Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

vCash
    Yeah, he's the poster child for second chances. Glad he managed to stay away from those scenarios afterward. If i were blessed with his build and someone laid hands and my family, you damn right i would use it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Good post. Make more posts like this. Less like ones smelling your own fart.
    Ease up Francis
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The Simmons deal was handled 100% correctly. Simmons got dragged into a Hood dispute and made the mistake guys in his neighborhood make every day. It was a family thing and not a case of a kid being involved in something nefarious. He was given a 2nd chance and told the microscope was on him. He became a campus leader at State, made good grades, and did what people figured he would do. Now he is one of the NFL's top 5 guys on the DL and you dont hear about any trouble from him.
    Absolutely.

But some guys have "zero tolerance".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Absolutely.

But some guys have "zero tolerance".
    And zero tolerance is a lazy concept. All situations have uniquely different circumstances. Good leaders know how to apply the appropriate consequence in each situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    And zero tolerance is a lazy concept. All situations have uniquely different circumstances. Good leaders know how to apply the appropriate consequence in each situation.
    Yep.

Banned
    vCash
    So far we've lost on offense to the portal officially

4th+ String QB - Greek
    1stB HB - Johnson
    4th+ String HB - Jernigan
    4th+ String HB - Hargrove
    1st String WR - Thomas
    3rd+ String WR - Ford
    ?? Long Snapper - Robich
    3rd String OL - Buys and Cavazos

Rumored to lose Zavion Thomas. - Even when you win the recruiting battle in LSU, home can come knocking now. This is gonna be a bumpy 5-10 years for the NCAA to figure it out.

Rumblings that I've heard:
    Woody is 50/50 but DJ leaving actually tilts it towards us to about 60/40. Price has more explosiveness that I'm interested in. I wonder if it was a processing (in that it was choose 2, one has to leave and it was handled poorly) as DJ struggled down the stretch.
    Tulu is staying put. JRob already burned his free transfer (why you should go after portal kids). We'd need two more solid contributors at WR to feel comfortable here. Shocked Ford is leaving when he can slot into Austin Williams type of role.
    OL isn't really shopping, but we could use more competition always.

Guessing we're gonna have to weather some defensive hits. But I would be bringing in QB competition for Will. There's no continuity to argue for. And it's kind of clear that a lot of guys were unhappy with him from rumblings.

Here's hoping we keep Arnett off the plains. But I'm sure cooter is gonna tell us in a week that was the hold ya butthole part.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RisperDawg View Post
    Just some perspective: we had a running back named Kylin Hill a couple of years ago. Regardless of who was right or wrong off the field, we never missed his production.
    Kylin Hill cussed out a female staffer and threatened to shoot a teammate once he got back to Starkville while in the locker room at Kentucky. He was 100 % a cancer. This ain’t that.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Hill got bounced from the Packers as well

vCash
    Just hurry up and convert college football into an NFL minor league where kids get drafted into different schools. Oh you are 5* DL from boon**** Alabama? Here, The University of Rutgers has the number one draft pick. Enjoy New Jersey you greedy little prick

Oh you want to become a free agent in the portal KJ? Here ITT Tech for the deaf and blind in Portland, Maine have picked you up?.

What a mess college football is now

vCash
    That butthole pain is going to be deep. Time to pray for KY, because the pain is coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That butthole pain is going to be deep. Time to pray for KY, because the pain is coming.
    Spit it out, dude.

Banned
    vCash
    Spit it out, dude.
    It's clearly Arnett leaving and a bunch of guys going back on their run it back tweets.

There's nothing else there. Will leaving would be half celebrated. Tulu got his bag. Woody could go but I don't think that's it. So what else could it be?

vCash
    Just give more
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Great...

vCash
    It's clearly Arnett leaving and a bunch of guys going back on their run it back tweets.

There's nothing else there. Will leaving would be half celebrated. Tulu got his bag. Woody could go but I don't think that's it. So what else could it be?
    Well that would be a really big blow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well that would be a really big blow
    I guess we're a dead corpse donating organs at this point.

vCash
    I guess we're a dead corpse donating organs at this point.
    And to other SEC programs to boot

Banned
    vCash
    Could be Tulu the way he's liking tweets. Idk. I'm just gonna go dark on football until the bowl game. Seems healthier.

If Tulu and Woody hit the portal then you move on from Rogers. Simple as that. It'd be a clear indictment that everyone in the room wants to avoid him. You'd gain half of them back with a Will Rogers portal entry I bet.

vCash
    Could be Tulu the way he's liking tweets. Idk. I'm just gonna go dark on football until the bowl game. Seems healthier.

If Tulu and Woody hit the portal then you move on from Rogers. Simple as that. It'd be a clear indictment that everyone in the room wants to avoid him. You'd gain half of them back with a Will Rogers portal entry I bet.
    Agreed, but no way the Pirate entertains the demands of a mutiny. Will is his boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    It is weird as hell how everything just went to hell in a matter of a few days. We need an AD in the worst way for damage control if nothing else. This has the possibility of getting completely out of hand. We are going to completely blow any momentum we had after the Egg Bowl if it keeps up.
    I'm not sure what an AD could or would do , but we don't know what has actually happened. I had heard DJ had been pretty vocal about we needed to be running the ball more and that was prior to the Egg Bowl, but I wasn't in the locker room so I can't verify that. Best scenario I think would be just let it all play out. We have got a good shot at a really good running back if he enters the portal and the word is he plans too.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 12-07-2022 at 11:07 PM.