Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody and DJ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    You still going to be asking that smart a$$ question when the entirety of our skill positions leave and we have a bunch of scrubs to replace them? Cause right now that's more likely than the opposite.
    damn I thought 7 was a negative 17er--hell he is a sunshine pumper compared to You. How can you Coach anything with your attitude.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    damn I thought 7 was a negative 17er--hell he is a sunshine pumper compared to You. How can you Coach anything with your attitude.?
    Well...we really don't know if he coaches at all. This is the internet where you can say (post) anything.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And then Saturday you watch Max Duggan's performance.
    Will, will never play like Max---that is a foolish comparison. Ya'll do understand we just won 8 games with Will at the QB position. probably going to Win 9. Did I scream at Will for some of the stuff He did--sure. But he also did some pretty damn good things--but you negative nellies refuse to give Him any credit. if someone can beat Will out--fine. Play them. But I don't see that happening. I hope Will works hard and corrects some of the things he did poorly---But he will never play like Max Duggan.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If he was injured, seems like etsu game wouldve been a shorter outing
    Oh I agree. Just watch film of the kid though and tell me his arm didn't physically regress. Injury makes the most sense.

Hell by Leach's standards, Will missed a hell of a lot of gametime in that one so he may actually be inured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Well...we really don't know if he coaches at all. This is the internet where you can say (post) anything.
    and some can fart Volare'.

vCash
    Will, will never play like Max---that is a foolish comparison. Ya'll do understand we just won 8 games with Will at the QB position. probably going to Win 9. Did I scream at Will for some of the stuff He did--sure. But he also did some pretty damn good things--but you negative nellies refuse to give Him any credit. if someone can beat Will out--fine. Play them. But I don't see that happening. I hope Will works hard and corrects some of the things he did poorly---But he will never play like Max Duggan.
    Running for a 1st down on 4th and 7 ain't asking for much Hoss. I wasn't comparing Will to Max but, shit, I expect a starting SEC QB to be built to gut it out.

I'm pretty sure Will got injured before the Kentucky game, my guess LSU, and it's been known only to a very few people on the team. After that LSU game he has been a different QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I really did beat Red Beaulieu in the Bourbon Bowl though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We can and we can't. The burden on our staff is too much with the portal business added to it. Getting guys is a lot easier than replacing production. Now, if we had money to burn and a slightly better brand name it might be manageable looking ahead, but this isn't going to work. That's my opinion.

It's like we have to recruit players that can start for us, and win for us, but aren't good enough for anyone else to want. That's the insanity we are dealing with.
    Last paragraph is 100% truth. If Dak was 8 years younger and his 2014 season was in '22, he'd literally be entertaining $2M 1 year deals from OSU, UGA, etc and this board would be melting down.

December Richardson is a solid player, but he's no elite stud. The fact we have to fend off P5 offers for him means we can't ever have stud level talent return for another year unless he is very loyal or we come up with a TON of NIL. Which won't happen, we will never compete with the big players in money. We should not have to throw NIL money at midling DBs to field a secondary.

"OH but well just go use the portal ourselves to replace them, so it's all good" oh yeah? Well who's in the portal? Guys that got passed up by the programs that poached our guys. How can we beat those programs woth players they don't want?

vCash
    We had to fend off teams for Forbes and marks last year. Forbes was loyal. Hat tip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    I really did beat Red Beaulieu in the Bourbon Bowl though.
    Taking credit for your star LB, I see***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Running for a 1st down on 4th and 7 ain't asking for much Hoss. I wasn't comparing Will to Max but, shit, I expect a starting SEC QB to be built to gut it out.

I'm pretty sure Will got injured before the Kentucky game, my guess LSU, and it's been known only to a very few people on the team. After that LSU game he has been a different QB.
    Running for a first down on 4th and 7 might be ok for some—but Will is not a runner. I would have rather for him to,have just threw it up on 4th down . If they intercept it -fine like a punt. But maybe we catch it or get a PI. That was a stupid play.

vCash
    Running for a first down on 4th and 7 might be ok for some—but Will is not a runner. I would have rather for him to,have just threw it up on 4th down . If they intercept it -fine like a punt. But maybe we catch it or get a PI. That was a stupid play.
    And if he had gotten blown up on that play, you'd have just as many people screaming about why was he running and risking getting hurt when we don't have adequate back ups ready***.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Neither are going to the portal. One may go to the draft. And he has valid reasons for it.

The Qb that yall wanna blame it on his the sole reason they get the carries they get. Which was more than ever this year btw. He calls them. Who would want to play in an offense that you get more touches than any other position combined? What a bad offense for a RB.

Good call on neither going to the portal.

vCash
    DJ officially in the transfer portal. And his little blurb on Twitter is pretty heavy.

He says Leach says he's glad he's leaving and that he's not tough.

Very interesting.

vCash
    Wow. Shots fired. This guy's is definitely the opposite of "not tough". Yeah, wtf...

vCash
    That sucks. DJ is a great kid and I think he can carry the load at an SEC school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    And if this is how Mike handled it, he might as well go ahead and retire, because he's a ****ing dinosaur if true. A stupid one at that.
    Given the lack of professionalism and maturity DJ showed in that Tweet, why would we trust him not to be giving and extremely slanted and inaccurate summary of what happened?

vCash
    Damn. Talk about going out scorched earth.