Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Maybe so but it would be very surprising to see a guy thats been a HC for over a generation want to be an Asst again.
    To me SEC OC > being a head coach at a FCS. Or no worse than equal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I love how we went from "CZA aint playing" to "I want to fire Arnett"

I am willing to bet he makes a solid hire. It may not be the flashiest, but I trust that he will make a good hire. If it ends up being Chaney or Bobo, then sure. You guys will be right. I just don't think that happens at all.
    I agree. As detailed as Zach is I believe he'll make a good hire(even if not flashy). Everyone's rushing to the ledge because of what happened with Briles but I think after the smoke clears it'll be alright

vCash
    Who are the best FCS offenses? Kansas State hit a freaking home run with Kleiman, maybe we could do the same with a top notch OC from those ranks.

vCash
    I?d make a run at Will Hall before any of those guys. USM is a sinking ship athletically and conference wise. Pay raise for him.

vCash
    How about Joey Halzle the Tennessee OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And Hatcher was fired at Murray St. and Kevin Johns was fired at Indiana and Texas Tech. Perfect candidates don't exist at this point in the process.
    I agree but Hatcher was being fired as HC. I mentioned before John's was let go at Indiana and that could raise some eyebrows. He wasn't fired from Texas Tech (his offense was 16th nationally that year) he was let go when they changed HC

vCash
    Kevin Johns.

He's the only name left that would really excite me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree. As detailed as Zach is I believe he'll make a good hire(even if not flashy). Everyone's rushing to the ledge because of what happened with Briles but I think after the smoke clears it'll be alright
    To be fair...People were whining after Briles was out....the ledge filled up when we saw Whipple, Chaney, and Bobo's names. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Who are the best FCS offenses? Kansas State hit a freaking home run with Kleiman, maybe we could do the same with a top notch OC from those ranks.
    You can look at South Dakota State or North Dakota State the 2 best fcs teams year in year out. But ndsu runs more power stuff and probably wouldn't be a fit for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Kevin Johns.

He's the only name left that would really excite me.
    I could easily get behind Johns as the choice

vCash
    To be fair...People were whining after Briles was out....the ledge filled up when we saw Whipple, Chaney, and Bobo's names. Lol
    Those 3 names can make one want to jump off that ledge too!

vCash
    Mullen to OC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Kliff has stated on a few occasions since he got to the NFL how much he openly loathed recruiting. Kliff would be a great position coach, but you would have to have ace recruiters on staff to do the heavy lifting on that front and we don't have any at the moment.
    Tells you how much I dont pay attention to the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    So you are saying that he?s worse than leach?

So you are saying we should expect a even worse offense next season?
    You realize you are a dumbass and can?t win an argument. You still have not given a rebuttal as
    To why he?s not a candidate. Do us a favor and tell us who we could legitimately hire since, according to you in your original post, we have A&M, Bama, Auburn money. Go ahead Pike tell us.

Because, again, no one is going to know if Briles and his amazing 19 points against Liberty at home or Dawson is going to fair with Mississippi talent (because you know we have to lock down Mississippi talent (by the way the state that has only produced 6 NFL WRs, two of which were once a decade players in the same class and all the others played at USM or other out of state schools)). At this point, you are embarrassed because you don?t know your football.

vCash
    I honestly can't see a young energetic guy like Arnett wanting to hire some of the old relics on that list. I'd be shocked if he hired whipple, chaney or bobo, but heck with what happened today who knows. Zach's honeymoon will be over quick if he hires one of those 3, and admittedly that was just a pretty much thrown together list by Steve.
    I don’t see it either, but boy that would be a long offseason if so…. I’m just sitting there laughing at reading all this now. But like you said, that list came from Steve and probably(hopefully) not connected to Arnett.

vCash
    I'd rather let fans send in plays live during the game than hire Mike Bobo. Just pass around the Madden controller through the stands
    oh we could raise a crap ton of money! Let's say 70 plays per game. 70 x $10K 700K x 12= 8.4 Million.

By some great players like that. we can even make it the NCAA recruiting process too.

vCash
    I can't believe CZA's list of OC candidates got leaked out to be posted on 247 for everybody to see and comment on. That doesn't make any sense at all. That list may be just throwing something up against the wall and seeing if some of it will stick.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-05-2023 at 10:58 PM.

vCash
    You can look at South Dakota State or North Dakota State the 2 best fcs teams year in year out. But ndsu runs more power stuff and probably wouldn't be a fit for us.
    What does SDSU run?

vCash
    My concern with Hatcher is how his offense did in the playoffs against NDSU. Now granted the talent difference there probably had something to do with it.

vCash
    Here's a guy I'd like us to kick the tires on, Willy Korn. Young guy with some aggressive offenses at Coastal Carolina. Just hired as Liberty oc but he's a young up and coming oc and qb coach