Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's pump the breaks on all the rumors and innuendos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    And right now, Leach looks to be having the rug pulled out from under him completely and to act otherwise is either ignorance, blind faith, or both.
    Based on what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Based on what?
    He's not going to tell us, because the innuendo hurts the program more than any fact ever could. Also this way no matter what happens (undoubtedly nowhere near as apocalyptic as he is implying), he can say he knew it all along from his sources and can't be disproven.

vCash
    What rumors are unfounded? They're all being mentioned by legitimate sources.
    I still don't believe we lose both RBs. That's the positive. The rest, well, cross your fingers and cover your butthole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Way too many unverified rumors and predictions floating around there a out various players and coaches leaving, and it's not good for MSU for it to be out there so publicly.

Yes, college football is a business and this stuff happens, but let it play out behind the scenes without the fanbase ever knowing. All these posts do is create hostility within the fanbase and the team over something that may not even happen .

I don't think it's a coincidence that all these rumors are coming from the same people who spent the season bashing Leach but insisted (to my correct skepticism) that they'd cut it out if he won the Egg Bowl (which they gave him no chance to doing).
    It was actually a business when things were done under the table. College football is not a business anymore, it has been tampered with by the minds of grown adolescents, who are generally worthless by any measure. This has been formed into a gag reel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Agree. Which isn't always a lot.
    But regardless, anybody who isn't giving monthly to the BI better not say a word. We all can give at least 10-20-30 a month. If not, you don't want to win.
    That is a stupid statement.

How much does it take per win? By that logic there will never be enough money until you are undefeated and NC. Ask TAMU how that worked out with Jimbo. Money don't automatically = wins. Does it help a here and there sure but there is such a thing as marginal economics. If you can't answer how much money per win or championship then you have more money than brains.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Based on what?
    Well I'd say there's a more than 50% chance we lose 4 of our top skill guys and maybe more if that comes to fruition. Arnett may be going to Auburn so the go who has actually made us competitive in most of our games might be leaving. We likely are just going to run it back with Will Rogers who was one of the worst QB's in the SEC in half his games this year.

Oh half the guys we are offering in the portal are not very good or haven't even produced.

But yeah everything is fine and myself and others are just posting unfounded rumors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    What rumors are unfounded? They're all being mentioned by legitimate sources.
    I still don't believe we lose both RBs. That's the positive. The rest, well, cross your fingers and cover your butthole.
    Agree. I don't have a problem with anything that has been posted.

And I still have a problem, I don't trust Will and don't think I ever will. I think it's true we will lose players because he will be back as our QB.
    But it is what it is... Guess we hold out hope that Parson can be the man in 2024. ...and accept what we get till then.

How do we not have a 1k yard receiver in this offense... just blows my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    That is a stupid statement.

How much does it take per win? By that logic there will never be enough money until you are undefeated and NC. Ask TAMU how that worked out with Jimbo. Money don't automatically = wins. Does it help a here and there sure but there is such a thing as marginal economics. If you can't answer how much money per win or championship then you have more money than brains.
    Which statement is stupid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post

How do we not have a 1k yard receiver in this offense... just blows my mind.
    So many catches to go around to what is now the deepest MSU has EVER been in the WR room.

It is possible to have a very good passing game with this many guys and no 1000 yard guy.

But yeah, we should at least have 1 or 2 at least around 800 yds if not.

vCash
    Well I'd say there's a more than 50% chance we lose 4 of our top skill guys and maybe more if that comes to fruition. Arnett may be going to Auburn so the go who has actually made us competitive in most of our games might be leaving. We likely are just going to run it back with Will Rogers who was one of the worst QB's in the SEC in half his games this year.

Oh half the guys we are offering in the portal are not very good or haven't even produced.

But yeah everything is fine and myself and others are just posting unfounded rumors.
    So some things MAY happen just like things always may happen (no specifics though), and that means Leach has lost control of the team...

vCash
    One rumor has been confirmed. Add another transfer WR to the growing list. The Air Raid is having the air sucked right out of it.

vCash
    One rumor has been confirmed. Add another transfer WR to the growing list. The Air Raid is having the air sucked right out of it.
    Who, Rara?

Or are you just making something up so that when a transfer is announced, you can point to this thread and pretend like you were "in the know?"

vCash
    So some things MAY happen just like things always may happen (no specifics though), and that means Leach has lost control of the team...
    It’s currently trending in that direction. Will it happen? I don’t know. But for anyone to act like this is all fine and dandy is just putting their head in the sand and ignoring the realities of the ground. Something is off right now. It can still be fixed. But no one should be having warm fuzzies right now.

vCash
    It’s currently trending in that direction. Will it happen? I don’t know. But for anyone to act like this is all fine and dandy is just putting their head in the sand and ignoring the realities of the ground. Something is off right now. It can still be fixed. But no one should be having warm fuzzies right now.
    IF that were true, posting all about it on a message board instead of letting the process play out is a terrible idea that will only make it worse.

vCash
    It?s currently trending in that direction. Will it happen? I don?t know. But for anyone to act like this is all fine and dandy is just putting their head in the sand and ignoring the realities of the ground. Something is off right now. It can still be fixed. But no one should be having warm fuzzies right now.
    Bro, just stop it. You don't know shit, I don't know shit, no one knows shit except the players and staff. Assuming we lose RaRa (definite), Marks, Johnson, and Thomas (rumor), there are 1000 players in the portal, many with the same skill sets.

I like them all, but none of these guys are irreplaceable. As a matter of fact, I would say that in this climate it's an advantage to have an offense that is easy to pick up and doesn't require all-pro potential to be pretty effective.

Beyond that, we have to raise more NIL money to solve this issue. Pay more, retain more. Even then, we can't be stupid about what we're paying to players. There is no way in Hell any of these guys is worth six figures. No way. None.

vCash
    Who, Rara?

Or are you just making something up so that when a transfer is announced, you can point to this thread and pretend like you were "in the know?"
    Zavion is gone.

vCash
    Zavion is gone.
    I don't see that "confirmed" anywhere. I don't necessarily disbelieve it, and I hope we can keep him, but I also don't think his 4 career receiving yards are worth a meltdown or a spin that Leach is losing control of the team.

vCash
    Let's just forget he was a great punter returner for us and expected to compete for a starting WR spot next year troll.

vCash
    Let's just forget he was a great punter returner for us and expected to compete for a starting WR spot next year troll.
    Yeah, I think so? Like I said, I'd rather keep him, but a PR with the 18th most receiving yards on the team deciding to transfer is a pretty normal thing in college football and would have been a few years ago. Not something you declare Leach has lost the team over.

vCash
    I do not believe anything I read on a message board.

Twitter is where I find truth and justice.