Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alright, it is late afternoon

vCash

Alright, it is late afternoon

This is when the big news usually breaks to hit the 5:00 news. Waiting.

vCash
    The big news already broke.

Matt Brock is DC.

vCash
    I hope this isn't a big thud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I hope this isn't a big thud.
    Me too, because we haven?t heard crap about a 2nd candidate, which may be a good thing. No reporter has said Briles is out. And no reporter has mentioned another candidate. Hopefully just working out contracts and assistants.

Also, is Upig still kinda quiet on the matter?

vCash
    Brock was expected. You save your surprises for late afternoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Me too, because we haven?t heard crap about a 2nd candidate, which may be a good thing. No reporter has said Briles is out. And no reporter has mentioned another candidate. Hopefully just working out contracts and assistants.

Confidence gains on their side with each passing hour I would say. There is some worry on our side now. I think most thought this would be done this afternoon at the latest. I feel less and less confident as the day goes on.

On to your other point, I would imagine that other candidates have been contacted, but most candidates at this point will be a downgrade over KB. But hey we got Chad****

vCash
    Maybe I'm misremembering, but some years ago, shortly after the Art Briles scandal at Baylor, wasn't the consensus (at least of many posters), that the Briles name was tainted, and many said they'd not want someone with that name on our campus?

vCash
    Ross Dellinger to break some big MSU news around 5pm. That's the big rumor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post

Not hearing much from UPig land either. I did peruse through their message board and saw a few references to the bridge between Briles and Pittman being burned and no way Briles would be back. I have no idea what that is about or if it is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Ross Dellinger to break some big MSU news around 5pm. That's the big rumor.
    Yeah the one who said to look for Dellinger to post something this afternoon or evening and now around 5pm is pretty knowledgeable on MSU athletics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Yeah the one who said to look for Dellinger to post something this afternoon or evening and now around 5pm is pretty knowledgeable on MSU athletics.
    So we know it is not Bert Stare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Not hearing much from UPig land either. I did peruse through their message board and saw a few references to the bridge between Briles and Pittman being burned and no way Briles would be back. I have no idea what that is about or if it is true.
    There was a report on another team's message board (not MSU or ARK related) that some ARK coaches and players weren't happy with Pittman, and some may be leaving, and that if KB took our job then Pittman may be looking at their OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So we know it is not Bert Stare.
    Let's say we hope not lol. His prediction winning percentages have been really bad.

vCash
    With it being about 5, if Dellenger breaks this before our beat guys that is pretty sad.

vCash
    With it being about 5, if Dellenger breaks this before our beat guys that is pretty sad.
    Why is that sad - that's how it normally works

vCash
    Ross is one of the more "in the know" journos out there. Way more in the know than our beat guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Why is that sad - that's how it normally works
    Sorry. Forgot the sarcasm on that one. Got to typing too fast. Obviously it's very likely that a national guy with more connections than most people have phone numbers would be the first on a story.

vCash
    Liisten to Robbie on "Let's talk about the Dawgs:"

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/s...Pdakk5W2Xt28Kw

vCash
    Robbie says it's above 50% that KB is our new OC

vCash
    He's not because there is nothing for him to report right now unless he just says something about our interest in KB or the negotiations.