Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching the replay

vCash

Watching the replay

It really is sad our attendance is so poor in a great bowl.... it's going to be hard to ever get a Citrus Bowl invite. I honestly do wonder how many would show up for a Playoff game if they ever made it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    It really is sad our attendance is so poor in a great bowl.... it's going to be hard to ever get a Citrus Bowl invite. I honestly do wonder how many would show up for a Playoff game if they ever made it...
    I was there. Thought it was a good showing. Illinois maybe had a few more though I was impressed with them

vCash
    I was at the game. It was so hot on the west side many people like me moved up to shade or went inside the club area where it is air-conditioned. It looked worse than it actually was especially later in the game.
    "I ring cowbells at ballgames."

vCash
    After the game. We went to a few bars and in one we met a couple of Illinois fans and they told us they had asked a bar manager why there were so few State fans. His response is Mississippi State doesn?t travel well, mostly because they are the poorest State.

I set them straight though. I explained that
    1) Arkansas was the poorest State.
    B) MSU has been to 13 straight bowls and were in Tampa and St. Pete bowls in the last 5 years.
    Q) we were not really excited to play a shitty Illinois team.
    4) How can anyone who cannot spell or say their own State correctly think Mississippians are Dumb? It should be spelled Illinoy,

vCash
    Compared to other bowl games this season we had a very decent crowd there. There was hardly any one at the lsu game same day.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I was there. Thought it was a good showing. Illinois maybe had a few more though I was impressed with them
    They haven?t been to a bowl since 2019 plus it?s cold as hell up there right now.

vCash
    Pretty much every bowl game accept bcs games and playoffs attendance is dropping across the board. It ain't because we're from Mississippi. Heck cfb attendance is down for the 10th straight year.

vCash
    i thought the crowd was great and huge but i was wasted and saw everything double

vCash
    I was there too ...I had to drive after my flight was cancelled but it wasn't even close 60-40 watching on TV shows just how few we had there

vCash
    We're just not a football school. We'll travel well if it's close proximity or after a long bowl drought.

vCash
    Tell them to YouTube our CWS championship series.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    First, we have played in these bowl games like this one every other year for 13 years. Not sure how many times we have played in this one or the Gater since we smoked Michigan, but it seems like a bunch.

Second, our head coach just died. And if we are honest, our offense didn?t even make me want to go and watch games 3 miles from my house.

Third, other than this game being the complete end of our season for this team, it really has no actual meaning for us fans. We entered the season wanting to win the SEC West, SEC Championship, and get in the playoffs. That didn?t happen. The games makes us feel good since we won, but that is the only reason to play it.

Again, we are all just waiting for hope. We haven?t seen hope but 2 times since 2015. When Mullen lost to Bama in 2017 in Starkville, and when KJ set the SEC passing record game 1 against LSU. If we had something to play for, and we have hope?.. we would have sold out that stadium even in a exhibition game.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I dont think its that bad at all. It was a good crowd. State fans have hope haha this is a little over dramatic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I dont think it's that bad at all. It was a good crowd. State fans have hope haha this is a little over dramatic
    It was a good crowd. Did anyone watch any of the other bowl games? Heck compared to most our game looked like standing room only lol!

vCash
    I suspect the real reason is that we were playing Illinois, not exactly a well-known football powerhouse. Had we gotten the Gator against Notre Dame, there would have been a lot more make the trip. The opponent matters. Even a home game with a lower level opponent doesn't attract fans. And nowadays even a home game against Alabama has a few empty seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Compared to other bowl games this season we had a very decent crowd there. There was hardly any one at the lsu game same day.
    I don't remember which bowl it was, but one I watched for a few minutes had more people on the field than in the stands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I suspect the real reason is that we were playing Illinois, not exactly a well-known football powerhouse. Had we gotten the Gator against Notre Dame, there would have been a lot more make the trip. The opponent matters. Even a home game with a lower level opponent doesn't attract fans. And nowadays even a home game against Alabama has a few empty seats.
    Agree with this.

vCash
    I don't remember which bowl it was, but one I watched for a few minutes had more people on the field than in the stands.
    Lol yep. The lsu/Purdue game looked like an Oakland A'a baseball game attendance wise.

vCash
    When we get to the Omaha Final equivalent of a bowl game, we will show up. Every single time

vCash
    True, I remember when some bama fans used to buy our season tickets to be able to see them play in person at Starkville. College attendance to football game$ is falling for many rea$ons. As a season ticket holder, I did enjoy that ETSU game. As Skip Carey used to say about Braves attendance in the '70's, we had about 40K fans disguised as empty seats!****