Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You do know Purdue scored 31 on them and just got humiliated by LSU.

Don't curse at me when you can't read numbskull. I said exactly that it was our team that got 9 wins this season. But nobody can honestly say that Will is the reason we won 9 and not be lying. It was our team, our defense and special teams that got us to 9. Not Will and the offense solely. And BTW, if Will doesn't throw the pick in the end zone early in the game, we wouldn't have needed a 4th down TD. Good for him but he and the offense were the reason that for 3 quarters we were sucking hind tit. No to mention the other pick. The defense and special teams was 85% of the reason we won yesterday. But my original post was mainly about the team on all sides have to be giving equal credit at a min. My statement on yesterdays game was a perfect example of how the season played out in general as a whole. Defense and special teams carried us more so than the offense.
    you do know Purdue only had a few Coaches left and had to bring in Drew to help. they were a team in disarray. if you think our offense didn't play a big part in the win-then your football IQ is pretty low.We drove for the win with under 2 minutes left. For sure in the first half -Will played pretty awful--but He played well and was clutch in the second half. Ok defense -won the game--but it was the offense that took control with under 2 minutes and scored ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    you do know Purdue only had a few Coaches left and had to bring in Drew to help. they were a team in disarray. if you think our offense didn't play a big part in the win-then your football IQ is pretty low.We drove for the win with under 2 minutes left. For sure in the first half -Will played pretty awful--but He played well and was clutch in the second half. Ok defense -won the game--but it was the offense that took control with under 2 minutes and scored ...
    Again and for the last time, the post I responded to alluded that it was Will's ability that won us 9 games this season. That is not an accurate statement. Nobody can honestly state that we won 9 games on our QB's shoulders this season. I love Will but I can be objective about how we won our games this year and how each portion of the team did to achieve that.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Anyone taking up for Will Rogers on the field play this year is quite frankly football illiterate. Our defense has carried this team all year. We won in spite of our quarterback against Illinois, Auburn, and Ole Miss. We are above average quarterback play away from being a really really good football team. It is obvious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Anyone taking up for Will Rogers on the field play this year is quite frankly football illiterate. Our defense has carried this team all year. We won in spite of our quarterback against Illinois, Auburn, and Ole Miss. We are above average quarterback play away from being a really really good football team. It is obvious.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Don't forget to bring his 10,000 yards of passing yards to his table of skills. Just saying.
    With an average of like 5 yards per attempt. As many attempts as he has had, against 14 or so non-conference games and the 20 or so conference games, he should have 15k yards by now.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Bingo. That is 100% correct. It is also unfortunate because Will is a great bulldog, but being a great bulldog doesn’t make it inaccurate.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    With an average of like 5 yards per attempt. As many attempts as he has had, against 14 or so non-conference games and the 20 or so conference games, he should have 15k yards by now.
    I get your point and know you were just throwing out a number but it is a little better. 6.5 this season and 6.9 last year for yards per attempt.

vCash
    To me the worst stat in football is yards per attempt. It?s just stupid. In basketball do we consider the average score for a player based on attempts or made field goals?

You cannot hold every single attempted but incomplete pass against the QB. There is a player on each end of that equation. Same with interceptions. I think a catchable ball that a receiver mishandled that ends up in a defenders hands should be called a fumble, not an interception. But I also think Santa lives in Antarctica, so what do I know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    To me the worst stat in football is yards per attempt. It?s just stupid. In basketball do we consider the average score for a player based on attempts or made field goals?

You cannot hold every single attempted but incomplete pass against the QB. There is a player on each end of that equation. Same with interceptions. I think a catchable ball that a receiver mishandled that ends up in a defenders hands should be called a fumble, not an interception. But I also think Santa lives in Antarctica, so what do I know.
    Huh? Yards per attempt is way more important than simply yards, just as FG% is way more important than simply points.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post

Holy shit this is stupid. Like.... unbelievable dumb.

Basketball uses True Shooting % to weight 2/3 points against people and definitely looks at usage rate. 30 points on 30 shots is considered inefficient and not as impressive as 25 points on 15 shots.

You literally used one of the biggest changes to modern basketball understanding to make the opposite point you're trying to make. Like wow.

vCash
    Will has terrible footwork which impacts everything he's trying to do. Honestly, if that were to improve he could be a legitimate and respectable SEC quarterback. It's obvious from watching and listening to Leach's philosophy that wasn't important.

vCash
    Since the Kentucky game (and excluding the ETSU game) Will's game averages:

30/48
    259 yards
    1.3 tds
    .8 ints
    2.5 sacks
    5.4 ypa

Yuck. Something changed in that Kentucky game for him and his gameplay the rest of the season.

He was 8th in total qbr. His 6.5 YPA was .1 away from being DFL in SEC. He threw for the most yards in the sec, beating out Stetson Bennett by 151 yards - Stetson attempted 181 fewer passes than Will.

Objectively, Will wasn't good this year. We won the egg bowl and bowl game despite him. I'm tired of everyone treating him with kid gloves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Will has terrible footwork which impacts everything he's trying to do. Honestly, if that were to improve he could be a legitimate and respectable SEC quarterback. It's obvious from watching and listening to Leach's philosophy that wasn't important.
    He throws flat footed, a lot

vCash
    Will's stats in sec play vs OOC

SEC: 240/382 (63%)
    14 td/4 int and 6 fumbles
    2240 yds
    280 ypg
    5.9 ypa
    59.6 QBR or 123 RTG (whichever you prefer)

OOC: 175/228 (77%)
    21 td/4 int and 2 fumbles
    1734 yds
    346.8 ypg
    7.6 ypa
    70.8 QBR or 167.6 RTG

On average if he played a full SEC schedule his stats would be
    :
    390/621 (63%)
    23 td/7 int and 10 fumbles
    3640 yds
    same ypg, ypa, QBR and RTG as SEC above

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He throws flat footed, a lot
    Hmmm, I'm not buying he has bad foot work, many times he is getting rid of the ball and there isn't much to do with foot work as it is squaring up and touch. If you never played QB then you shouldn't discuss fundamentals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not buying he has bad foot work, many times he is getting rid of the ball and there isn't much to do with foot work as it is squaring up and touch. If you never played QB then you shouldn't discuss fundamentals.
    Lol, wut... Andy Reid never played qb either

Just watch his feet in the bowl game. He throws the ball with both feet planted a lot.

vCash
    I wish there was somewhere I could get his statistics for throwing while on the run. I know that would be eye opening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol, wut... Andy Reid never played qb either

Just watch his feet in the bowl game. He throws the ball with both feet planted a lot.
    Never heard Andy Reid discuss footwork with QB's either, he has a QB Coach. Flat footed may be on certain throws but Rogers doesn't have bad foot work overall. Mecanicas isn't always the same with every QB, same with a baseball pitcher or even a shooter in basketball. You can tweet fundamentals but it's not the same for everyone. Hell look at golf for another example. Arnold Palmer swing was weird!

vCash
    Never heard Andy Reid discuss footwork with QB's either, he has a QB Coach. Flat footed may be on certain throws but Rogers doesn't have bad foot work overall. Mecanicas isn't always the same with every QB, same with a baseball pitcher or even a shooter in basketball. You can tweet fundamentals but it's not the same for everyone. Hell look at golf for another example. Arnold Palmer swing was weird!
    I said he throws flat footed a lot, and that's what you quoted me on. That's all I said. He does, and that's a fact

ETA... Reid is/was a qb coach. Leach didn't play football qb either.
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-05-2023 at 10:54 AM.

vCash
    He's got bad footwork. Many times, he just stops his feet all together and then delivers a throw.