Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zavion in portal.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I disagree with all you guys criticizing Rogers so much. I think he's a good QB. We saw what he could do when Polk was playing W/R. He was great against Auburn last year. He can't complete passes if the W/R's don't get separation and get open.
    He literally regressed and can't / won't throw those balls anymore. Go watch tape. He was showing trajectory to be serviceable and then it's like his arm gave out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    All 3 had Will Rogers as their quarterback
    Yeah. And one couldnt get on the field as a WR. One would totally disappear and was lazy added in 3 dropped TDs. And the other one gets all his carrys bc Will Rogers changes the play for him to get it. Get a clue. Bc you dont have much of one. The entire team that has the balls enough to hang around and the coaching staff disagrees with you.

vCash
    Yall would be wise to drop the Rogers hate. Bc the only way he is not going to start is bc he leaves or gets hurt. Thats what happens when you are an established proven starter. Despite how many message board QB coaches who dont know the first thing about the offense or about you feel

vCash
    And just for clarification, this is a Mississippi State message board. And we have people on here literally defending 3 kids who do not want to be here and 2 that left with malicious intent. While we look for ways to blame/attack our coach and 1 kid who loves the school and has gotten destroyed more than a Jap 0 and got back up every time. Just so we are clear

vCash
    All 3 had Will Rogers as their quarterback
    Zing

vCash
    No one is questioning Will Rodger's heart or determination as our starting QB. He isn't terrible, but he isn't what we need to elevate this offense. Could he be worse? Hell yes, we all remember Croomtastic quarterbacks getting doggie fu**ed against LSU, Arkansas, Maine, etc....

But it's not super harsh criticism to see he could be better at his position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    No one is questioning Will Rodger's heart or determination as our starting QB. He isn't terrible, but he isn't what we need to elevate this offense. Could he be worse? Hell yes, we all remember Croomtastic quarterbacks getting doggie fu**ed against LSU, Arkansas, Maine, etc....

But it's not super harsh criticism to see he could be better at his position
    He absolutely could be better. But so could everyone. That is not unique to him. And he is def not the biggest of our problems. If he is, we are in pretty good shape

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He absolutely could be better. But so could everyone. That is not unique to him. And he is def not the biggest of our problems. If he is, we are in pretty good shape
    8-4 is decent. We're ranked. But his arm strength is pretty clearly the limiting factor from unlocking 10+ wins with Leach. Is what it is Buck.

vCash
    8-4 is decent. We're ranked. But his arm strength is pretty clearly the limiting factor from unlocking 10+ wins with Leach. Is what it is Buck.
    No one is perfect, but his OM showing left a lot to be desired. If he really told a former RB ( who was playing banged up and had just run the ball to the pylon) that he was pulling the ball on 1st and inches, faced two D players with no hope of scoring, fumbled at the 1 while reaching out with the ball, and put the game back in jeopardy, I can see how this might have added to RB's unhappiness. JMO.

vCash
    Yall would be wise to drop the Rogers hate. Bc the only way he is not going to start is bc he leaves or gets hurt. Thats what happens when you are an established proven starter. Despite how many message board QB coaches who dont know the first thing about the offense or about you feel
    100%. He will be the QB in 2023 and anybody thinking otherwise is kidding themselves
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    No one is perfect, but his OM showing left a lot to be desired. If he really told a former RB ( who was playing banged up and had just run the ball to the pylon) that he was pulling the ball on 1st and inches, faced two D players with no hope of scoring, fumbled at the 1 while reaching out with the ball, and put the game back in jeopardy, I can see how this might have added to RB's unhappiness. JMO.
    As I recall, he gave it to the RB on 1st down and he was stuffed. I didn't have a problem with Rogers keeping the ball on 2nd down because he thought that would fool them since he very seldom keeps it. Obviously, he shouldn't have reached for the goal and stuck the ball out.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    As I recall, he gave it to the RB on 1st down and he was stuffed. I didn't have a problem with Rogers keeping the ball on 2nd down because he thought that would fool them since he very seldom keeps it. Obviously, he shouldn't have reached for the goal and stuck the ball out.
    I agree with this. His mistake was fumbling the ball. It was actually a shocking play call lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Or twenty other reasons. They haven't been overly strict w that rule.
    Gotcha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    100%. He will be the QB in 2023 and anybody thinking otherwise is kidding themselves
    Yep, and 8 wins is the ceiling for him.

vCash
    You are correct, 2nd down. He should have read the two OM guys on the outside if he was determined to pull the ball before the play even developed and protected the ball. Run it two more times up the middle or off tackle. If it failed, hopefully hit a point blank FG for a 2 score lead and less drama. I know I am Monday morning QBing and the fumble changed the game at that time. Hail State!

vCash
    And just for clarification, this is a Mississippi State message board. And we have people on here literally defending 3 kids who do not want to be here and 2 that left with malicious intent. While we look for ways to blame/attack our coach and 1 kid who loves the school and has gotten destroyed more than a Jap 0 and got back up every time. Just so we are clear
    Most of these kids don't want to be anywhere except where they can make the most money.

vCash
    If Dillion was that selfish then he should go. And he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Most of these kids don't want to be anywhere except where they can make the most money.
    Yep. I wish we could get kids that were all in about MSU that had 4 star ability and Austin Williams work ethic but that's not reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Validates my opinion of playing backups as much as possible to get them game ready is imperative. If Will goes down lets see how well this offense does. HS or college, nothing beats game experience. Anyone arguing that is rolling dice.

vCash
    You are correct, 2nd down. He should have read the two OM guys on the outside if he was determined to pull the ball before the play even developed and protected the ball. Run it two more times up the middle or off tackle. If it failed, hopefully hit a point blank FG for a 2 score lead and less drama. I know I am Monday morning QBing and the fumble changed the game at that time. Hail State!
    I expected us to check to a pass. A little square out or that pick play we run would have probably worked unless it was covered. But they're usually wide open.