Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeline and Offer

vCash

Timeline and Offer

So I?m assuming news will break today either way? I?ve heard we?ve put north of $2mil per year in front of Briles. Did we give him till today to make a decision? Recruits coming this weekend. Still no AD. A lot of rumors and assumptions.

Hard to recruit these offensive guys with no OC in place.

vCash
    I'm wondering who the fall back is. Think if he turns it down, we still have an OC by Friday?

vCash
    Good question and I?d doubt we would.

vCash
    I think Arkansas has told him to wait and hear out their counter offer. It also could be Briles is having a discussion with his family. A lot of Ark posters were saying his wife and kids are really happy there. And maybe there's a talk with some of the offensive coaches b/c he's going to be bringing some of them with him if he chooses to leave. And of course he could be taking stock of various offensive players that are talking to him on the down low about transferring to State to play for him.

And it could be all total bullshit just to get Arkansas to break $2m just to keep him.

vCash
    We need to get the AD position filled but I don't see that is as pressing as the recruits this weekend knowing who is our new OC and being able to talk with him even if it has to be on a zoom call. Word was that MSU should know something one way or another sometimes today. I saw on another board where an ARK poster said when Miami was interested in KB, that they offered him $2 million. Johns, the Duke OC, may possibly be another option if this doesn't go through.

vCash
    True but the one thing that we have on Arkansas is that they are in a Moorhead situation. Some of the staff see they could possibly looking for a job this time next year.
    He may like Fayetteville but Howland liked the west coast. When you are bringing that kind of money in, you look at living where you want in the off season and retirement

vCash
    I just hope ZA doesn't get caught flat footed on this. Until KB accepts, assume he won't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think Arkansas has told him to wait and hear out their counter offer. It also could be Briles is having a discussion with his family. A lot of Ark posters were saying his wife and kids are really happy there. And maybe there's a talk with some of the offensive coaches b/c he's going to be bringing some of them with him if he chooses to leave. And of course he could be taking stock of various offensive players that are talking to him on the down low about transferring to State to play for him.

And it could be all total bullshit just to get Arkansas to break $2m just to keep him.

Sexton is his agent. So who knows. Some ARK people said he was happy there and he was the HC in waiting. Time will tell, I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    True but the one thing that we have on Arkansas is that they are in a Moorhead situation. Some of the staff see they could possibly looking for a job this time next year.
    He may like Fayetteville but Howland liked the west coast. When you are bringing that kind of money in, you look at living where you want in the off season and retirement
    Another positive thing here is KB will have complete control of the offense. I don't think that's the case up there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I just hope ZA doesn't get caught flat footed on this. Until KB accepts, assume he won't.
    Yep. AR sounds like they in a Kiffen situation, unless the rumor he reached out to us is true. If he reached out to us, I feel it’s a done deal and just working out the details.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    We need to get the AD position filled but I don't see that is as pressing as the recruits this weekend knowing who is our new OC and being able to talk with him even if it has to be on a zoom call. Word was that MSU should know something one way or another sometimes today. I saw on another board where an ARK poster said when Miami was interested in KB, that they offered him $2 million. Johns, the Duke OC, may possibly be another option if this doesn't go through.
    https://goduke.com/staff-directory/kevin-johns/893

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Sexton is his agent. So who knows. Some ARK people said he was happy there and he was the HC in waiting. Time will tell, I guess.
    I'm thrilled with my job, until someone offers me an extra million to do a different one....then I'm even happier with my new job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Damn, that's a solid resume. He coaches some stout offenses at some schools that had no business having offenses ranked that high. Impressive.

vCash
    First I've heard of him reaching out to us. That changes things a bit in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Damn, that's a solid resume. He coaches some stout offenses at some schools that had no business having offenses ranked that high. Impressive.
    Yeah. Seems he’s had a good offense everywhere he’s been OC. Could be a solid back up plan I guess.

vCash
    Johns uses a mobile qb and te. Duke's leading rusher was their qb this season

ETA... their qb is from fairhope, al. He's a soph, and he was #29 nationally in QBR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    First I've heard of him reaching out to us. That changes things a bit in my opinion.
    It was mentioned on here. Not saying it’s true. You know how rumors are. Either he is seeing a sinking ship and reaching out, or he is happy(like some pigs say) and we are making a bold move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Yep. AR sounds like they in a Kiffen situation, unless the rumor he reached out to us is true. If he reached out to us, I feel it’s a done deal and just working out the details.
    Yep, the he reached out to us rumor was from a 247 mod, IIRC. So I wouldn't necessarily take it with a grain of salt. We could be very well working out details like who's coming with him from Ark and their salaries.

vCash
    Tick Tock

vCash
    2 million would put him up there with Monken as far as highest paid coordinator.