Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zavion in portal.

vCash

Zavion in portal.

We are going to go through this every year. Kids with not many offers come here, have a good year, and take first bus outta town to go sit the bench at another bigger school.

vCash
    Encouraged to leave, too soft

Took care of it, guys

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    I have no idea how we're going to replace his 2 receptions for 4 yards & 15 punt returns. Leach is so mean.

vCash
    What sucks is for the Blue Bloods in our conference, they will use US as their MINOR LEAGUE team. They won't offer a scholarship, but they will watch their picks and see how they do at STATE, then bam, they are picked up. It sucks, because what makes college football so fun for YOUR school is when you get great performances out of YOUNG players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    What sucks is for the Blue Bloods in our conference, they will use US as their MINOR LEAGUE team. They won't offer a scholarship, but they will watch their picks and see how they do at STATE, then bam, they are picked up. It sucks, because what makes college football so fun for YOUR school is when you get great performances out of YOUNG players.
    Just think how bad its going to be for the 100 or so FBS programs below MSU. We are going to do the same thing. Shit rolls downhill.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    RaRa and Zavion have talent and a high ceiling and I hate the no rules portal. I think our WR room will be hard to maintain with about 15 in the room and 10 or so with similar talents. No one stepped forward this year but these guys want to play now and want to be targeted with the ball, often and sometime stretching the field. We will continue to see constant transfers at this position unless portal rules change. JMO. Hail State!

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    RaRa and Zavion have talent and a high ceiling and I hate the no rules portal. I think our WR room will be hard to maintain with about 15 in the room and 10 or so with similar talents. No one stepped forward this year but these guys want to play now and want to be targeted with the ball, often and sometime stretching the field. We will continue to see constant transfers at this position unless portal rules change. JMO. Hail State!
    Agreed. We should expect 2-3 or more WR's per year to transfer out due to exactly what you said. None of the ones who've left are irreplaceable. Good players, but not irreplaceable at all. I guess Zavion is a good receiver, he really never touched the field at WR. Hell probably be a good 3rd team guy at LSU. I wish him the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Just think how bad its going to be for the 100 or so FBS programs below MSU. We are going to do the same thing. Shit rolls downhill.
    Our last OL commit was flipped from USM, our last CB, a flip from Pitt. This is HS players. Add in the portal and "You are Definitely Going to need a Program to Know the Players". Now about 4 or so different times per year, 1st Portal Window, 2nd Portal Window, December Signing Day, February Sign Day. This is becoming a non-sustainable joke.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-08-2022 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I have no idea how we're going to replace his 2 receptions for 4 yards & 15 punt returns. Leach is so mean.
    5th nationally in PR.

I'm sure lsu going after all kinds of garbage players though

vCash
    We don?t need 15-18 WRs. We need 10. With 6 doing most of the catches.

#1 with 75-80
    #2 with 60-65
    #3 with 45-50
    #4 with 40-45
    #5 with 35-40
    #6 with 30-35

#1 RB with 60+
    #2 RB with 40
    #3 RB with 15

vCash
    The kid is from new Orleans and lsu is his dream school. Hope he gets a spot there but sucks against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    5th nationally in PR.

I'm sure lsu going after all kinds of garbage players though
    I'll bet you a whole two dollars that he does not end up on scholarship at LSU.

He may walk-on, but I doubt they give him a scholarship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I'll bet you a whole two dollars that he does not end up on scholarship at LSU.

He may walk-on, but I doubt they give him a scholarship.
    $2 a little rich for my blood.

If he left a full ride to walk on, he dumb. I would assume he got some sort of offer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    We don?t need 15-18 WRs. We need 10. With 6 doing most of the catches.

#1 with 75-80
    #2 with 60-65
    #3 with 45-50
    #4 with 40-45
    #5 with 35-40
    #6 with 30-35

#1 RB with 60+
    #2 RB with 40
    #3 RB with 15
    100%. I couldn't even keep up with who was on the field from game to game or even play to play this year. Some of those targets going to top 6 instead of 7-15 or so and you might have a happier WR room, but I am by no means a coach.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-08-2022 at 02:29 PM.

vCash
    I'm sure he's going on scholarship. Whether he gets any legit nil $ is something else. He had an offer from us. Is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The kid is from new Orleans and lsu is his dream school. Hope he gets a spot there but sucks against us.
    They absolute cult which is LSU is wild

There is no other program in the country that has that type of pull in their state like LSU does

It?s like from Birth they are trained to swear allegiance to LSU like a hitler oath or a communist party initiation

vCash
    If you dont think losing RaRa and Zavion hurts us then you are either stupid or lying to yourself. Some of you morons tried to say losing Polk wasnt going to hurt us either and we know that just wasn't true. Lame got more out of Heath than we ever did. Losing talent hurts- period. Other SEC schools are pulling these guys away for a reason and its because they can play.

We may replace them adequately or we may not- but losing talent hurts. We better send someone to check in on Whiskey Pirate. He's probably on suicide watch
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    the same Lame who never realized that a goal line D was being utilized to stop his vaunted offense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    True......We wouldn't even know who he was if LSU had initially offered him unless he got on the field when we played them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If you dont think losing RaRa and Zavion hurts us then you are either stupid or lying to yourself. Some of you morons tried to say losing Polk wasnt going to hurt us either and we know that just wasn't true. Lame got more out of Heath than we ever did. Losing talent hurts- period. Other SEC schools are pulling these guys away for a reason and its because they can play.

We may replace them adequately or we may not- but losing talent hurts. We better send someone to check in on Whiskey Pirate. He's probably on suicide watch
    Gonna be hard to replace all of those drops.**

Heath had more touchdowns his last year at MSU than he did at Ole Miss by the way. Much like the Ole Miss offense- good between the 20's. Not so good when it's time to score.