Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's pump the breaks on all the rumors and innuendos

vCash

Let's pump the breaks on all the rumors and innuendos

Way too many unverified rumors and predictions floating around there a out various players and coaches leaving, and it's not good for MSU for it to be out there so publicly.

Yes, college football is a business and this stuff happens, but let it play out behind the scenes without the fanbase ever knowing. All these posts do is create hostility within the fanbase and the team over something that may not even happen .

I don't think it's a coincidence that all these rumors are coming from the same people who spent the season bashing Leach but insisted (to my correct skepticism) that they'd cut it out if he won the Egg Bowl (which they gave him no chance to doing).

vCash
    Also seems like some overlap with the people who claimed Leach would be leaving ��

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Seems likely a certain group of people have an agenda. All of our players have the right to test the waters. They deserve the opportunity to do what is best for their individual situation.
    I fully expect all of our players to be back next year, and I fully expect us to bring in the best players we can. It has the opportunity to be the best year in MSU history, and players get talked about 24/7 when something like that happens.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Also seems like some overlap with the people who claimed Leach would be leaving ��
    That's not a coincidence.

vCash
    If you remove rumors and innuendo from a message board, all you are left with are posts about weather threats.

With the portal this is going to be the norm throughout signing day, which really sucks.

vCash
    Wonder what Rosebowl has against Leach then? He was one of the people that talked about us losing a RB or two from what I understand.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Wonder what Rosebowl has against Leach then? He was one of the people that talked about us losing a RB or two from what I understand.
    That's the least juicy of all the rumors being posted, and it's not like "Rosebowl" is encouraging them to go or saying it's definitely happening. Not a great deflection.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 12-07-2022 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    That's the least juicy of all the rumors being posted, and it's not like "Rosebowl" is encouraging them to go or saying it's definitely happening. Not a great deflection.
    Didn't he say he was worried about arnett to auburn?

vCash
    Easy solution, pay our players/coaches/ADs what they are worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Easy solution, pay our players/coaches/ADs what they are worth.
    Agree. Which isn't always a lot.
    But regardless, anybody who isn't giving monthly to the BI better not say a word. We all can give at least 10-20-30 a month. If not, you don't want to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Didn't he say he was worried about arnett to auburn?
    Somebody asked Rosebowl if he was worried about Arnett leaving for Auburn. His answer was "a little".

vCash
    Way too many unverified rumors and predictions floating around there a out various players and coaches leaving, and it's not good for MSU for it to be out there so publicly.

Yes, college football is a business and this stuff happens, but let it play out behind the scenes without the fanbase ever knowing. All these posts do is create hostility within the fanbase and the team over something that may not even happen .

I don't think it's a coincidence that all these rumors are coming from the same people who spent the season bashing Leach but insisted (to my correct skepticism) that they'd cut it out if he won the Egg Bowl (which they gave him no chance to doing).
    Leach sending out his Lovers like

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Somebody asked Rosebowl if he was worried about Arnett leaving for Auburn. His answer was "a little".
    I mean... can't blame him. Who wants to go down with the ship? He's carried Leach's jockstrap throughout his tenure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Leach sending out his Lovers like
    So much for promising to support Leach if we won the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    Short memory!!

vCash
    There's this thing called reality. I don't know if you have heard it, but sometimes things change. And right now, Leach looks to be having the rug pulled out from under him completely and to act otherwise is either ignorance, blind faith, or both. But hey keep beating that drum, I'm sure you'll change the hearts and minds ignoring reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Agree. Which isn't always a lot.
    But regardless, anybody who isn't giving monthly to the BI better not say a word. We all can give at least 10-20-30 a month. If not, you don't want to win.
    Here, here my good man!

vCash
    We are coming off a really good season at 8-4 with an egg bowl win and a trip to a decent bowl game. Probably the 2nd best bowl outside the Citrus bowl not NY6 related. Please stop these “rumors”. Whether you like Leach or not we need to get behind our team. We also have a top 25 basketball team and most likely a preseason top 25 baseball team. It’s become such doom and gloom around here for an athletic department that is having a solid year. If a player legit enters the portal or a coach is truly interviewing that’s a topic to discuss, but not alleged rumors from unreliable sources

vCash
    There's this thing called reality. I don't know if you have heard it, but sometimes things change. And right now, Leach looks to be having the rug pulled out from under him completely and to act otherwise is either ignorance, blind faith, or both. But hey keep beating that drum, I'm sure you'll change the hearts and minds ignoring reality.
    TBF, same thing was said this time last year and we went 8-4 and third in the west.
    And if our fans don't want players leaving, start giving to the BI

vCash
    95% of the fanbase agrees with my OP and thinks you're acting like an emotional sky-is-falling asshole, so it's not like there are many hearts and minds to change in the first place.