Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Win 6 games? He's the QB until someone proves they can execute at a higher level, which is going to be hard to do.

"Welcome to Mississippi State where the backup QB is always better than the starter."
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I think Will is the best QB on our roster.

If we want our QB next year to be a running threat, I think it would be smart to look to the portal for a running threat QB.

If we don't land one, then I think our offense needs to be more tailored to avoid QB runs and be similar to the CML offense, but need improved play from Will, but I think he is the guy.

I would think this is the consensus of most rational fans about Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If we land Briles you'll probably get that wish. And probably that stud TE they have too. He's got a year left, IIRC. It would be huge to have experienced players from this offense helping teach it.
    Arnett comes across as someone who expects players to be tough and players to seize their opportunities and make plays. Nothing would upset a coach more than watching Will not being able to run, or sliding way early, or fumbling when he gets hit. (or that stupid flop thing Will did when he got nudged). I'm sure Arnett is ready to give Will some good competition and see who steps up. That has been one glaring weakness at MSU...lack of QB competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I think Will is the best QB on our roster.

If we want our QB next year to be a running threat, I think it would be smart to look to the portal for a running threat QB.

If we don't land one, then I think our offense needs to be more tailored to avoid QB runs and be similar to the CML offense, but need improved play from Will, but I think he is the guy.

I would think this is the consensus of most rational fans about Will.
    Agree. I'm hopeful he gets to finish out his Sr season with his team and finishes top 3-4 all time in passing. Seems like everyone would be hoping for that, but apparently a 9-win record breaking QB just ain't enough for Miss State fans anymore.

vCash
    Agree. I'm hopeful he gets to finish out his Sr season with his team and finishes top 3-4 all time in passing. Seems like everyone would be hoping for that, but apparently a 9-win record breaking QB just ain't enough for Miss State fans anymore.
    To be fair, at least two of those wins the defense gets the lion share of the credit and we won those games despite the offense/Will's shortcomings.

I think what most MSU fans feel is that we could have another really good defense next year, that is very senior laden and that we have window to get some stuff done next year, and if the offense really improves, we could win 10 games and get to a NY6 bowl.

It just comes down to whether our offense can improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I disagree completely that Will and the offense won 9 games. This year was a team win if there ever was one. The defense and special teams (besides FG kickers) has to get as much or more credit. Heck we just won our 9th game scoring 13 points on offense. It's was a great team effort that got us 9 wins and if our defense was at the offense level, we are fighting for a bowl game.
    you do know that Michigan only scored 19 on Ill. i believe it was Will and the offense that scored on 4th down. Also Will and the offense that made the drive in the 4th quarter for the go-ahead FG. Come on with your bullshit--really Clark. our 9 wins were a result of team play--All 3 had their ups and downs this year. Will was the QB that led us to 9 wins---you can justify the wins however you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    you do know that Michigan only scored 19 on Ill. i believe it was Will and the offense that scored on 4th down. Also Will and the offense that made the drive in the 4th quarter for the go-ahead FG. Come on with your bullshit--really Clark. our 9 wins were a result of team play--All 3 had their ups and downs this year. Will was the QB that led us to 9 wins---you can justify the wins however you want.
    You do know Purdue scored 31 on them and just got humiliated by LSU.

Don't curse at me when you can't read numbskull. I said exactly that it was our team that got 9 wins this season. But nobody can honestly say that Will is the reason we won 9 and not be lying. It was our team, our defense and special teams that got us to 9. Not Will and the offense solely. And BTW, if Will doesn't throw the pick in the end zone early in the game, we wouldn't have needed a 4th down TD. Good for him but he and the offense were the reason that for 3 quarters we were sucking hind tit. No to mention the other pick. The defense and special teams was 85% of the reason we won yesterday. But my original post was mainly about the team on all sides have to be giving equal credit at a min. My statement on yesterdays game was a perfect example of how the season played out in general as a whole. Defense and special teams carried us more so than the offense.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-03-2023 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    Too soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    .......is a great young man and representative of Our State!!!!

That's all I have to say today.
    Congrats young man.
    Totally agree. He can't run very well, but he is a very accurate passer. Leach recognized this and tried to recruit him when he was at WSU.

vCash
    Win 6 games? He's the QB until someone proves they can execute at a higher level, which is going to be hard to do.

