't be both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Arnett should be fired on the spot if it?s where it looks like this is headed. That would take an AD with balls. Unfortunately, our good ole boy President has been sitting on his ass for 3 months.
    Arnette has a 4 year 3 million per year contract I heard. He's set then no matter how all this turns out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I wish Paul would set up his own MSU site. I liked 247 a lot better before the merger.
    I agree Paul is the best one over there by far. He is able to toe the line between being a journalist and supporting Mississippi State. I respect that. He tells it like it is and doesn't play favorites. He'll tell you when he doesn't like something. I kind of wish he would've made a move to On3 and headed up there State stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Well, people connected to the staff are saying it's Bobo. Doesn't appear to be just floating out there, other than like a big turd in a punch bowl.
    I just cannot believe that is possible. You really think Arnett is looking at Bobo and thinking "yea, he wasn't that great at UGA, but look at the talent constraints he was operating under. He'll be a lot better with the massive talent we have stockpiled."

Granted I think an OC that is an ex head coach is a good idea, but he also has to offer a lot as an OC.

vCash
    It's incompetence. They are looking out for themselves and the people who will help them further their careers with scoops and inside info. Which is fine, that's what media members do. But don't feed us this crap that you're fans and you care about State and then actively look to get coaches removed the staff so your friends can be on staff. So either be a fan or be a member of the media, but you can't be both.
    If Mason Miller doesn't just leave because he wants too, then anybody who participated in relieving him of his duties needs a mental exam and doesn't care about Mississippi State football like they say they do. I posted yesterday that Hollingshead would be an OC. I just didn't think it would be this soon.

vCash
    If Mason Miller doesn't just leave because he wants too, then anybody who participated in relieving him of his duties needs a mental exam and doesn't care about Mississippi State football like they say they do. I posted yesterday that Hollingshead would be an OC. I just didn't think it would be this soon.
    Drew is the next great young Air Raid coach. He's a future head coach who has been soaking up everything from Mike for the past 6 years or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    If we do that then I will be done. I can get boosters wanting an AD that will do what they say, but there are a lot of qualified athletic directors that will also be yes men when requested.

vCash
    I agree Paul is the best one over there by far. He is able to toe the line between being a journalist and supporting Mississippi State. I respect that. He tells it like it is and doesn't play favorites. He'll tell you when he doesn't like something. I kind of wish he would've made a move to On3 and headed up there State stuff.
    I totally agree and at one point in time I thought he was going to make that move.

vCash
    I wasn't talking about Mason. I was referencing Hollingshead and Phelps.

vCash
    Offer will Hall 1.7 million to be Offensive Coordinator

Southern miss can not pay that and he?s a good recruiter , he knows Mississippi , Louisiana , and Alabama very very well

Bring Frank Gore Jr with him

It will help him fast track into being a Higher up G5 head coach

He will be stuck at usm because an 7-8 win season is all they can hope for