Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    You gone help DJ out when he does not end up on a power 5 level team too? He's lucky that Marks was injured or he'd been standing on the sideline more. I know a couple the players too and they both are pissed as pure F*CK at the childish behavior of DJ as well as a couple others. In my opinion, DJ never was an SEC caliber RB but he got PT due to playing hard and being gritty. I wonder what he will think when he lands at a sun belt school? Is that gone pay good?
    You're naive if you think this one incident was a breaking point. Athletes in college are dawged daily by coaches. Leach has had an entire turnover of the team since he's arrived. Ironically, this is the least amount of players so far that have transferred. However, everyone has a breaking point. Sports and the military are the only two professions where you must take verbal abuse and be ok with it. When a player finally says enough, they're soft. GTFOH, they do more activities in 3 hours than probably 75% of the United States.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    When? In 1970? Bc he doesn't know shit about the current program. I can say that with 100% fact & commerce & others can probably tell you the same. The culture of the locker room was very good until a few days ago. The problems are being handled. Two are already out.
    You're definitely ignorant to a culture if you think 2 days caused it to go sideways. Your sources suck and your speculation is terrible. Are you a politician?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Saban and Leach are not in the same stratosphere. Saban has also changed his philosophy and coaching style.
    Kirby is a hardass too. The video releases this year before the TN game he was cussing a DB out.

But some coaches aren't like that. There is more than one approach that will work.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Saban and Leach are not in the same stratosphere. Saban has also changed his philosophy and coaching style.
    You're so full of shit lmao. I can't even imagine what he says to them in private. Nick Saban has not gone soft. I guarantee you that, especially after missing the playoffs for the first time ever?

https://youtu.be/xOhVfD7sCgk

https://outsider.com/sports/nick-sab...beating-texas/

https://tdalabamamag.com/2022/11/13/...ffense-mishap/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Kirby is a hardass too. The video releases this year before the TN game he was cussing a DB out.

But some coaches aren't like that. There is more than one approach that will work.
    I would think guys like saban and smart can get away with more when their players are already handsomely paid and both coaches are cranking out players in the draft year-in, year-out.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    You're definitely ignorant to a culture if you think 2 days caused it to go sideways. Your sources suck and your speculation is terrible. Are you a politician?
    Lmao. So a CURRENT leader of the football team word sucks? And yours, who played 80 years ago for a completely different staff, is Gold? 🤦

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I would think guys like saban and smart can get away with more when their players are already handsomely paid and both coaches are cranking out players in the draft year-in, year-out.
    So it's ok only if you're a Saban & Smart? That's your argument?

vCash
    I respect 28 and his info because I know he played at State and is pretty close to the program. There are so many of us on here that know players and coaches or people in the athletic dept and there is always gonna be some conflicting info. It's just like any organization there's gonna be people happy to be there and there's gonna be some that are disgruntled. The kids I know personally on the team are happy and really like Leach(why they are staying when they could go to the draft or transfer). Heck my youngest son knows half the team and plays video games online with them. I do know that nil and the portal is a huge issue. It's becoming equivalent to a kid saying "I don't like you and I'm taking my ball and going home and not playing with you anymore". Cfb is forever changed and it's a mess. Can't wait until this infects the high school level. Heck travel sports are already littered with deals for kids to come play with this or that organization. My youngest who is a baseball player was a dang good basketball player as a youth and at one of his games a guy came up to me and offered some "incentives" if he would come play for his team. I declined. Just my 2 cents which doesn't mean much. Sorry for the long post guys.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 12-08-2022 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    So it's ok only if you're a Saban & Smart? That's your argument?
    No, I'm saying kids would put up with more from them than someone with a lesser resume

And I don't care what the coaches say, and I don't care if the players put up with it or not. As long as leach is our coach, he can do it his way. And as long as players have a transfer ticket out, they do what they want.

vCash
    I will never understand why people cannot accept the fact that more than one thing can be true at the same time.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I respect 28 and his info because I know he played at State and is pretty close to the program. There are so many of us on here that know players and coaches or people in the athletic dept and there is always gonna be some conflicting info. It's just like any organization there's gonna be people happy to be there and there's gonna be some that are disgruntled. The kids I know personally on the team are happy and really like Leach(why they are staying when they could go to the draft or transfer). Heck my youngest son knows half the team and plays video games online with them. I do know that nil and the portal is a huge issue. It's becoming equivalent to a kid saying "I don't like you and I'm taking my ball and going home and not playing with you anymore". Cfb is forever changed and it's a mess. Can't wait until this infects the high school level. Heck travel sports are already littered with deals for kids to come play with this or that organization. My youngest who is a baseball player was a dang good basketball player as a youth and at one of his games a guy came up to me and offered some "incentives" if he would come play for his team. I declined. Sorry for the long post guys.
    I respect that he was a player at State. I do not respect the dishonesty & that's exactly what he's displaying right now simply bc he doesn't like Leach for whatever reason. Leach is as well respected among the coaching ranks & his players as any coach in college football.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I will never understand why people cannot accept the fact that more than one thing can be true at the same time.
    We live in an age where being "right" is more important than being factually correct.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    No, I'm saying kids would put up with more from them than someone with a lesser resume

And I don't care what the coaches say, and I don't care if the players put up with it or not. As long as leach is our coach, he can do it his way. And as long as players have a transfer ticket out, they do what they want.
    I can't argue with this. But maybe a lesson is learned among players entering the portal that "thy shall not lie" on the way out.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I respect 28 and his info because I know he played at State and is pretty close to the program. There are so many of us on here that know players and coaches or people in the athletic dept and there is always gonna be some conflicting info. It's just like any organization there's gonna be people happy to be there and there's gonna be some that are disgruntled. The kids I know personally on the team are happy and really like Leach(why they are staying when they could go to the draft or transfer). Heck my youngest son knows half the team and plays video games online with them. I do know that nil and the portal is a huge issue. It's becoming equivalent to a kid saying "I don't like you and I'm taking my ball and going home and not playing with you anymore". Cfb is forever changed and it's a mess. Can't wait until this infects the high school level. Heck travel sports are already littered with deals for kids to come play with this or that organization. My youngest who is a baseball player was a dang good basketball player as a youth and at one of his games a guy came up to me and offered some "incentives" if he would come play for his team. I declined. Just my 2 cents which doesn't mean much. Sorry for the long post guys.
    CC, you're one of the last posters who would ever need to apologize for a long-winded post.

vCash
    You're naive if you think this one incident was a breaking point. Athletes in college are dawged daily by coaches. Leach has had an entire turnover of the team since he's arrived. Ironically, this is the least amount of players so far that have transferred. However, everyone has a breaking point. Sports and the military are the only two professions where you must take verbal abuse and be ok with it. When a player finally says enough, they're soft. GTFOH, they do more activities in 3 hours than probably 75% of the United States.
    You clearly don't work in a hospital because I get verbally abused all the time. Add that to your professions list.

And they are soft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Yep this is one of the few absolute facts in this thread!

vCash

Then explain why Saban has a starting offensive lineman in the portal and a couple more guys that were key contributors?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Kirby is not old school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    CC, you're one of the last posters who would ever need to apologize for a long-winded post.
    Appreciate that. I try not to rant to much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You clearly don't work in a hospital because I get verbally abused all the time. Add that to your professions list.

And they are soft.
    I actually work in Healthcare. If you're allowing a doctor to yell at your that's your fault. Healthcare pales in comparison.