Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    16 + 42 + 40 + 17 + 6 + 39 + 19 + 24 = 203

Divide by 8, that gives you 25.4... But hey, because the defense / special teams scored TDs, that means you count it against the team output. That's stupid.
    I took out their scores because that is not indicative of the offense doing anything.

Because 25.4 is just a vaunted scoring offense. Your dunk didn’t go over very well. Congrats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    At least the SEC Rant is blowing DJ up like an immature child. Basically this is what I chalk it up to. He's young and brash. As he gets older, hopefully he comes to understand the shit hole social media is can become
    Yes everyone is blowing DJ up, especially MSU fans like usual. I hope that DJ doesn't play the tape for the world to see. It would be discussed by national sports media and make our program look really bad. I'm hopeful that someone will convince him not to do so. I'm afraid that all the negativity being thrown at him will force him to go public with the receipts.

vCash
    I’ll add. Our SEC only offensive numbers

- 8th in Scoring
    - 9th in TD Rate (total TDs divided by plays)
    - 12th in % of drives that ended in Scores
    - 13th in % of plays in the redzone (we didn’t move the ball down the field)
    - 9th in first downs per drive
    - 10th in average yards per drive
    - 13th in 15+ yard plays
    - 14th in Explosive play %
    - 14th in Explosive pass play %

Vaunted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Leach and his old school mentality had better calm down or he'll lose the fan base next. He's already losing the locker room. This isn't Washington state. He's becoming the lunatic Texas Tech coach.
    How do you know? Are you in the locker room?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    How do you know? Are you in the locker room?
    He would have a pretty idea. You probably should listen to him.

vCash
    16 + 42 + 40 + 17 + 6 + 39 + 19 + 24 = 203

Divide by 8, that gives you 25.4... But hey, because the defense / special teams scored TDs, that means you count it against the team output. That's stupid.
    Both stats are correct? You can do total scoring and offense only scoring, they are both correct. You can look at conference only, ranked teams, or vs winning record schools. Doesn't make any of them invalid. I mean we played 5 games vs FBS winning record programs and only averaged 16.4 per game for 12th in the league. Vandy was last at 15.3. It's just a deeper look. We were second in the league in OOC scoring but 9th in conference games, 12th vs winning FBS teams and 12th (13.7 ppg) vs ranked opponents. Just those simple breakdowns gives you the numbers that what you saw on the field is true. The better the opponent the more we struggled. Look at Tenn though, they were either 1 or 2 in scoring no matter the breakdown. High output offense no matter who they play. Georgia on the other hand was 8th in the league vs OOC opponents and 4th vs teams with losing records. But was 1st vs ranked teams and winning teams. It was pretty evident they had a hard time getting up for weak teams some this season.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Leach and his old school mentality had better calm down or he'll lose the fan base next. He's already losing the locker room. This isn't Washington state. He's becoming the lunatic Texas Tech coach.
    No he won't lose the fan base & he isn't losing the locker room. You people are unbearable & so biased against Leach it isn't even funny. These kids & obviously grown ups as well are soft as fkn Charmin & it's the reason we're living in such a soft ass world where people want to cancel anyone for anything today.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He would have a pretty idea. You probably should listen to him.
    So do I since I have someone close that's in that locker room everyday. He's FOS

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Yes everyone is blowing DJ up, especially MSU fans like usual. I hope that DJ doesn't play the tape for the world to see. It would be discussed by national sports media and make our program look really bad. I'm hopeful that someone will convince him not to do so. I'm afraid that all the negativity being thrown at him will force him to go public with the receipts.
    The video I've heard is blatantly edited with parts cut out of it & isn't even bad. He's a damn fool if he releases that to the public. And it was AFTER he had already decided to leave. If he thinks people are being hard on him now, wait until everyone hears that audio lmao. Talking about soft as shit. Leach was spot on..
    Last edited by 662dawg; 12-08-2022 at 10:10 AM.

vCash
    What tape are you talking about? Leach has a sex tape out there we don't know about??

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    I took out their scores because that is not indicative of the offense doing anything.

Because 25.4 is just a vaunted scoring offense. Your dunk didn’t go over very well. Congrats.
    Your misunderstanding of how a team sport works is hilarious. Should you take away any points that the offense scored when they started on this side of the 50 because it was "easier"? Does the offense not get any credit for being up enough it allowed the defense to take more risks for big plays?

vCash
    Leach and sex??? Lol

vCash
    I’ll add. Our SEC only offensive numbers

- 8th in Scoring
    - 9th in TD Rate (total TDs divided by plays)
    - 12th in % of drives that ended in Scores
    - 13th in % of plays in the redzone (we didn’t move the ball down the field)
    - 9th in first downs per drive
    - 10th in average yards per drive
    - 13th in 15+ yard plays
    - 14th in Explosive play %
    - 14th in Explosive pass play %

Vaunted.
    5th in W/L despite having to play Georgia

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    What tape are you talking about? Leach has a sex tape out there we don't know about??
    Someone recorded Leach saying he's glad Dillon is leaving bc he's not very tough. It's very edited with parts cut out of it so there's really not much context outside of that line, but it's definitely AFTER he had decided to leave.

Kinda makes one wonder if he wasn't encouraged to leave bc he was becoming a locker room cancer. We do know that he was complaining after the egg bowl. You can tell by his exit note that he's not mentally tough at all so that is very likely what Leach was talking about. It seems that he may have someone on his ear telling him he's way better than he actually is.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Leach and sex??? Lol
    Man that's not something I wanted to think about this morning 😭😂🤣

vCash
    Just for fun. Our defensive numbers:

- 7th in Starting field position average (our offense left them in some bad spots)
    - 6th in yards per drive
    - 10th in drives per game (again our offense kept them on the field)
    - 3rd in the SEC in causing 3 and outs.
    - 5th in the SEC in opponent TDs %
    - 6th in Turnover rate
    - 4th in 1st + TDs rate.
    - 7th in Rushing yards per game
    - 6th in passing yards per game
    - 5th in total yards per game
    - 5th in defensive success rate
    - 5th in least 15+ yard plays allowed
    - 4th in tackles for loss
    - 2nd best in big play pass rate
    - 3rd best in big run pass rate.

Now that’s a good defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Someone recorded Leach saying he's glad Dillon is leaving bc he's not very tough. It's very edited with parts cut out of it so there's really not much context outside of that line, but it's definitely AFTER he had decided to leave.

Kinda makes one wonder if he wasn't encouraged to leave bc he was becoming a locker room cancer. We do know that he was complaining after the egg bowl. You can tell by his exit note that he's not mentally tough at all so that is very likely what Leach was talking about. It seems that he may have someone on his ear telling him he's way better than he actually is.
    Encouraged to leave, I doubt. He's a good player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    5th in W/L despite having to play Georgia
    Cool. Thanks to our defense.

vCash
    Your misunderstanding of how a team sport works is hilarious. Should you take away any points that the offense scored when they started on this side of the 50 because it was "easier"? Does the offense not get any credit for being up enough it allowed the defense to take more risks for big plays?
    We aren’t discussing the team we are discussing the offensive production. I posted the defensive stats as well. It’s obvious that the offense hurt the defense all year and the defense was still one of the best in the SEC

Banned
    vCash
    We aren’t discuss the team we are discussing their offensive production. I posted the defensive stats as well. It’s obvious that the offense hurt the defense all year and the defense was still one of the best in the SEC
    And we all know the problem is we have a QB whose arm regressed. It's not rocket surgery. Leach's scheme works given you've got someone with a P5 level arm. Will is upper tier FCS level in arm strength. Is what it is.