Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tenn game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Agree, good post. I had the exact same concerns and voiced them plenty of times. The player your talking about who won them alot of games was Teddy Allen, averaged 19.6 ppg.. he was a good perimeter scorer. We don't have anything close to that on the perimeter. This season may get really ugly
    So, no refilling the Hump in sight for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    So, no refilling the Hump in sight for a while.
    Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. I saw someone post something similar on Twitter. I hope the Hump can stay rocking, they still deserve our support, but tonight was really tough to watch

vCash
    We lost tonight by 34 points... the last time we lost a game by 30 or more points was in 2012. Rick Ray's 1st year as a Head Coach.

We were ready for Howland to go (it was time) but I can't name one Howland team that looked this bad offensively.

vCash
    Ok, this was ugly, but we have a winnable game Saturday. Bounce back, dawgs

vCash
    Howland could recruit talent, but he couldn't get them anywhere. I have my doubts that Jan's can recruit well enough to compete in the SEC. That was a big concern I had with this hire. That and his style of play is not really modern. These days, it's more about offense than ugly defensive battles.

vCash
    OM shot 2 of 24 from 3 against bama. Better have some welders from the Hump renovation on standby to possibly repair rims in-game Saturday with that and our shooting ability.**** Surely we can "bounce back" and beat them or long year in sight. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 01-04-2023 at 01:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Howland could recruit talent, but he couldn't get them anywhere. I have my doubts that Jan's can recruit well enough to compete in the SEC. That was a big concern I had with this hire. That and his style of play is not really modern. These days, it's more about offense than ugly defensive battles.
    I agree with that, Howland could recruit his butt off but he never got us anywhere. That being said, at the end of the day you have to go get talented players to have a chance. Being a defensive team will only get you so far

vCash
    we don't have SEC quality guards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    we don't have SEC quality guards.
    This is defintely part of the problem.. Eric Reed, Jamel Horton and even Deshawn Davis just aren't very good. Shak Moore is the best we have and he's even playing down this year also. You win College basketball games with your gaurds, everything starts with them.

vCash
    Shades of Rick Ray......hope this doesn't stick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I agree with that, Howland could recruit his butt off but he never got us anywhere. That being said, at the end of the day you have to go get talented players to have a chance. Being a defensive team will only get you so far
    Stans said years ago when the shot clock was reduced to 30 seconds that recruiting would change from a "basketball talent" to getting the "best athletes" and then coach them up to a basketball mentality.