Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tenn game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I have to give a shot out to Tyler Stevenson though, he is the only one who came to play today. He deserved to start tonight. He's got a good mid range shot that people don't use much anymore
    Give him a chance to start, but these points are in garbage time against TN subs with the game far out of hand. I know, it's when I got most of my points in HS!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Stevenson needs to play. DJ needs to come off bench.

Jans hasn't found the right chemistry of who needs to play yet but Stevenson has earned some PT.
    May be hard to find the right chemistry with so many missing elements.******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That’s because we are back to Rick Ray talent. Jans is clearly a better coach because he has a defensive structure that can sometimes throw better teams like Marquette off their game, but with top 10 teams we need more talent to win.
    We're bringing in 4 more guys that are poorly ranked

vCash
    Largest margin of victory by TN in history of series that started in 1924 (according to the announcer). B-A-D. Just in time for me to watch "Oak Island". Have watched every episode. They will find gold before we find shooters!*****
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 01-03-2023 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Largest TN victory margin against State ever in the series starting in 1924.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We're bringing in 4 more guys that are poorly ranked
    Yea thats the scary part. Jans hasn't been good at all on the recruiting trail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Jans has been great this year, but this performance is unacceptable. He needs to do much, much, much better Saturday at home against OM. If he loses that one, this season is over

vCash
    Started 11-0, our "We Believe Year" in basketball?

vCash
    If we don’t win Saturday we are staring down a Rick Ray 3-15 SEC record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Jans has been great this year, but this performance is unacceptable. He needs to do much, much, much better Saturday at home against OM. If he loses that one, this season is over
    Not bashing Jans but I haven't seen any adjustments with the flow of our offense, it's alot of one on one and bad shot taking. I wouldn't call what I've seen the past 5 games great. But he did have us looking good to start the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    That is really bad. We thought we had something, playing good defense, and playing not very good teams at first. Problem is, we're not a very good shooting team, and you are not going to beat good teams when you can't make shots.
    Last edited by NCDawg; 01-03-2023 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    Offensively we haven?t been good from the start. Not going to lie, I was a little worried when we hired Jan?s because I watched his NMSU teams struggle badly on the offensive end. They had that one really good guard whose name escapes me that bailed them out so many times on offense. It?s really hard for me to comprehend how bad we are offensively, I?m not joking when I say I feel like we could find 4 or 5 guys from the Sanderson that can shoot better than us

vCash
    Love our Dawgs. When does baseball begin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Yea thats the scary part. Jans hasn't been good at all on the recruiting trail
    Until he proves otherwise, color me skeptical that he will ever be good in that regard. His brand of basketball is not going to be popular with kids that want to romp up and down the floor. His teams win ugly. That's not appealing to most recruits.

vCash
    Jans is gonna have to find some shooters that 100 something other teams have missed on. I'd hate to be in his shoes trying to fix this lemon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Until he proves otherwise, color me skeptical that he will ever be good in that regard. His brand of basketball is not going to be popular with kids that want to romp up and down the floor. His teams win ugly. That's not appealing to most recruits.
    Tony Bennett makes it work so I’m not counting it out. Ole Miss is having the same issues with Bama tonight on the road like we had at Tenn. my hopes of making the NCAA have disappeared because I no longer think we win @UGA or @Mizzou but hopefully in a year or two if he can just get a bit better offensive talent we can get to the tournament and make a run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Offensively we haven?t been good from the start. Not going to lie, I was a little worried when we hired Jan?s because I watched his NMSU teams struggle badly on the offensive end. They had that one really good guard whose name escapes me that bailed them out so many times on offense. It?s really hard for me to comprehend how bad we are offensively, I?m not joking when I say I feel like we could find 4 or 5 guys from the Sanderson that can shoot better than us
    Agree, good post. I had the exact same concerns and voiced them plenty of times. The player your talking about who won them alot of games was Teddy Allen, averaged 19.6 ppg.. he was a good perimeter scorer. We don't have anything close to that on the perimeter. This season may get really ugly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    I was the same way and even mentioned it when we hired him that I felt it was the wrong path to go. He?s a defensive minded coach that wins with an ugly style. I?ve followed him for a while now and his teams have always been this way.

That?s why I preferred one of the SoCon coaches who play uptempo and run an offense with multiple shooters.

I still think he can do well here but he?s going to have to find at least 2 superstar players that can take over games to go along with role players who have high IQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    True, he won alot of ugly tough nosed games at NMSU, but in the SEC your not winning alot of games that way, you have to have guys who not only can play defense and be athletic, but can go score the ball efficiently. We don't have anything close to that right now other than Tolu but he gets doubled and triple teamed every play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    I was the same way and even mentioned it when we hired him that I felt it was the wrong path to go. He?s a defensive minded coach that wins with an ugly style. I?ve followed him for a while now and his teams have always been this way.

That?s why I preferred one of the SoCon coaches who play uptempo and run an offense with multiple shooters.

I still think he can do well here but he?s going to have to find at least 2 superstar players that can take over games to go along with role players who have high IQ
    You may be right, but as you mentioned he's got to go find some pure scorers ASAP if he plans to compete in the SEC. The tough nosed mid major talent players won't work here