"Welcome to Mississippi State where the backup QB is always better than the starter."
    I never said anything about a backup. Will is the best QB on our team right now. I think he limits us and we could find someone better. Doesn't mean we will.

Not sure why you came up with 6 games or where that came from. Our defense alone sets the floor at 6 wins.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Will win 4 games. The nonconference games.
    I just don?t understand how we can compete with Bama, if our qb cannot make the defense get 15 yards off the ball.

Go back and watch our last 6 games and just see how the defense plays us. WRs couldn?t even keep running their routes. They all had to sit down inside 15-20 yards from scrimmage and wait on the ball pretty much 75% of the throws. Now go watch good offenses with players running 20 yard out routes and 40 yard post routes and getting hit in stride.

No one can beat Bama when Bama only has to guard 15-20 yards down field. They tackle immediately and wait for a busted route or other slight miscue. Not to mention, 14 play drives doesn?t happen and result in TDs consistently against anyone in the sec with a pulse on defense.

I love Will, but man he has to look down field and deliver. He has 9 months to get some serious arm strength. Which we all know, you either have it or you don?t from a early age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Will win 4 games. The nonconference games.
    I just don?t understand how we can compete with Bama, if our qb cannot make the defense get 15 yards off the ball.

Go back and watch our last 6 games and just see how the defense plays us. WRs couldn?t even keep running their routes. They all had to sit down inside 15-20 yards from scrimmage and wait on the ball pretty much 75% of the throws. Now go watch good offenses with players running 20 yard out routes and 40 yard post routes and getting hit in stride.

No one can beat Bama when Bama only has to guard 15-20 yards down field. They tackle immediately and wait for a busted route or other slight miscue. Not to mention, 14 play drives doesn?t happen and result in TDs consistently against anyone in the sec with a pulse on defense.

I love Will, but man he has to look down field and deliver. He has 9 months to get some serious arm strength. Which we all know, you either have it or you don?t from a early age.
    He hit Tulu in stride on Monday. I don't know the depth of target but it seemed at least +15 yards. Catch wasn't made as it was well defended, but again, it hit him in the hands in stride. He seldom attempts these throws though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'd take KJ Jefferson in a heartbeat and wouldn't think twice.
    I know a lot of people will disagree, but I'd stick with Rogers.

vCash
    Will will be our QB next year. A good OC can do a lot with Will Rogers at the helm. Parson takes over in 2024 running an even more effective offense.

vCash
    Will will be our QB next year. A good OC can do a lot with Will Rogers at the helm. Parson takes over in 2024 running an even more effective offense.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Both can be true. Will Rogers is gritty, a great teammate, a smart player, and a great representative of MSU.

Will Rogers has maxed his ability, cannot move in or out of the pocket, has below average arm strength, and limits offensive possibilities.
    Don't forget to bring his 10,000 yards of passing yards to his table of skills. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Biscardi had big clutch kicks, yesterday, against auburn and om. He had multiple game winning fgs when he was at Coastal. His problem was always extra points, strange i know.
    It's the darndest thing ever. Which is why Will had to run 7 yards to the 10 so we wouldn't be too close! Gotta love kickers.

vCash
    I don't know why people think that he won't be here in 2024. He isn't a threat to leave for the NFL, and I think he would want to set the all time passing yard mark since he gets to take advantage of the covid year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's the darndest thing ever. Which is why Will had to run 7 yards to the 10 so we wouldn't be too close! Gotta love kickers.
    Lol yep! They're like closers in baseball. A flaky group at best!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Lol yep! They're like closers in baseball. A flaky group at best!
    You are being kind calling them flaky. Lol. Different breed for sure.

vCash
    Will is a great human, great ambassador for the school and state, great teammate. What Will is not, he is not a dynamic QB, he doesnt have a arm that makes defenses stay up at night, he doesnt have crazy pocket awareness, he doesn’t want to take the big hit for a big play… etc… some of the aforementioned probably can be argued with good reason. But it doesnt change the fact that he isnt a dynamic QB. His numbers are what they are due to volume of throws. I would love for Will to have the keys next year, I just dont think he will.