Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back at the hotel from the game this is for all you loser fans who

vCash

Just back at the hotel from the game this is for all you loser fans who

predicted a 6 or 7 win season 17 u. there were a few of us that said 9-10 wins kudos to all of these. i am headed to Garrison Tavern to get royally wasted. C34 you won your parlay and i am up big on this year. HAIL MIKE LEACH AND HAIL STATE!

vCash
    I predicted 9 wins pre season

It?s an amazing coaching job by Arnette.

Absolutely love our head coach

Shoutout to Mike leach for doing as much as he did with will rogers

RIP Pirate you will be remembered forever

vCash
    I and 34 predicted 10 win season. Gonna predict the same next year also. Thats 10 reg season wins.

vCash
    Never could tell how the crowd was. I assume in our favor. How many State fans do you estimate were there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Never could tell how the crowd was. I assume in our favor. How many State fans do you estimate were there?
    More than LSU had at the Citrus> That stadium was empty/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Bells were sure evident on tv.

vCash
    The Illini forum said that they thought they outnumbered us in terms of sheer numbers and were disappointed at the lack of cheering from their crowd.

vCash
    It felt like we were outnumbered walking through the concourses. The cowbells, passion and beer made the difference though. Hail State!

vCash
    Yea I was there too. They had more than us for sure but we were definitely louder.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    It felt like we were outnumbered walking through the concourses. The cowbells, passion and beer made the difference though. Hail State!
    BEER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I and 34 predicted 10 win season. Gonna predict the same next year also. Thats 10 reg season wins.
    Easyyyy- I said this was Leach's chance at 10. We blew the game at LSU- who 100% ended up being better than I thought they would- and cost us. Then the Kentucky debacle. People try to excuse that but its bullshit that we lost to Kentucky- that was a fail on our part starting with Leach and ending with fans that never attend games. Kentucky fail goes on every Bulldog.

But 9-4 is a really good year and what should have been expected with what we had returning. We didnt overachieve. We led the SEC in returning starters. Without the Kentucky debacle we finish 10-3 and its an amazing season instead of a really good season.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    The Illini forum said that they thought they outnumbered us in terms of sheer numbers and were disappointed at the lack of cheering from their crowd.
    I would say that we were outnumbered 3-2 in numbers. The only real noise they made was the horn section of their band when we were on their side of the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHSDawg View Post
    The only real noise they made was the horn section of their band when we were on their side of the field.
    I had to laugh at the "Rest your bell" messages on the jumbotron as their band was going full bore as we were over the ball and ready to snap. I recall Arizona doing the same thing with their PA system and piped-in noise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I had to laugh at the "Rest your bell" messages on the jumbotron as their band was going full bore as we were over the ball and ready to snap. I recall Arizona doing the same thing with their PA system and piped-in noise.
    Rest your bell cracked us up. I could see it if they put it up when the center had the ball, but not with them trying to get plays in.

vCash
    The Illini sitting by me were surprised at the hail state in unison after each first down. They were much more laid back than our fans. They weren't prepared for hell's bells either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I got a feeling the bells are about to become an issue at the sec meetings or just in general.

One, "rest your bell" got a little sloppy by us over the season.
    Two: almost every fan has a bell at home games. They have become incredibly loud with new manufacturers and metals.
    Three: Bracky sent out a message before the bowl game as reminder. Hint hint, people are watching.
    Four, it was Auburn or Arkansas band that played their horns as we were over center on the south end of the field.
    Lastly, a number of Georgia fans bought cowbells and rang them with no regard to rest your bell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I got a feeling the bells are about to become an issue at the sec meetings or just in general.

One, "rest your bell" got a little sloppy by us over the season.
    Two: almost every fan has a bell at home games. They have become incredibly loud with new manufacturers and metals.
    Three: Bracky sent out a message before the bowl game as reminder. Hint hint, people are watching.
    Four, it was Auburn or Arkansas band that played their horns as we were over center on the south end of the field.
    Lastly, a number of Georgia fans bought cowbells and rang them with no regard to rest your bell.
    The more we consistently win, the more cowbells will again be a problem to the "big boys". See AU and Shug Jordan in 1977. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    The more we consistently win, the more cowbells will again be a problem to the "big boys". See AU and Shug Jordan in 1977. Hail State!
    Funny how the cowbells only become a "problem" when we're winning. When we sucked everyone just considered them a "quaint" tradition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Funny how the cowbells only become a "problem" when we're winning. When we sucked everyone just considered them a "quaint" tradition.
    I watched the OM game again a few weeks ago. We may not have been a perfect stop ringing before the center gets over the ball, but very close. You could distinctly hear the transition from ringing to a very loud "woo" chant. A few of our fans will always break the rule. Most of our opponents don't even know the rule and that will be a big problem as we continue to get better. Hail the Bell!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I watched the OM game again a few weeks ago. We may not have been a perfect stop ringing before the center gets over the ball, but very close. !
    What game?

Also it isn't so much us as it is other teams turning the tables. Bands playing with us over center, opponents bringing cowbells and ignoring the rest your bell.