Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    What a 17ing shit show this has become.
    This I agree with. We seem to always know just how to kill off any momentum we may have at any point. It truly is a remarkable thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    So I'm assuming you're 100% against how Prime talked to the kids at Colorado then?
    Prime said it to their face.

vCash
    There's some weird stuff going on. As of this past weekend every thing was looking pretty good. Someone is stirring the pot. Just really strange happenings with this stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Tweet is real. Leach does not know how to play the game and players are not happy with the double standards. From what I have been told there are standards for the team and standards for one individual player and the rest of the team does not love that.
    Yep. He has never once chewed Will out.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    There's some weird stuff going on. As of this past weekend every thing was looking pretty good. Someone is stirring the pot. Just really strange happenings with this stuff.
    It is weird as hell how everything just went to hell in a matter of a few days. We need an AD in the worst way for damage control if nothing else. This has the possibility of getting completely out of hand. We are going to completely blow any momentum we had after the Egg Bowl if it keeps up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    It is weird as hell how everything just went to hell in a matter of a few days. We need an AD in the worst way for damage control if nothing else. This has the possibility of getting completely out of hand. We are going to completely blow any momentum we had after the Egg Bowl if it keeps up.
    Yeah this week has sucked so far.

vCash
    Leach shouldn't have said this shit, and DJ shouldn't have posted it under any circumstance for the sake of the team and program.

Leave it us to continue our tradition of being the drama leader of college football.

vCash
    My guess is he told Leach he was going to the portal and Leach didn't beg him to stay. And that hurt Johnson's feelings.

Leach is always saying the team needs to be more tough. Nothing new there.

Also, you buy into what Leach is doing or you go. Simple as that.

vCash
    I don't know Dillon Johnson but I met him in the elevator of a friend's daughter's apartment after last year's Egg Bowl and he apologized to us for the game. Seemed like a sincere kid. I hate to lose him.
    If Mike Leach had publicly questioned his toughness I would have a big problem with it.
    I'm sure other coaches have said similar things to players when they tell them they are leaving the program.

vCash
    Kinda like how you guessed the lottery numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Good call on neither going to the portal.
    Fair enough. Pretty wild and not a good look. DJ is better than that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post
    My guess is he told Leach he was going to the portal and Leach didn't beg him to stay. And that hurt Johnson's feelings.

Leach is always saying the team needs to be more tough. Nothing new there.

Also, you buy into what Leach is doing or you go. Simple as that.
    My guess is that we shouldn't post whatever possibilities our imaginations are capable of conceiving. Insider info is great, "It could maybe possible be this" isn't.

All we KNOW, is that most defensive players want to play another year here, while many offensive players don't. Same NIL funds, same university. There's no way Leach isn't at least some of the problem here imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    And if this is how Mike handled it, he might as well go ahead and retire, because he's a ****ing dinosaur if true. A stupid one at that.
    I think it depends on if you want to stay loyal to your principles or not. This system is encouraging kids to be quitters and to care about themselves and no one else.

I am for NIL. I am not for the portal in its current state. The IRS is going to come calling on all this before long. The government is going to get their share

vCash
    I certainly believe it.

I mean seriously. DJ has played his ****ing ass off for us. But sure, lets shit on the players and believe Mike...who has shown many times he can be an out of touch petty POS. Why did he get fired from TT, again? Yeah...

There are tons of players in the portal, from all over the country. Not many teams are losing major contributors/starters...and certainly not like this. DJ even got a retweet from RaRa telling him to "come with me".

Sure, just blaming it on the players is easy, but that's some naive BS. Leach isn't above scrutiny. Something is clearly going on.
    There is 2 sides to a story. Leach is not going to give in. He is going to stand by who he is. He is far from a POS. He believes in doing things the right way. And I understand you may think the right way is a different way. The TTU deal was just wrong on TTUs part and that was proven in court. He is not a saint however but neither are these kids. This stuff is definitely pushing no accountability. Not a great value in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Yep. He has never once chewed Will out.
    That could not be further from the truth. These takes kill me. Leach chews his ass all the time about changing to a run. But I know you guys will say im lying or defending Will. Just know, that is just blatantly false

vCash
    Hoo boy. How many times will we hear about this on the sports talk circuit. And no one in place to do damage control.

Sure wish DJ had someone close to him to counsel "take the high road". Now because of one immature misstep, this thing will live in the public domain forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think it depends on if you want to stay loyal to your principles or not. This system is encouraging kids to be quitters and to care about themselves and no one else.

I am for NIL. I am not for the portal in its current state. The IRS is going to come calling on all this before long. The government is going to get their share
    Mike Is in the SEC. This is big boy country. His "principles" are 2nd to our program.

vCash
    This is a terrible look for all involved. Leach, DJ, the football program. No one looks good in this situation. Outside of our fan base, DJ far and away looks the worst, but Leach does not look great. Inside our fan base, depending on how you feel about Leach, Leach either looks worse or they are both at fault.

vCash
    Mike Is in the SEC. This is big boy country. His "principles" are 2nd to our program.
    Depends on what his principles are. And if he sticks with them, then up to MSU to decide if they can accept that.

I mean ... AU just hired Hugh Freeze.

vCash
    Well I can tell you he is 0 tolerance for stealing hitting women missing class or drugs. We hope none of those applied to DJ. But he is not going to coddle anyone. Those are pretty good principles in my opinion