Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Fiend is the OL coach? And we hired Bumphis... all while having NO OC. And we may promote Bracky from within?

Seems to me the "good ole boys" are running the show and CZA is bending over and spreading it for them. What OC wants to come to a place where 100% of his staff is picked? But CZA and the boosters don't seem to care. Makes you terrified of what they expect to hire. if it's a "familiar name" as was mentioned earlier it's no doubt another good ole boy hire and not who's best for the program.

I'm off Arnett, regardless of who the OC is. The fact he let Hollinghead and Miller get downgraded and BoBo is a name at all = he is in over his head/is paying back the boosters that got him to be HC by letting them pick the staff. I'll watch the games but if we don't win 8+ my opinion of Arnett won't change. What a *****
    Just let it play out. Friend, bump and Peterson are solid hires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If CZA is going from not considering a modernized Air Raid Concept Offense (which we hope he is not) to a Triple Option type one then why don't we just hire either Navy, Army, or the Air Forces" OC. I am being a little facetious but if he was really seriously considering Bobo somebody needs some help and guidance. JMO
    Triple option?

vCash
    Then he's the OC or OL coach and Friend is the OC. Can't have 2 Ol coaches on staff.
    Why not? We had 2 WR coaches ***

vCash
    Fiend is the OL coach? And we hired Bumphis... all while having NO OC. And we may promote Bracky from within?

Seems to me the "good ole boys" are running the show and CZA is bending over and spreading it for them. What OC wants to come to a place where 100% of his staff is picked? But CZA and the boosters don't seem to care. Makes you terrified of what they expect to hire. if it's a "familiar name" as was mentioned earlier it's no doubt another good ole boy hire and not who's best for the program.

I'm off Arnett, regardless of who the OC is. The fact he let Hollinghead and Miller get downgraded and BoBo is a name at all = he is in over his head/is paying back the boosters that got him to be HC by letting them pick the staff. I'll watch the games but if we don't win 8+ my opinion of Arnett won't change. What a *****
    Again for those in the back: Bracky is retiring as soon as he can, he will not be the new AD, if you believe he will be I have bridge for sale for all y?all. Now back to your previously scheduled programming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just let it play out. Friend, bump and Peterson are solid hires.
    Maybe Peterson is the brains behind the operation

Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Steve does some stuff that just boggles the mind sometimes.
    Another "What We Are Hearing" .....Throw the bait out there and let posters run with it........ and 66 pages later and counting .....Mission accomplished. Yeah I agree CC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Triple option?
    I said I was being facetious. Getting away from the Air Raid Concept. I just went to the extreme on the running offense.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-06-2023 at 07:18 PM.

vCash
    I said I was being facetious. Getting away from the Air Raid Concept. I just went to the extreme on the running offense.
    Gotcha! Missed the context. I apologize.

vCash
    Friend is NOT a good hire, Auburn fans hated him. I love Bumphos and he may be great but his resume is weak as hell and Utah fans on Reddit don't mind him leaving. Peterson is a good hire

You cannot possibly disagree that these are Good Ole Boy hires, can you? Replace 2 good coaches with 2 guys with MS ties, and bring back a analyst that used to work here. Arnett has never met these people- the boosters have. Who is calling the shots here?

Even if you disagree that the boosters are running the show, why the hell is Bobos name brought up at all? Whether we hire him or not, the fact he's been names is a red flag for whoever is calling the shots.

vCash
    I've lost a lot of confidence in Zach Arnett. Not as much as I've lost in Mark Keenum though. Just sloppy as hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Gotcha! Missed the context. I apologize.
    No apology needed...Everything is cool........... other than our OC search unless something changes.

vCash
    Friend is absolutely a good hire. He put together an offensive gameplan in a week that almost beat us. He's a good OL coach. We've done well so far with him and Bump. Let's see how the rest shakes out
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Friend is absolutely a good hire. He put together an offensive gameplan in a week that almost beat us. He's a good OL coach. We've done well so far with him and Bump. Let's see how the rest shakes out
    As good or better than our previous coach in the position?

vCash
    Im not sure how some of you feel that this has been a train wreck? I mean, none of us are on the inside and really know how it?s going. We are getting reports from Steve, Paul, and those that think they know shit on here. We don?t know how this is really going down. Yet, some on here are throwing CZA under the bus and saying you?re ready to pull funding and this is a shit show. Y?all are some dumbasses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I was wondering about that too. We lost Britton to Auburn.

vCash
    Hes not a bad coach but, it feels like a downgrade... it it comes with Bobo being attached as OC we'll be looking for a new HC shortly...2 years at most is my guess..

vCash
    Some of y'all have lost it. Prob the same people that thought Miller was a shit hire 3 years ago and bitched about the OL splits

vCash
    I was wondering about that too. We lost Britton to Auburn.
    Also curious about his recruiting, so apropos.

vCash
    As good for sure. Friend was a really good OL player in college and is well thought of. Our OL will continue to be coached well.

vCash
    Also curious about his recruiting, so apropos.
    Friend has tons of contacts around Miss and Bama. I'm sure in other places as well.