Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Locke enters portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I mean Will has scrambled into 50 rushes this year and 65 last year, a couple of designed runs might be a relief. Haha.
    How many of the 50/65 were sacks? They count as rushes.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    How many yards did each lose on sacks?
    I don't know but it was a good bit. Blackman at FSU took a good number of sacks.

ETA. We allowed 26 sacks this year and 30 last year
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-04-2023 at 09:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don't know but it was a good bit. Blackman at FSU took a good number of sacks.

ETA. We allowed 26 sacks this year and 30 last year
    Leach said many times that the OL is the most important position group on the team. I think he had us going in the right direction with the guys he had in the pipeline.

Interesting that Leach faced Art Briles at Baylor twice in 2008 and 2009. His Air Raid beat the the Veer and Shoot both times. In 2008, Leach's offense rushed for 56 yards vs 229 yards for Baylor. In 2009, it was more even at about 100 yards a piece.

I wish Leach would have had more time to get it going at MSU. I would also have liked to have seen what Braden Locke could have done in the offense.
    Last edited by TorpedoIPA; 01-04-2023 at 12:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post
    Leach said many times that the OL is the most important position group on the team. I think he had us going in the right direction with the guys he had in the pipeline.

Interesting that Leach faced Art Briles at Baylor twice in 2008 and 2009. His Air Raid beat the the Veer and Shoot both times. In 2008, Leach's offense rushed for 56 yards vs 229 yards for Baylor. In 2009, it was more even at about 100 yards a piece.

I wish Leach would have had more time to get it going at MSU. I would also have liked to have seen what Braden Locke could have done in the offense.
    He did.

To be fair those 2008 and 2009 games were Briles first 2 years at Baylor (4-8 each year) and they hadn't had a winning season in 12 years prior. Mike had 8 years at TT.

vCash
    Robertson enters portal too. So we have lost 3 QBs. Two of which were recruited by Hollingshead. Hope Parson doesn?t decide to get out of His NLI since Hollingshead was his lead recruiter.

This is what I was afraid of losing Hollingshead. You have a guy who is a top 35 under 35 and is highly thought of as a up and comer but hey we got the Mississippi State kid back who has never been put on one of these list before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Robertson enters portal too. So we have lost 3 QBs. Two of which were recruited by Hollingshead. Hope Parson doesn?t decide to get out of His NLI since Hollingshead was his lead recruiter.

This is what I was afraid of losing Hollingshead. You have a guy who is a top 35 under 35 and is highly thought of as a up and comer but hey we got the Mississippi State kid back who has never been put on one of these list before.
    i wish we could land a portal QB with 4 years of eligibility even if it is just to have a body at this point.

I was making fun of the bears for not having a backup QB, and now we are close to having a HS kid as our primary backup. Probably the new reality, but it would be nice to land someone for depth.

vCash
    Once you have an established qb, you won't keep players after freshman year. Good news is there are crap loads of players doing this at every school, so we can find depth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Recent news of the most talented QB room in our history seems to have been greatly exaggerated as none could seem to even challenge Will with his issues.
    BINGO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    BINGO
    Or maybe the guy we have is pretty good? Despite what these slapdicks think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Or maybe the guy we have is pretty good? Despite what these slapdicks think?
    Or maybe he?s just another average at best qb that can throw 10 yard or less slants, curls, check down to rbs, and has lead for feet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Or maybe he?s just another average at best qb that can throw 10 yard or less slants, curls, check down to rbs, and has lead for feet!
    Idk lets check his record and stats and find out. Especially compared to our list of QBs in our history

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Idk lets check his record and stats and find out. Especially compared to our list of QBs in our history
    Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl and Dan Marino didn't.