Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

vCash
    All of this NIL/Portal bullshit is just that. Bullshit. They should give every player on the team the same wage and a scholarship. Maybe $25,000 per year.

But, politicians and judges have screwed this up just like they do everything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    As of right now both will be back. It could always change but I believe from what I've heard they'll both be back next year.
    I hope you're right, but honestly I'll be surprised if that's the case. Hope I'm wrong.

vCash
    I love Miss State football and basketball, but I would not spend money on traveling to a bowl game outside a NY6 which will now be a playoff bowl game because of this portal. If we make the playoffs I will certainly spend the money. I would go to SEC champ game too if we ever make that. Basketball I would spend money if we make sweet 16 on or SEC championship game if we are a top seed and it looks reasonable we can go. Otherwise I live too far away to travel to a lower tier bowl etc. I might go to Omaha if we make the title again, just too much COVID stuff at the time 2 years ago with my wife being in healthcare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I hope you're right, but honestly I'll be surprised if that's the case. Hope I'm wrong.
    In this era of free agency nothings a given but this is coming from the players themselves, that they plan on coming back, but once again nothings a 100% anymore. If one leaves I would expect it to be marks. Dillon is a homeboy and wants to be close to home.

vCash
    In this era of free agency nothings a given but this is coming from the players themselves, that they plan on coming back, but once again nothings a 100% anymore. If one leaves I would expect it to be marks. Dillon is a homeboy and wants to be close to home.
    Dillon is a leader too it seems. He is one of my favorite dawgs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yep. Him and Woody have put their bodies on the line for 3 years with little fanfare. They deserve a lot of credit for their willingness to do that. Miss having that dawg from other key positions.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Woody and DJ are tough SOBs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Like they're not going to get tackled running the ball 15-20 times for someone else?
    True but tackled and blown up are two different things. We blow up more RB on swing pass than anyone.

vCash
    Good to hear. I was worried DJ was the bigger concern from word on the street

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Woody and DJ are tough SOBs
    Yes they are. Much tougher than most. And they should be rewarded as such.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    But, politicians and judges have screwed this up just like they do everything else.
    17ing lawyers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We can and we can't. The burden on our staff is too much with the portal business added to it. Getting guys is a lot easier than replacing production. Now, if we had money to burn and a slightly better brand name it might be manageable looking ahead, but this isn't going to work. That's my opinion.

It's like we have to recruit players that can start for us, and win for us, but aren't good enough for anyone else to want. That's the insanity we are dealing with.
    Depends on the player as well. I think we can replace RaRa for example. I also think we can get someone as good as Duncan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Depends on the player as well. I think we can replace RaRa for example. I also think we can get someone as good as Duncan.
    Quick playing time at safety might help us in our recruiting of Smith also.

vCash
    Neither are going to the portal. One may go to the draft. And he has valid reasons for it.

The Qb that yall wanna blame it on his the sole reason they get the carries they get. Which was more than ever this year btw. He calls them. Who would want to play in an offense that you get more touches than any other position combined? What a bad offense for a RB.

vCash
    Same here! DJ and Woody are both tough as nails and have earned respect. They've been ballers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Neither are going to the portal. One may go to the draft. And he has valid reasons for it.

The Qb that yall wanna blame it on his the sole reason they get the carries they get. Which was more than ever this year btw. He calls them. Who would want to play in an offense that you get more touches than any other position combined? What a bad offense for a RB.
    Man you have got to come on here with takes not associated with Will. This thread has nothing to do with him.
    Those two running backs get blown up more than any in the country due to an OLB waiting to gobble them up as soon as they catch it. Teams actually defend in a way where they know that the ball is coming to them on dump offs and swing passes. You are a coach / I'm sure you already know.

vCash
    Man you have got to come on here with takes not associated with Will. This thread has nothing to do with him.
    Those two running backs get blown up more than any in the country due to an OLB waiting to gobble them up as soon as they catch it. Teams actually defend in a way where they know that the ball is coming to them on dump offs and swing passes. You are a coach / I'm sure you already know.
    They get tackled. Its part of the job. Im not defending anyone its just facts. They also break those tackles and make them miss.. So that has absolutely nothing to do with why one of them is going to the draft. They dont get blown up more than any in the country. They do however get the ball more in this offense than most offenses in the country. So whatever it was about them leaving bc of the offense is more message board wishes just like Leach retiring bc of SEC defenses and his health

vCash
    I watch very few NFL games except Dak and Dallas and MNF. How many NFL O's are heavily run based today outside of TN with Henry and Dallas with Zeke who needs to go and Pollard? Most games I watch QB's are throwing about 50 or so times. With pass protection duties at times, I could see our O getting backs ready for the NFL, (except for that all too often getting blown up in the flats play*). Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    They get tackled. Its part of the job. Im not defending anyone its just facts. They also break those tackles and make them miss.. So that has absolutely nothing to do with why one of them is going to the draft. They dont get blown up more than any in the country. They do however get the ball more in this offense than most offenses in the country. So whatever it was about them leaving bc of the offense is more message board wishes just like Leach retiring bc of SEC defenses and his health
    Can you point to Leach's success with RB's at the next level? I'm not seeing much. Maybe in your obsession with never blaming golden boy and Leach you can describe all the success Leach has had with his RB's.

You've never dealt in facts. You always bring your emotions into this cause of your attachment to Will and Leach. You're better off staying out of these convos for you health.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Can you point to Leach's success with RB's at the next level? I'm not seeing much. Maybe in your obsession with never blaming golden boy and Leach you can describe all the success Leach has had with his RB's.

You've never dealt in facts. You always bring your emotions into this cause of your attachment to Will and Leach. You're better off staying out of these convos for you health.
    Dude. Marks is going to have more touches than any player in school history. You could not be more wrong. I dont give a damn about NFL success of Leaches RBs. I didnt even mention anything about that.