Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

Woody and DJ

I?m not an insider, but someone told me they are not locks to stay and may hit the portal. Anyone got any info?

vCash
    If we lose them and rara, good grief

vCash
    I honestly don't understand why they would stay. They get blown up so much in this offense. And they would be better off going somewhere that has a good run blocking scheme

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree. I wouldn?t blame them. But if they leave, it really shows the status of the college game. I could see where fans would throw hands up and quit following.

vCash
    Stated last night that they may be looking at portal. A couple of players said that even though they were looking, the Bulldog Initiative came through and got them to stay.

vCash
    According to Steve, they are certainly not locks as of now to stay. If we can just hang on to one of them, that would be good enough for me.

vCash
    If we had recruited well, I wouldn't care if they left. Neither is what we really need. We need a legit RB and a dynamic little guy like our current commit. Leach I never going to run it, so legit RB is out of the question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I honestly don't understand why they would stay. They get blown up so much in this offense. And they would be better off going somewhere that has a good run blocking scheme
    Like they're not going to get tackled running the ball 15-20 times for someone else?

vCash
    They want some assurance that we are going to run the ball. Its that simple, running backs want to run the football.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I?m not an insider, but someone told me they are not locks to stay and may hit the portal. Anyone got any info?
    Why stay with a QB who's most assuredly not going to hand the ball off to you enough and when he does get you the ball get's you absolutely blown up by DL/LB's because he's scared to death to get hit or throw the ball down the field?

A lot of our fans have yet to give those two their just dues in praise only to praise the QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    They want some assurance that we are going to run the ball. Its that simple, running backs want to run the football.
    Yeah. And then the receivers are mad because they're not getting the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I agree. I wouldn?t blame them. But if they leave, it really shows the status of the college game. I could see where fans would throw hands up and quit following.
    I caught a little ESPN this morning. The show with 3 guys, including Keyshawn, was talking about the portal
    And nil. The Williams guy seems to believe portal and NIL is a huge issue. KeysHawn seems to believe the portal is mostly guys not playing. So it's good. However his perspective is probably USC. Where as ours is mid level P5. If Woody and DJ bolt, We are most certainly losing players that play and have a starting role to "shopping for NIL deals"

It makes me sick.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 12-06-2022 at 09:12 AM.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong I think Will is an awesome dude and a good QB and I'm sure he's just doing how he was coached but State will remain limited on offense until we have someone who can extend plays with his legs in crucial situations. Not saying they have to run all the time but when needed get that 1st down!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    According to Steve, they are certainly not locks as of now to stay.
    Is anyone a lock until the portal closes on January 18?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Why stay with a QB who's most assuredly not going to hand the ball off to you enough and when he does get you the ball get's you absolutely blown up by DL/LB's because he's scared to death to get hit or throw the ball down the field?

A lot of our fans have yet to give those two their just dues in praise only to praise the QB.
    and some just want to blame the QB. This isn't about carries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    and some just want to blame the QB. This isn't about carries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Like they're not going to get tackled running the ball 15-20 times for someone else?
    No I'm thinking that they can run it without ever getting tackled....

If I have to explain this to you, you don't pay attention to our check down outcomes.

vCash
    I can't believe they've stays this long the way they get hung out every week. They should have let 2 years ago.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If we had recruited well, I wouldn't care if they left. Neither is what we really need. We need a legit RB and a dynamic little guy like our current commit. Leach I never going to run it, so legit RB is out of the question.
    How is DJ not legit? I can understand wanting more size than Marks provides, but they are a good 1-2 punch. Our only problem is, as people have mentioned, we dump the ball to them a lot of times just for them to get blown up. If we could fix that issue, it'd be easier to keep RBs and WRs happy. Our RBs get plenty of touches if so many of them weren't worthless dump offs. If they were mostly getting dump outs when they actually had room and time to do something, I would think that'd be a lot of fun for a RB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I can't believe they've stays this long the way they get hung out every week. They should have let 2 years ago.
    Leaving now for a tradition offense would probably help their draft status if they succeed. They've shown they can catch now