Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    My concern with Hatcher is how his offense did in the playoffs against NDSU. Now granted the talent difference there probably had something to do with it.
    My main concern with Hatcher is he hasn't coached or recruited outside the FCS orbit. That gives me major pause, mainly on the recruiting side. This is not fun.

vCash
    No doubt about it. I forgot that win streak. Lot of guys at that level are true football players and not just great athletes.

When I was on Senior Bowl committee we always had guys from those smaller schools there. Watching Josh Allen and Baker dual it out after practice in a passing competition was fun to watch. I also took joy watching the Saints draft selection this past year, Penning, get after it at the practices. He had some guys ticked off that they were getting showed up by a FCS guy
    Yeah those dudes play hard. They're hungry and like you said just true football players. Man that sounds like a blast being involved in that and seeing those cats up close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    And all we needed to do show the qbs we were going to keep in the Air Raid vein.

Instead...

Our HC is.in over his head
    Not ready to say this yet. Let's see who the OC hire is first before we jump off a cliff. The trio of Bobo, Chaney, and Whipple have me worried, but I'm just hoping that was an agent feeding Rosebowl his client's names to try and get them out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And maybe he would. But "just fine" is not going to light the recruiting trail on fire. Briles and Kiffin carry 100 times the name recognition of a guy who hasn't coached at the FBS level this century. Again, I'm not saying Hatcher would be a bad hire because we don't know. But there will be no hype surrounding that hire. In his defense though, outside of some OOLF hire of a Kingsbury, Riley, or Kittley type there won't be much hype surrounding the hire. We swung big and missed.
    In all respect, we didn?t know what we had with Arnett, Brock, or McBath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    For the love of the world just zip it til we make a hire and even better play a game. You're becoming insufferable.
    Eta who really cares if Robertson left? He can't play dead. Locke who knows. You damn sure don't.
    Agree!!!!

vCash
    In all respect, we didn?t know what we had with Arnett, Brock, or McBath.
    We didn't. The point I was trying to make is that we swung and missed very publicly with Briles. Anyone outside of another big name is going to look like a letdown. You can try to spin it any way you want but that's the facts of it. Now Hatcher, Johns, Dawson, Miller, or whoever it may be could be the second coming of Joe Brady for all we know. But we'll have to see results. A name like Briles carries weight with it. Good or bad he has name recognition.

vCash
    We didn't. The point I was trying to make is that we swung and missed very publicly with Briles. Anyone outside of another big name is going to look like a letdown. You can try to spin it any way you want but that's the facts of it. Now Hatcher, Johns, Dawson, Miller, or whoever it may be could be the second coming of Joe Brady for all we know. But we'll have to see results. A name like Briles carries weight with it. Good or bad he has name recognition.
    Truth

vCash
    I think we are about to see that Arnett wasn’t as prepared as we thought he was. The guy has been with 2 coaches his entire career. His contacts are minimal. I would be very prepared to start seeing Ryan Lindley’s name start being shopped as the OC. What should that tell us? Arnett wants the offense to be a ground and pound Pro Style offense. That’s why that list was leaked. To get us prepared for an extremely underwhelming OC hire.

I have been very worried about Arnett being the guy. He botched this search waiting until after the bowl game to start it basically and I’d be willing to bet he doesn’t have a backup list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    I think we are about to see that Arnett wasn’t as prepared as we thought he was. The guy has been with 2 coaches his entire career. His contacts are minimal. I would be very prepared to start seeing Ryan Lindley’s name start being shopped as the OC. What should that tell us? Arnett wants the offense to be a ground and pound Pro Style offense. That’s why that list was leaked. To get us prepared for an extremely underwhelming OC hire.

I have been very worried about Arnett being the guy. He botched this search waiting until after the bowl game to start it basically and I’d be willing to bet he doesn’t have a backup list.
    We'll just have to see. We don't have the personnel to go ground and pound. Whether that be out of I or out of gun. We just don't. So we'll see real fast whether Arnett wants to win or wants to be like Moorhead and prove his way is better than the right way.

vCash
    If I had place odds on it at the moment they'd probably be:

Johns 7-1
    Hatcher 7-1
    Dawson 15-1
    Miller 20-1
    Everyone else 75-1
    Out of LF Candidate- 80-1

Never has a penis been this soft.

vCash
    Arnett kept the recruiting class intact(and even added a couple good ones at the last minute), he prepared us and won the bowl game. I say he's done ok so far so let's cut him a little slack until we see who he actually hires. He wants to win and I think he'll make a good hire. Heck if he doesn't there'll be plenty of time to bmc then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Never has a penis been this soft.
    If you've got a name I'll add it to the list. No name is stupid as we have seen tonight.

vCash
    If you've got a name I'll add it to the list. No name is stupid as we have seen tonight.
    Did you add Charlie Weiss for the seniors tour group lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Did you add Charlie Weiss for the seniors tour group lol!
    I disqualified him. You can only collect checks from two schools at one time like Kevin Sumlin. Charlie was at 3 at one point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    He botched the search?? You gotta be 17ing kidding me! With all he has had on his plate the last month AND trying to prepare for a bowl game, which he won in case you missed it. And was in the running to land one of the top OC's in America. Geez this is beyond comprehension. I don't even know what to say or think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    He botched the search?? You gotta be 17ing kidding me! With all he has had on his plate the last month AND trying to prepare for a bowl game, which he won in case you missed it. And was in the running to land one of the top OC's in America. Geez this is beyond comprehension. I don't even know what to say or think.
    I think people are just reacting to the list that Rosebowl put out. Why he did that I do not know. That was beyond dumb. He should've kept those names to himself if that's all he could find. I mean Whipple, Chaney, and Bobo. That's bad.

vCash
    I disqualified him. You can only collect checks from two schools at one time like Kevin Sumlin. Charlie was at 3 at one point.
    I was just kidding anyway lol. Charlie had a great rep at one time but boy did he turn up the suck knob after he left the pats.

vCash
    I think people are just reacting to the list that Rosebowl put out. Why he did that I do not know. That was beyond dumb. He should've kept those names to himself if that's all he could find. I mean Whipple, Chaney, and Bobo. That's bad.
    Amen to this! You would think Steve would have better sense than that. He had to know it would cause a stir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Amen to this! You would think Steve would have better sense than that. He had to know it would cause a stir.
    Well and that makes me think that there's a couple of other names out there that if he had slid them in after the Briles news people would've been mad at them, which was going to be almost any name that wasn't Riley, Kittley, or someone like that. I do think Dawson and Hatcher have shots at it. I refuse to believe those other 3 do. If they do, then the reaction was rightfully toxic and hostile and Arnett will have used all his goodwill up before February. Hell I've said since last week I've thought the hire was going to be Shannon Dawson. It was no inside knowledge. His background just makes sense. He's been with Dana for years. He recruits Texas well. He also has been with Mumme, Monken and Hopson. Granted, He did get fired at UK and USM but his offenses have been able to move the ball.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-06-2023 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    Well and that makes me think that there's a couple of other names out there that if he had slid them in after the Briles news people would've been mad at them, which was going to be almost any name that wasn't Riley, Kittley, or someone like that. I do think Dawson and Hatcher have shots at it. I refuse to believe those other 3 do. If they do, then the reaction was rightfully toxic and hostile and Arnett will have used all his goodwill up before February.
    Agree on all this.