Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Homedawg's info he brings is as good as anybody's
    He's as good a source as anyone. When he posts, I pay attention

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Arnett has no coaching contacts outside of SDSU and his time at State, Leach probably had more coaching contacts and national respect than all but a handful of coaches in the country. That speaks to program building. When you wholesale fire a bunch of good coaches word gets around, coaching is a fraternity. I think Arnett is going to have a hard time attracting a good staff, but that probably doesn’t matter either. The one qualification to coach at State seems to be if you are a Mississippi high school coach good ol boy, not a recipe for national success.
    Bookmarked for being wrong about Bobo, lying and being a douche

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    My source says otherwise.
    Bobo was never considered. I and others were saying this over 24 hours ago and then Bruce Feldman announced it later because of erroneous reporting.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-07-2023 at 06:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Bobo was never considered. I was saying this over 24 hours ago and thrn Bruce Feldman announced it later because of erroneous reporting.
    This it was never bobo, ever. The only ones believing that were Steve and his minions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This it was never bobo, ever. The only ones believing that were Steve and his minions.
    The ones that think their freak out caused Arnett to go in a different direction? LOL.

Like any coach would base a hire off of message board reaction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The ones that think their freak out caused Arnett to go in a different direction? LOL.

This! That would be even more of an indictment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I'm old enough to remember when posters on this board said they were used to float ideas and get feedback from within this forum....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    Well it turns out he had his client publicly shamed and over half a fan base prepared to jump off the cliff at the thought of hiring him
    Sexton doing something to embarrass his own client doesn't make any sense. He's smarter than to do something stupid like that. Some on a message board wanted to jump off a cliff,not half the MSU fan base. Sexton didn't cause Bobo to get publicly shamed either. I'll give a hint. Clicks and subscriptions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Sexton doing something to embarrass his own client doesn't make any sense. He's smarter than to do something stupid like that. Some on a message board wanted to jump off a cliff,not half the MSU fan base. Sexton didn't cause Bobo to get publicly shamed either. I'll give a hint. Clicks and subscriptions.
    Bingo!

vCash
    More like trying to piece together OC names from the hire of Friend. That's why he posted Chaney and Bobo on that list. There was no knowledge that we were interested in Bobo because we never were. He was just trying to make an educated guess
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-07-2023 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This! That would be even more of an indictment.
    Some of our fans need to stick to getting the end zones painted and getting the interlocking MSU back.

I definitely don't want fans who were "surprised at how respected Leach was" picking our coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when posters on this board said they were used to float ideas and get feedback from within this forum....
    Not me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    That?s what I heard, Hughes wanted to get off the field.
    False

vCash
    I was just responding to the thought that Sexton had put Bobo's name out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    False
    Okay thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Thought Hopson was gonna coach Safeties?
    Haven't heard that but it's possible. He's a good S coach. Or used to be anyway. Has offers but no idea if he leaves/stays.

vCash
    With us waiting til next week on an OC etc, Arnett obviously doesn't know who he's hiring yet. Hopefully he has a good list to talk to next couple days. I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever get an AD and full football staff LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's as good a source as anyone. When he posts, I pay attention
    If somebody argues or says Homedawg is wrong on something concerning MSU athletics. they need to get better "sources" and re-evaluate their so called knowledge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    With us waiting til next week on an OC etc, Arnett obviously doesn't know who he's hiring yet. Hopefully he has a good list to talk to next couple days. I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever get an AD and full football staff LOL.
    A few actually think we are waiting till after the GA/TCU CFC game to announce an OC hire. LOL

vCash
    A few actually think we are waiting till after the GA/TCU CFC game to announce an OC hire. LOL
    Lol. Naw. We just have a coach way in over his head.