Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT- Have any of you put money into a CD recently i am having a hard time finding

vCash

OT- Have any of you put money into a CD recently i am having a hard time finding

any banks that will give 5% or more on 150-200k unless i do 3 years. i am in Arkansas any suggestions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    any banks that will give 5% or more on 150-200k unless i do 3 years. i am in Arkansas any suggestions?
    Yeah - buy rural land

vCash
    i have enough land i own a freaking mountain just trying to avoid capital gains tax for a while

vCash
    Instead of a CD take a look at RYLD, it's a covered call ETF paying around 1%/month. I use it for a short term place to park some cash.

It may not be a fit for you but it's worth checking out.

vCash
    Take a look at Ally or Bask Bank. Bask is the online banking line of business for Texas Capital Bank.

vCash
    Synchrony is like 4.55 I think. Check local FCUs you should be able to find above 5.

I Bonds are 6.89%

vCash
    i have enough land i own a freaking mountain just trying to avoid capital gains tax for a while
    There's no such thing as 'enough land'..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    There's no such thing as 'enough land'..
    you may be right but i am satisfied...... i got a huge inheritance of land...and my wife is about to get a big inheritance of land about 400 acres on the Buffalo River in Arkansas.... thanks to all for the input i will check them out.
    Last edited by 99jc; 01-04-2023 at 09:09 PM.

vCash
    You can get a money market for 3-4% right now. Get the interest plus have access to your principal if you need it.

Bonds are really good right now too

vCash
    you may be right but i am satisfied...... i got a huge inheritance of land...and my wife is about to get a big inheritance of land about 400 acres on the Buffalo River in Arkansas.... thanks to all for the input i will check them out.
    I hope it works for you...I'm in the Ozarks myself...if you decide you wanna lessen the burden of having that land let me know lol

vCash
    Muni bonds aren’t bad if you find the right one. Can get 4.5% tax free and pay under par. So the yield is over 7%.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't want to own the mountain, but I wouldn't mind visiting said mountain. For research purposes of course.

vCash
    I’m kind of in the same boat minus the land (though I am looking for some it’s just hard to come by in Lowndes County). I’ve got a chunk of money I’m trying to put in properties but the out of state flippers and local realtors beat me to everything or outbid me on auctioned properties. It’s frustrating because the stock market is kind of a wash right now.

vCash
    Well, this is a world I can't relate too lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    I don't want to own the mountain, but I wouldn't mind visiting said mountain. For research purposes of course.
    Don’t let him fool you. The only mountain he owns is a Yogurt Mountain

vCash
    NM didn't see the 150-200k part.

Why not buy I bonds? They were paying 9.x% last year and 6.89% right now.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Don’t let him fool you. The only mountain he owns is a Yogurt Mountain
    Oddly enough, I used to work for the guy who founded that company. Ran some Blockbuster Video stores and then sold off his shares in the franchise and opened up the yogurt chain. Always was a nice enough guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    NM didn't see the 150-200k part.

Why not buy I bonds? They were paying 9.x% last year and 6.89% right now.
    You can only put 10K in an I Bond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You can only put 10K in an I Bond.
    Yeah, if you hit it in December you could do 10k for you spouse and all kids then turn around and do the same in January. You can also go over that with tax returns, but I completely missed the amount he said in his post.

vCash
    I, in fact, ordered two new cds from Amazon two nights ago, the Jackly debut album and the reissue of UFO, "Walk On Water". As for the financial considerations, getting them free with bonus points from my Capital One card. Plan to play them in my 2002 Impala that I bought new and still getting 30mph at 179K miles!*** Rock On! Hail State!