Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    General Rule: Coaches shouldn't talk negatively about a player to another player, privately. It never works out well.
    Never!!!

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I know some drag queens who would kick your ass for calling them soft LOL
    Nah. I wouldn't be around one. Not my kinda culture or crowd. Feel me?

vCash
    General Rule: Coaches shouldn't talk negatively about a player to another player, privately. It never works out well.
    Kid wasn?t on the team-no longer a player of Mississippi State. He wanted a pay day and he will now be at La Tech because of the way he has handled things. It?s even worse for him trying to double down. There is a reason the video got in public so he couldn?t try to spin it anymore. Everything has blown up on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    No he won't lose the fan base & he isn't losing the locker room. You people are unbearable & so biased against Leach it isn't even funny. These kids & obviously grown ups as well are soft as fkn Charmin & it's the reason we're living in such a soft ass world where people want to cancel anyone for anything today.
    I'm closer to the athletes than you are. Been there, done that, and still in the know of the locker room. Leach is outdated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I'm closer to the athletes than you are. Been there, done that, and still in the know of the locker room. Leach is outdated
    Great, tell us how you don't like leach. Outdated because he was mean????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    I have seen the video. If that?s the worse that?s ever been said to him, he is soft. I have had way worse things said to me by coaches in middle school and high school ball. Hell I had Saban and Hev cuss me out at two different camps.

And the recording was done after Dillion Johnson informed the coaches he was leaving. Not before hand. The kid had 138 touches last year and only 3 TDs. You can replace that in the portal easily. Just like the NFL, RBs are a dime dozen.

Some of our fans just have an agenda. They don?t like our coaches not chewing out players but when we do it?s not cool to do that. Deion tells a whole team to get out and is praised. We try to upgrade our offense and our fans think it?s terrible even though everyone here complains about lack of playmakers.
    Yet his tweet insinuated that it was because of what was said that he was leaving. "With that being said, since I am not very tough, and Leach is glad I'm leaving, I will be entering my name into the transfer portal..." I see he also took down the tweet advertising his tell all stream at 1pm unless I'm missing it somehow.

vCash
    I also have been around the those guys from 2012-2015. And this isn?t bad at all. Wanna know bad? How about Mullen encouraging the defense to hit Dak in practice in the middle of season. Then when Grant Harris knocked the crap out of Dak and started a brawl, Mullen was on the 50 laughing.

I guess Saban is also outdated because he cusses at players and talks down on them too?

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    I literally know LEADERS on the team in the locker room right now & you are wrong. The culture in that locker room was amazing one week ago & will be again when the cancers that recently popped up are all gone. These players are getting horrible advice & trying to cause trouble. & Mean ole Leach will deal with it.

But let's be honest here, by outdated you mean he should be soft as shit on the players. Just go ahead and say it. The very reason the world is so fked up today. No discipline & entitlement.

Like I said we better hope there's no Dillon Johnson's on the basketball team. By your standards Jans should be considered a serial killer. Leach is a pansy compared to Jans.
    Last edited by 662dawg; 12-08-2022 at 12:04 PM.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Yet his tweet insinuated that it was because of what was said that he was leaving. "With that being said, since I am not very tough, and Leach is glad I'm leaving, I will be entering my name into the transfer portal..." I see he also took down the tweet advertising his tell all stream at 1pm unless I'm missing it somehow.
    Exactly. This is all you need to know. The guy wasn't being honest & used this as an excuse for his way out bc he felt bad. And so many of our ignorant fan base fell for it. He will likely be a backup at most power 5 schools or he can go to southern miss or La Tech & maybe share playing time. Unbelievable.

Btw there's a reason we HAD to throw the ball a lot on 3rd or 4th & short.

vCash
    I have seen the video. If that?s the worse that?s ever been said to him, he is soft. I have had way worse things said to me by coaches in middle school and high school ball. Hell I had Saban and Hev cuss me out at two different camps.

And the recording was done after Dillion Johnson informed the coaches he was leaving. Not before hand. The kid had 138 touches last year and only 3 TDs. You can replace that in the portal easily. Just like the NFL, RBs are a dime dozen.

Some of our fans just have an agenda. They don?t like our coaches not chewing out players but when we do it?s not cool to do that. Deion tells a whole team to get out and is praised. We try to upgrade our offense and our fans think it?s terrible even though everyone here complains about lack of playmakers.
    Good post. Some do want Leach gone no matter what and are hoping he fails, regardless of what they say. This offense ain't their kind of football.

vCash
    You gone help DJ out when he does not end up on a power 5 level team too? He's lucky that Marks was injured or he'd been standing on the sideline more. I know a couple the players too and they both are pissed as pure F*CK at the childish behavior of DJ as well as a couple others. In my opinion, DJ never was an SEC caliber RB but he got PT due to playing hard and being gritty. I wonder what he will think when he lands at a sun belt school? Is that gone pay good?

vCash
    Leach and his old school mentality had better calm down or he'll lose the fan base next. He's already losing the locker room. This isn't Washington state. He's becoming the lunatic Texas Tech coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    In my opinion, DJ never was an SEC caliber RB but he got PT due to playing hard and being gritty.
    This is the kind of bs that makes your opinion, well, bs. Playing hard and being gritty equals soft. GTFOH

vCash
    nm
    Last edited by Catfish; 12-08-2022 at 01:14 PM.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    This is the kind of bs that makes your opinion, well, bs. Playing hard and being gritty equals soft. GTFOH
    You can play hard & gritty & still be mentally soft... Its not even uncommon in sports. It's one reason why so many talented athletes never make it.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    We sure do have a bunch of folks "in the know" who seem to be conflicting each other. If you're more upset about a player that's leaving getting upset and their feelings hurt than supporting the rest of the team, that seems odd to me. The ones crowing the loudest have had nothing good to say about the staff and certain players all year long. At least be honest enough to admit you want Leach to fail no matter the cost to the university. I can respect honesty. I can't respect people who lie and create agendas because you think your JV football days at Houlka or Independence qualifies you as an expert.

vCash
    28 played football for miss state

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    You can play hard & gritty & still be mentally soft... Its not even uncommon in sports. It's one reason why so many talented athletes never make it.
    I'm guessing it's probably something along these lines ... but don't really know. IMO DJ was our best back, had the best vision, and was the hardest to bring down. But after his injury something may have changed. We have no idea how badly he was really hurt or how he handled that. And there may be other mental aspects like you're talking about.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And I'm assuming all these other guys did as well? Because I'm not even remotely buying everyone here claiming to know knows shit.

vCash
    I also have been around the those guys from 2012-2015. And this isn?t bad at all. Wanna know bad? How about Mullen encouraging the defense to hit Dak in practice in the middle of season. Then when Grant Harris knocked the crap out of Dak and started a brawl, Mullen was on the 50 laughing.

I guess Saban is also outdated because he cusses at players and talks down on them too?
    Saban and Leach are not in the same stratosphere. Saban has also changed his philosophy and coaching style.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When? In 1970? Bc he doesn't know shit about the current program. I can say that with 100% fact & commerce & others can probably tell you the same. The culture of the locker room was very good until a few days ago. The problems are being handled. Two are already out.