Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Hot Board Version 3-Let's Try This Again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Offer will Hall 1.7 million to be Offensive Coordinator

Southern miss can not pay that and he?s a good recruiter , he knows Mississippi , Louisiana , and Alabama very very well

Bring Frank Gore Jr with him

It will help him fast track into being a Higher up G5 head coach

He will be stuck at usm because an 7-8 win season is all they can hope for
    1. Gore is not better than either Marks or Price
    2. I don't give a 17 if he knows MS, LA, or AL very well. We have Tony, Rod, and Brad on staff for that.
    3. WE don't have to offer Will F'N Hall 1.7 million. Offer him 700K and say take it or leave it.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-06-2023 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    I was on the fence about johns, but bobo made me change my mind. Let's get Johns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    2. I don't give a 17 if he knows MS, LA, or AL very well. We have Tony, Rod, and Brad on staff for that.
    3. WE don't have to offer Will F'N Hall 1.7 million. Offer him 700K and say take it or leave it. Because unfortunately he is better than Bobo or Chaney.
    What is this “recruit Mississippi” shit ? Lol

That sounds like something from genespage

No wonder they hated Leach, we can’t have any of this national recruiting stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    What is this “recruit Mississippi” shit ? Lol

That sounds like something from genespage

No wonder they hated Leach, we can’t have any of this national recruiting stuff.
    It is from GP. It's from a certain group of people that think the only way we can win is with a bunch of underrated MS diamonds in the rough. So they want to only recruit MS.

vCash
    Will Friend is going to be hired. His position will not be announced until we get a OC. But I'm not buying the Bobo stuff.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 01-06-2023 at 03:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Offer will Hall 1.7 million to be Offensive Coordinator

Southern miss can not pay that and he?s a good recruiter , he knows Mississippi , Louisiana , and Alabama very very well

Bring Frank Gore Jr with him

It will help him fast track into being a Higher up G5 head coach

He will be stuck at usm because an 7-8 win season is all they can hope for

Briles wasn't offered $2 million from what I heard from somebody who just doesn't sling something against the wall to see if it will stick like some do . It was more in the $1.8 or a little less. I think Hall left the OC position at Tulane because he wanted to be the HC at USM. So not sure why he would want to go back to a OC position but stranger things have happened I guess.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-06-2023 at 03:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Will Friend is going to be hired. But I'm not buying the Bobo stuff.
    What happened on Miller. I thought he was a lock to stay?

vCash
    Will Friend is going to be hired. His position will not be announced until we get a OC. But I'm not buying the Bobo stuff.
    So regardless it’s a downgrade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was on the fence about johns, but bobo made me change my mind. Let's get Johns
    Johns or Hatcher 100% above any of the names we have heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    It's not a certainty one way or the other on whether he stays or goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    He had worked with KB before or they knew each other somehow so that was the thought process behind Miller staying. He has no connection with anyone else mentioned other than probably Hatcher and that's only through both of them knowing Mike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    So regardless it’s a downgrade.
    Friend is a really good coach.

vCash
    I have no real info but it's feeling like someone being slipped in to "save the day" from the bad hire. Maybe Mason Miller? I don't know. Something is up.

vCash
    It's not a certainty one way or the other on whether he stays or goes.
    Thanks, hopefully he will stay.

vCash
    Friend is a really good coach.
    So is the like Arnett to Syracuse? Wasn't friend just reportedly hired by Memphis in the last 24 hours ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I have no real info but it's feeling like someone being slipped in to "save the day" from the bad hire. Maybe Mason Miller? I don't know. Something is up.
    Let's all pray that happened. Mason would actually make a little sense. Name him OC, keep JWash at RB coach, and bring in Ryan Lindley(who CZA is bound and determined to get on staff) as QB coach. That's better than a lot of options that are currently on the table. I'm just not confident in that.

vCash
    He had worked with KB before or they knew each other somehow so that was the thought process behind Miller staying. He has no connection with anyone else mentioned other than probably Hatcher and that's only through both of them knowing Mike.
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    This should have been an easy decision from the very beginning. You shoot for Zach Kittley, which was always an unlikely hire. You at least try it. Then, you go to Chris Hatcher. The least amount of offensive transition would have been made with Hatcher. He's basically Mike's Air Raid with more RPO and more emphasis on running the ball but not to the point where you are a run first or run to set up the pass team. The guy has been a head coach for 22 years and is still just 49 years old.
    Kittley told us no-twice. Wouldn?t even take an interview. Please people understand this.

As soon as people learn the same group of people who pushed for Brad Peterson and Bumphis to come back are now the one?s pushing for Bracky Brett as AD you will see what some have been saying. There is a fraction of money guys who want access and these guys give them access.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    At this point, I think you can name him and it turn out better than Bobo. Bring Friend in as the OL coach, keep JWash as the RB coach.

Certainly a lot better than Will Hall

vCash
    3. WE don't have to offer Will F'N Hall 1.7 million. Offer him 700K and say take it or leave it.
    He continues to prove he is the most misinformed poster on this board.