Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I?m not an insider, but someone told me they are not locks to stay and may hit the portal. Anyone got any info?
    I could see where RB's may not like this offense. If we opened up the offense and tweaked it, like we should, it would be a great and exciting offense to be in. The way it is now, meh.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 12-06-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Leaving now for a tradition offense would probably help their draft status if they succeed. They've shown they can catch now
    another offense would help their growth in pass pro also
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    When we run, we win. Its frustrating to us fans. You know it has to be to the RBs

vCash
    Cute gif. But unless you want to cite a comment by those two.....you are just attacking a player that has nothing to do with what others decide to do.

However, there is plenty of evidence that you have an agenda against Rogers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Leaving now for a tradition offense would probably help their draft status if they succeed. They've shown they can catch now
    I don't know if it helps their draft status, but it definitely helps their health.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I agree. I wouldn?t blame them. But if they leave, it really shows the status of the college game. I could see where fans would throw hands up and quit following.
    ^^^^^^^THIS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Cute gif. But unless you want to cite a comment by those two.....you are just attacking a player that has nothing to do with what others decide to do.

However, there is plenty of evidence that you have an agenda against Rogers.
    I don't have any agenda. Every argument I've ever made on here has stats, facts, and the like included. I haven't made an emotional argument unlike a lot of Will lovers. I'm tired of them blaming everyone else but him for his problems.

vCash
    I've spent a lot of money on a Tampa trip that may turn out to be watching our scout team vs. Illinois.

This is detrimental to future bowl travel. Also detrimental to the college game in general.

vCash
    One of the reasons I am through with bowl trips unless we're ever in the playoffs. Last year's bowl game taught me a lesson and it was just not team Covid issue. They're almost to the point of treating them like a futures game and an advance on spring practice while fans are investing sizable money to fly and lodge and while never expecting a guarantee on a victory; we are expecting a best effort from administration, coaches and players. I have not seen that the last several years. One solution would be for the conference to allow schools to pay a bowl stipend to players, coaches and support staff as incentive to be 100%. That could change this but until then it's the TV for me.

vCash
    As of right now both will be back. It could always change but I believe from what I've heard they'll both be back next year.

vCash
    The portal combined with the NIL will doom the sport, unless major change comes to the rescue, and quickly. Otherwise a lot of programs (ours) are going to be left out of orbit and the dialed-in fans quit.

vCash
    So, let me get this straight about the Portal and NIL.

If a player has not opted for the Portal another team can still make contact with this player and offer an NIL package to entice him to go into the Portal and transfer to them?

If this is true that's ****ed up. That's just poaching players, imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    So, let me get this straight about the Portal and NIL.

If a player has not opted for the Portal another team can still make contact with this player and offer an NIL package to entice him to go into the Portal and transfer to them?

If this is true that's ****ed up. That's just poaching players, imo.
    No. That's not allowed under the rules. Now, it happens though, but not supposed to. We had to fight off suitors for Marks last year and he never was in the portal. DCam has teams after him now.
    Last edited by confucius say; 12-06-2022 at 03:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    One of the reasons I am through with bowl trips unless we're ever in the playoffs. Last year's bowl game taught me a lesson and it was just not team Covid issue. They're almost to the point of treating them like a futures game and an advance on spring practice while fans are investing sizable money to fly and lodge and while never expecting a guarantee on a victory; we are expecting a best effort from administration, coaches and players. I have not seen that the last several years. One solution would be for the conference to allow schools to pay a bowl stipend to players, coaches and support staff as incentive to be 100%. That could change this but until then it's the TV for me.
    Largely why I don't count bowl games in analyzing a coach's season record or comparing records of coaches. Many times the bowl game is more like the first game of the next season as far as who is playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    No. That's not allowed under the rules. Now, it happens though, but not supposed to. We had to fight off suitors for Marks last year and he never was in the portal. DCam has teams after him now.
    That's crazy. College football is dying.

vCash
    If the P5 would break away from the ncaa it would help fix this. The SCOTUS NIL opinion went off on anti trust grounds. If the P5 becomes its own organization and competes against the NCAA for viewers and fans, antitrust goes away and the P5 can largely make whatever rules it wants. You don't like it, go play in another league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The portal combined with the NIL will doom the sport, unless major change comes to the rescue, and quickly. Otherwise a lot of programs (ours) are going to be left out of orbit and the dialed-in fans quit.
    The thing is it goes both ways. Our players can ask for more NIL, threaten to leave, etc but we can also replace them through the portal too.

vCash
    I don't have a problem with the NIL deals because that was happening behind the scenes before..... but I think there needs to be more accountability with the portal / transfers. they need to make the rules more strict for declaring for the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    As of right now both will be back. It could always change but I believe from what I've heard they'll both be back next year.
    Good, they are both really good backs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The thing is it goes both ways. Our players can ask for more NIL, threaten to leave, etc but we can also replace them through the portal too.
    We can and we can't. The burden on our staff is too much with the portal business added to it. Getting guys is a lot easier than replacing production. Now, if we had money to burn and a slightly better brand name it might be manageable looking ahead, but this isn't going to work. That's my opinion.

It's like we have to recruit players that can start for us, and win for us, but aren't good enough for anyone else to want. That's the insanity we are dealing with.