Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lord knows I'm not a big will fan, but what's changed? He was a captain, and I thought a very popular player on our team
    Assuming you didn?t watch him cower in the egg bowl every time someone from Ole Miss was near him? The guy talks a big game but he plays so scared. I saw all I needed to see when he ran out of bounds on a 4th down run.
    Last edited by CoachT14; 12-07-2022 at 09:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Assuming you didn?t watch him cower in the egg bowl every time someone from Ole Miss was near him? The guy talks a big game but he plays so scared. I saw all I needed to see when he ran out of bounds on a 4th down run.
    And then Saturday you watch Max Duggan's performance.

vCash
    I'll say this. CML is not handling roster management well. And it's not all related to NIL. He should let the other coaches handle it and stay quiet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    I'll say this. CML is not handling roster management well. And it's not all related to NIL. He should let the other coaches handle it and stay quiet.
    How do really know that though? Do you already know what the roster will look like next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And then Saturday you watch Max Duggan's performance.
    True. All you had to do was watch the game DJ and Woody had. They put their bodies in the line for team in the Egg Bowl. Will… not even close. To me it’s obvious our skill guys are willing to take a shot to find a team that puts them in better positions to be successful.

I’m sure Bucky will come in and make a backhanded comment on them and talk about how the OL sucked or WR’s made Will run out of bounds with 7 yards to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Please fill us in on how Leach is doing this incorrectly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Please fill us in on how Leach is doing this incorrectly.
    You still going to be asking that smart a$$ question when the entirety of our skill positions leave and we have a bunch of scrubs to replace them? Cause right now that's more likely than the opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Is this actually the issue or is this what you think it is? Not a big Will fan myself but that's pretty big if true.
    It's part of it. Nothing against Will as a person. He's a great kid. I think he's respected in that way. But his inability to play the QB spot and get the ball to guys downfield is part of the issue. If you knew how many and who considered leaving you'd understand. We're going to keep a couple and pay them, but it was close to being an even bigger issue. This offense has to be way better or Mike Leach can hit the road. He's not going push Will out either because Leach hasn't develop anyone at QB. We all know he won't get a legit transfer either.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If you lose support of Tater, things are not good.
    There is being a sunshine pumper and then there's being blind... BuckyIsABlind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If you knew how many and who considered leaving you'd understand. We're going to keep a couple and pay them, but it was close to being an even bigger issue.
    and we are supposed to believe the word of someone with username: cooterpoot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    and we are supposed to believe the word of someone with username: cooterpoot
    Now that was funny

vCash
    You still going to be asking that smart a$$ question when the entirety of our skill positions leave and we have a bunch of scrubs to replace them? Cause right now that's more likely than the opposite.
    So, Leach is in charge of allocation of NIL funds too? please keep it coming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    So, Leach is in charge of allocation of NIL funds too? please keep it coming
    Leach 100% works with Charlie on NIL...all of our coaches do
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    they just looking again to bash leach any chance they get. he has the program to a 8-9 win level. the deal is, can he keep it there? all this acting like a 12 year old accomplishes zilch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Leach 100% works with Charlie on NIL...all of our coaches do
    Meh.

vCash
    I really don't think that was Will being unwilling to put it on the line or wussing out. He's taken hits before and gotten up. I can't believe him running backwards was him suddenly being scared of getting hit. And I don't think him not going all out for the first was being a wimp. It was like he had brain fog or something and had trouble processing things at game speed and just kept making stupid decisions. I honestly thought he might have had a concussion or something during the game. Can't imagine him just lacking focus for the egg bowl. I guess another option would be a family or personal issue that just had him weighed down and distracted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Bucky you're so freaking emotional.

It's clear Will regressed mentally throughout the year. That and his arm strength waned. He either gutted out a hidden injury or his arm is going and can't handle the workload.

That kid was throwing dots 30-40 yds downfield last year against Memphis. Nowadays he can't throw a ball 25 air yards out of bounds on the run. He's taken a step back and it is CLEAR as day.

I want the kid to succeed. But he's simply not. That boy is giving his best, but we all get told we can't play the child's game at some point. I fear for him, it's way sooner than he'd like.
    Didn't want to start rumors, but seemed like one game mid-season it was rubbing his shoulder after a hit. We don't release much injury info but, I have wondered if he is hurt or banged up. Just wondering. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Didn't want to start rumors, but seemed like one game mid-season it was rubbing his shoulder after a hit. We don't release much injury info but, I have wondered if he is hurt or banged up. Just wondering. Hail State!
    I wondered the same tbh

vCash
    If he was injured, seems like etsu game wouldve been a shorter outing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If he was injured, seems like etsu game wouldve been a shorter outing
    Yeah this don't make sense