Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As the Plains Burn.... v4.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Yeah, people want to try to take what he did at UM and use "transitive" ideology as to what he will do at Aubie...

It's MUCH more nuanced than that... And if he thinks for 1 minute that he and Cohen won't get Coup de Tattooed, he hasn't been paying attention...
    Hate to tell you bro but he's going to be successful at Auburn. He's taken Auburn rejects and won more with him than Auburn did. The dude can flat out coach. Also, with the way the portal is he may beat Bama year 1. Pay attention, since the portal started Bama hasn't won a championship. The talent is being spread.

vCash
    Did y'all notice the bottom of this? "Faith. Attitude. Mental Toughness. Integrity. Love. You." Just threw up in my mouth and on the way to take a very hot shower. This guy hasn't changed a bit. Hope AU goes 1-10-1 with the win over OM and a tie with bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Hate to tell you bro but he's going to be successful at Auburn. He's taken Auburn rejects and won more with him than Auburn did. The dude can flat out coach. Also, with the way the portal is he may beat Bama year 1. Pay attention, since the portal started Bama hasn't won a championship. The talent is being spread.
    Totally agree with ya on this.... The Portal is definitely leveling things out... and Bammer is certainly lookin' a lot more vulnerable...

In fact, I was curious, so I ran the numbers and they back-up your assertions... I just don't think they are as horrible as some make them out to be....

2018*, 14-1, SEC Champ 8-0, #2
    2019, 11-2, 6-2, #8
    2020, 13-0, SEC Champ 10-0, #1**
    2021, 13-2, SEC Champ 7-1, #2

51-5, 31-3, 3 SECCs, 1 NC, 2 Runner Ups

*Portal officially enacted 10/18
    **Some don't count the 2020 season
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Just saw the actual thing on Twitter. Wow...

What's that to the right of "When Your"? Quotation marks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What's that to the right of "When Your"? Quotation marks?
    That's how I (and others) have read it.... seems odd, to me....

No.

vCash
    It's the equivalent of doing sarcastic "air quotes", lol.

vCash
    The very last line looks like he combined part of a church slogan with a football slogan.

vCash
    I'm just going to tell you as a Mississippi State fan that was around for the Hugh Freeze era at Ole Miss the worst part about Hugh Freeze is Hugh Freeze's self righteousness. When they get a recruit from Alabama get ready for something like "They came to Auburn because of our Godly atmosphere".

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he flames out at Auburn. He's known to have WTF losses- his two fluky wins over Alabama somehow overshadow that somehow. But he's good for at least one a year. You can do that at Ole Miss or Liberty. You can't do that at Auburn.

Also, when he first got to Ole Miss his HUNH offense was fairly new to the SEC. That gave him and Mahlzahn an advantage at the time. That's not new now and is probably the norm. He doesn't have that advantage anymore. I watched UCF play Tulane last weekend and I'm sure UCF ran some up tempo stuff but I didn't notice it like I would have in 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm just going to tell you as a Mississippi State fan that was around for the Hugh Freeze era at Ole Miss the worst part about Hugh Freeze is Hugh Freeze's self righteousness. When they get a recruit from Alabama get ready for something like "They came to Auburn because of our Godly atmosphere".

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he flames out at Auburn. He's known to have WTF losses- his two fluky wins over Alabama somehow overshadow that somehow. But he's good for at least one a year. You can do that at Ole Miss or Liberty. You can't do that at Auburn.

Also, when he first got to Ole Miss his HUNH offense was fairly new to the SEC. That gave him and Mahlzahn an advantage at the time. That's not new now and is probably the norm. He doesn't have that advantage anymore. I watched UCF play Tulane last weekend and I'm sure UCF ran some up tempo stuff but I didn't notice it like I would have in 2013.
    Oh for sure.

I remember when he signed Greg Little (5* OL), who when committed, said of Freeze: "He's a very religious guy...He can help me get in touch with my religion. He’s a very big believer, going to church and everything".

vCash
    Totally agree with ya on this.... The Portal is definitely leveling things out... and Bammer is certainly lookin' a lot more vulnerable...

In fact, I was curious, so I ran the numbers and they back-up your assertions... I just don't think they are as horrible as some make them out to be....

2018*, 14-1, SEC Champ 8-0, #2
    2019, 11-2, 6-2, #8
    2020, 13-0, SEC Champ 10-0, #1**

51-5, 31-3, 3 SECCs, 1 NC, 2 Runner Ups

*Portal officially enacted 10/18
    **Some don't count the 2020 season
    Did the 2022 season happen? And it?s not really the portal it?s NIL - portal is just free agency powered by NIL. The bama trend line is below water.

With a level playing field of talent, coaching will be the difference and we know how well saban has performed with equal talent.
    Last edited by Apoplectic; 12-07-2022 at 07:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I Hope croots see thru that spiel.
    As long as they are getting a pile of money.....they won't care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I agree. He's gonna say "God loves auburn".
    I say 2-3 years and he gets fired for some stupid behavior along with average results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Did the 2022 season happen? And it?s not really the portal it?s NIL - portal is just free agency powered by NIL. The bama trend line is below water.

With a level playing field of talent, coaching will be the difference and we know how well saban has performed with equal talent.
    Fair enough, I'll throw that in, as well (the win %s are eerily similar to the 07-present):

2018, 14-1, SEC Champ 8-0, #2
    2019, 11-2, 6-2, #8
    2020, 13-0, SEC Champ 10-0, #1
    2022, 11-2. 6-2, #5 (assumes a win vs KSU)

62-7, 37-5, 3 SECCs, 1 NC, 2 Runner Ups

No.

vCash
    freeze will win 7-8 a year and be hated for it after 3 seasons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    freeze will win 7-8 a year and be hated for it after 3 seasons

I think he'll hover around 8-8.5... similar to Gus.

No.

vCash
    Fair enough, I'll throw that in, as well (the win %s are eerily similar to the 07-present):

2018, 14-1, SEC Champ 8-0, #2
    2019, 11-2, 6-2, #8
    2020, 13-0, SEC Champ 10-0, #1
    2022, 11-2. 6-2, #5 (assumes a win vs KSU)

62-7, 37-5, 3 SECCs, 1 NC, 2 Runner Ups
    Bamas participation bowl record is not that great lately - probably shouldn?t be so quick to mark that one a W yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Bamas participation bowl record is not that great lately - probably shouldn?t be so quick to mark that one a W yet
    Inadequate sample size.

No.

vCash
    Right now we might need to lay off As The Plains Burn and get a new thread going: As StarkVegas Burns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Right now we might need to lay off As The Plains Burn and get a new thread going: As StarkVegas Burns
    Absolute clown car that starts at the top.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.