Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let this be a lesson to you all

vCash

Let this be a lesson to you all

Stop being so gullible!

1) An SEC OC is successful at a school that can match our offers. 1st clue we weren't getting Briles.

2) His agent is notorious for playing schools for pay raises, literally just did it to Auburn with Kiffin. Clue 2.

3) Our insiders were told yesterday we got him, but the signing kept dragging and dragging, almost like Briles was trying to see what Arky would counter with. Clue 3.

Insiders get their info from people close to the situation. people close to the situation care a LOT and are eager to believe anything that's good for State. We, as a viewing audience, need to be more critical. This would have been an unusual move, the agent does this all the time, and unexplained hold ups kept this from moving quick. The ONLY thing implying this would happen was that he was giving us the time of day, which of course he would, he has too to get an offer he can take to Arky to match.

vCash
    I blame this on allyn mckeen being fired

vCash
    Arnett tried to get who he thought was best. We apparently ponied up the money to play ball but he ultimately stayed.

Isn't that exactly what we've asked our program to do? Briles would have been a solid hire and if Arkansas really didn't want him, he wouldn't have gotten an extension.

Arnett swung for the fences and missed. So what. He went after a bigger name and tired to make a splash, which this would have.

Too many people on this board and in our fan base want us to play it safe, then wonder why we never win a ton of games. Don't take risks but go win a bunch of games! Good for Arnett doing something atypical MSU by trying to get a bigger name.
    On to the next one.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    What I?ve seen from those who would be most in the know have really slow-played this. It hasn?t gotten any traction at all with in-state media, regional (SEC footprint) media, and really not even a blurb about it at all nationally. I think there are some VERY strong players at this table, and MSU isn?t allowing any really mucking of the water (so to speak) with this search and brokering any contracts.

vCash
    Should?ve went 2.5 million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Arnett tried to get who he thought was best. We apparently ponied up the money to play ball but he ultimately stayed.

Isn't that exactly what we've asked our program to do? Briles would have been a solid hire and if Arkansas really didn't want him, he wouldn't have gotten an extension.

Arnett swung for the fences and missed. So what. He went after a bigger name and tired to make a splash, which this would have.

On to the next one.
    This and he has the financial backing from our boosters to make it happen. Zach wants to win and he has the support to do it. Like you said keep swinging, you don't quit just because you miss. Heck I've been in sales and marketing most of my adult life. If I quit trying every time someone told me no I'd be broke.

vCash
    Guess he didn?t really want to leave. That?s what I was banking on. He had to want to leave for us to get him. Apparently he didn?t. And who really gives crap if we get our hopes up a little that he may come. It?s not like most on here don?t know everything you just laid out. Why didn?t you come on here and say it before he turned us down?

On to the next big fish(I hope).
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-05-2023 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    First of all, speak for yourself. I approached this with the same healthy skepticism that i take with me in my everyday life.

It didn't work out. NBD. As i said in the other thread, we cost a division rival more money and sowed internal discord. This was a no lose situation for us... Unless we shelled out for him and he flopped. As my daddy used to say, asking doesn't cost you anything.

Some of y'all act like CZA didn't even entertain the thought that bringing KB here was not the most probable outcome. Indirectly letting some of these other candidates know they're plan B/C/D might not be the worst thing in the world.

vCash

Too many people on this board and in our fan base want us to play it safe, then wonder why we never win a ton of games. Don't take risks but go win a bunch of games! Good for Arnett doing something atypical MSU by trying to get a bigger name.
    On to the next one.
    Nobody is saying CZA shouldn't have tried, I"m saying we as fans shouldn't have gotten our hopes up, much less believed it was a "done deal"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Should?ve went 2.5 million
    You can't do that when the head coach makes 3 million.

vCash
    And we will spank that ass again next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You can't do that when the head coach makes 3 million.
    Says who? Arnett may be the only one. But if he approves, who cares. But I do think 2.5 would be too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Stop being so gullible!

1) An SEC OC is successful at a school that can match our offers. 1st clue we weren't getting Briles.

2) His agent is notorious for playing schools for pay raises, literally just did it to Auburn with Kiffin. Clue 2.

3) Our insiders were told yesterday we got him, but the signing kept dragging and dragging, almost like Briles was trying to see what Arky would counter with. Clue 3.

Insiders get their info from people close to the situation. people close to the situation care a LOT and are eager to believe anything that's good for State. We, as a viewing audience, need to be more critical. This would have been an unusual move, the agent does this all the time, and unexplained hold ups kept this from moving quick. The ONLY thing implying this would happen was that he was giving us the time of day, which of course he would, he has too to get an offer he can take to Arky to match.
    Lol. Guess right on a 50/50, then stand on a pedestal and scream "I TOLD YOU SOOOOO!" You people crack me up.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RisperDawg View Post
    First of all, speak for yourself. I approached this with the same healthy skepticism that i take with me in my everyday life.

It didn't work out. NBD. As i said in the other thread, we cost a division rival more money and sowed internal discord. This was a no lose situation for us... Unless we shelled out for him and he flopped. As my daddy used to say, asking doesn't cost you anything.

Some of y'all act like CZA didn't even entertain the thought that bringing KB here was not the most probable outcome. Indirectly letting some of these other candidates know they're plan B/C/D might not be the worst thing in the world.
    In the words of Mel Brooks ?HRRUMMPPHHH!!!?

vCash

On to the next one.
    Tell me. Who is Arnett's agent?

Arnett got played.

vCash
    Stop being so gullible!

I was skeptical this wasn't going to happen from the get go. NO WAY in hell we were going to pull a successful, sitting coordinator from a fellow SECW institution. Wasn't going to happen. If CZA put all his eggs in one basket then this is a lesson learned for him. Better have a back up plan real quick.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Nobody is saying CZA shouldn't have tried, I"m saying we as fans shouldn't have gotten our hopes up, much less believed it was a "done deal"
    Anyone that got their hopes up needs to take a step back to reality and calm down. Our fan base makes things tens times worse than they have to be because we don't have an OC named 3 days after our bowl game.

The next week is going to be miserable from some folks on here that can't stop obsessing over this and providing doom and gloom updates every hour.

vCash
    The real lesson:

DON'T LET YOUR BABIES GROW UP TO BE STATE FANS!!!

vCash
    The hell you can?t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Tell me. Who is Arnett's agent?

Arnett got played.
    He would have been the most high profile coordinator on campus in the last two decades. And our university threw a heavy hand on the table.

So what if we got played. We showed we are going to go after someone big. If it gets them a raise and they stay so what? You hire zero people you don't offer.

Can't get better as a university if you sit here scared to get played. But again. People want to say we should win a crap ton of games every year but are scares to play in the big boy waters where it gets nasty.