Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Timeline and Offer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I'd honestly just wait and see what Garrett Riley has to say. You might as well swing big again. Doesn't really matter if you miss again. Anyone you hire now knows they weren't your first choice. At least you can spin Riley was still coaching.

I just pray we don't do the easy thing and hire Chris Hatcher.
    LOL, you think the OC at a P5 team PLAYING IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP is going to come to State? WHY WOULD HE DO THAT? Money? TCU isn't poor. They are private so we don't have data, but they paid Patterson 7+M and survived many poaching attempts. Riley's next stop is HC. He's not leaving a palce with the national spotlights where he's got it rolling to do a rebuilt here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I'm sure you mistyped but it a LOU
    It's a Memorandum of Understanding - Spells out what you both agree on and both parties sign it.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-05-2023 at 08:17 PM.

vCash
    This is what happens sometimes, guys. You all are flipping out for no reason. You can’t get turned down if you don’t ask. He said no… okay, and? We go after plan B. Simple as that. There are plenty of more than capable coordinators out there. It was close, but it just didn’t work out. I fully expect to beat them next year anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Doesn't matter now. Staying at Arkansas. At this point we might as well just wait to see what Garrett Riley has to say. Hatcher will be a dud of a hire and Johns is underwhelming at best.
    Better get ready for a dud. Riley will stay at TCU and wait for a nice HC job which is probably not far off for him.

vCash
    Would have been nice to have a professional AD to handle this.

vCash
    I?ll be glad when Sexton retires he?s done nothing but **** MSU over the past decade. He loves him some Ole Miss though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Would have been nice to have a professional AD to handle this.
    That wouldn't have made any difference. All parties agreed on the legal contract and MOU, and then at the last minute one party decides he wants to stay where he is and gets an extension and a raise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    That wouldn't have made any difference. All parties agreed on the legal contract and MOU, and then at the last minute one party decides he wants to stay where he is and gets an extension and a raise.
    The very last minute

vCash
    It's a Memorandum of Understanding - Spells out what you both agree on and both parties sign it.
    I was told it's a Letter of Understanding. Same thing in the end and same outcome. Hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I?ll be glad when Sexton retires he?s done nothing but **** MSU over the past decade. He loves him some Ole Miss though
    Now who is the next OC we are interested in that Sexton is representing? LOL He loves OM's money.

vCash
    Yeah I'm sure that's very self-soothing

vCash
    You never want someone who doesn’t really want you.

vCash
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm. He put the screws to OM just over a month ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I was told it's a Letter of Understanding. Same thing in the end and same outcome. Hahaha
    No worries ......I have just had to deal with MOU's over the years. *sighsss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    LOL, you think the OC at a P5 team PLAYING IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP is going to come to State? WHY WOULD HE DO THAT? Money? TCU isn't poor. They are private so we don't have data, but they paid Patterson 7+M and survived many poaching attempts. Riley's next stop is HC. He's not leaving a palce with the national spotlights where he's got it rolling to do a rebuilt here
    Did you read what I said? "You might as well swing big. Doesn't really matter if you miss." I understand there's an almost 0% chance. But offer him 2 mil + and make him say no. It's an easy conversation. There's no harm in it. We have Hatcher or Johns in our back pocket that we can always go to once we've struck out on good candidates. Let's don't do the easy thing for once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    We have guys coming in tomorrow.we need an OC by tomorrow. This is so damn typical of MIssissippi State. Drag ass around when the door is wide open for success!
    Dang man. We had a death of coach, a class to keep together, and a bowl game to win. It hasn?t been that much time and I?m sure Arnett has had a ton his plate. I?m sure he?s working like hell on it right now too. I wouldn?t associate ?drag ass? and Arnett. If Briles took less money to stay at AR, we got played. But you got to play ball to hit a home run and that includes having to deal with Sexton

vCash
    I blame Briles. He has to turn us down. Not Sexton

vCash
    Typical the way it played out for us State fans.

The ice cream melted while we were waiting for the scoop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RisperDawg View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm. He put the screws to OM just over a month ago.
    He will take anyone’s money but he will never…I repeat…never work well with MSU. Dudes a Tennessee grad and loves his Manning boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Typical the way it played out for us State fans.

The ice cream melted while we were waiting for the scoop.
    Ordered a triple scoop and didn’t get crap!!! Ha ha