Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So many QBs in the transfer portal?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Kellen Moore started in the NFL and he is the equivalent to Will Rogers now., and they both will end up doing the same thing for a living.
    Are you saying Will is an NFL QB? Did you not see him run backwards 20 yards against Ole Miss. if Ole Miss hadnt tackled him he may have run out of the back of the endzone.
    Also you have to think him running out of bounds after 3 yards on 4th and 7 probably lost him some teammates respect.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 12-06-2022 at 08:00 AM.

vCash
    I literally just told you I would love it if we got a really good qb transfer. Nobody on here outside of Bucky wouldn't be excited. I hope Parson comes in here and takes the job even. I realize Will is not built to be a running threat in this league and he doesn't use his legs at all. But don't exaggerate it - my Arkansas and Texas A&M neighbors all look forward to the day he graduates as they did Fitz. So it aint everybody outside our fanbase.
    What I'm trying to tell you is that it is as much on our offensive coordinator as it is on our QB. The OC is blaming receivers after every game and you don't see him throwing will under the bus. The OC needs to make some adjustments to take some of the responsibility off the QB (we need to truly establish a run game). We need a good TE worst than we need a new QB in my opinion.
    There is a reason why we are looking at adding 2-3 receivers in the portal. The QB always gets all the blame. The reality is both should get some of the blame. If we move Tulu to the slot it will be way more productive than any TE we could ever get unless they are the next Gronkowski. Our slot receivers are more like possession receivers. They don't get very much after the catch. Walley has been inconsistent for most of his career with drops but he has gotten better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    There is a reason why we are looking at adding 2-3 receivers in the portal. The QB always gets all the blame. The reality is both should get some of the blame. If we move Tulu to the slot it will be way more productive than any TE we could ever get unless they are the next Gronkowski. Our slot receivers are more like possession receivers. They don't get very much after the catch. Walley has been inconsistent for most of his career with drops but he has gotten better.
    Not having a TE in the air raid is a mystery, well maybe not to Leach but.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Are you saying Will is an NFL QB? Did you not see him run backwards 20 yards against Ole Miss. if Ole Miss hadnt tackled him he may have run out of the back of the endzone.
    Also you have to think him running out of bounds after 3 yards on 4th and 7 probably lost him some teammates respect.
    No, I just said that he's going to turn into a coach. What I was saying is just because you start in the NFL doesn't mean that you could've killed it in this league. Kellen Moore started in the NFL and he is no better than Will Rogers in college. The only reason he even made it is because he played in a different league.

vCash
    Todd - the reason we need a tight end is more for the running game. Totally different than having a slot receiver.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I literally just told you I would love it if we got a really good qb transfer. Nobody on here outside of Bucky wouldn't be excited. I hope Parson comes in here and takes the job even. I realize Will is not built to be a running threat in this league and he doesn't use his legs at all. But don't exaggerate it - my Arkansas and Texas A&M neighbors all look forward to the day he graduates as they did Fitz. So it aint everybody outside our fanbase.
    What I'm trying to tell you is that it is as much on our offensive coordinator as it is on our QB. The OC is blaming receivers after every game and you don't see him throwing will under the bus. The OC needs to make some adjustments to take some of the responsibility off the QB (we need to truly establish a run game). We need a good TE worst than we need a new QB in my opinion.
    Yes, he played well against Arkansas and A&M (we also had 14 points on special teams/defense against A&M). That doesn't change any of my statement. I don't disagree that we have to change our offense. We are about to possibly lose Woody and/or DJ if they don't get some assurances that we are going to run the ball more.

vCash
    Our QB doesn't get enough blame. He has people constantly defending him saying the WR's and OL are always at fault for his woes when the reality is completely the opposite. The numbers and video evidence bear that out.

vCash
    No, I just said that he's going to turn into a coach. What I was saying is just because you start in the NFL doesn't mean that you could've killed it in this league. Kellen Moore started in the NFL and he is no better than Will Rogers in college. The only reason he even made it is because he played in a different league.
    Will Rogers couldn't sniff Kellen Moore's jock strap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Yes, he played well against Arkansas and A&M (we also had 14 points on special teams/defense against A&M). That doesn't change any of my statement. I don't disagree that we have to change our offense. We are about to possibly lose Woody and/or DJ if they don't get some assurances that we are going to run the ball more.
    Ok I think we honestly agree on most of this then I just am to the point I won't be optimistic until I see some adjustments within the scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Our QB doesn't get enough blame. He has people constantly defending him saying the WR's and OL are always at fault for his woes when the reality is completely the opposite. The numbers and video evidence bear that out.
    This is accurate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    I'm not a Will defender by any stretch of the imagination but on here Will by far gets blamed more than WR and OL. It's not even close. Or Leach gets blamed and that's still by far more than WR and OL. The vast majority have been positive about our OL play.

I'm not talking about stupid crap people may say during a game thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I'm not a Will defender by any stretch of the imagination but on here Will by far gets blamed more than WR and OL. It's not even close. Or Leach gets blamed and that's still by far more than WR and OL. The vast majority have been positive about our OL play.

I'm not talking about stupid crap people may say during a game thread.
    Playing QB just comes with criticizing, it's like this at every level. You just have to be able to lock it out, Will does this pretty well as it seems. I'm sure it bothers him and others but it's always on to the next play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Playing QB just comes with criticizing, it's like this at every level. You just have to be able to lock it out, Will does this pretty well as it seems. I'm sure it bothers him and others but it's always on to the next play.
    I absolutely agree. And I really don't have problem with it, when warranted. Will has warranted criticism, no question. So has Leach. But I just don't see what that poster was stating that WR and OL have gotten more blame. I don't agree with that. Unless he meant only Will big defenders doing that but in general across the board, Will gets more blame than other position groups on the board.

vCash
    I?m old enough to Remember last year when Will was more bold in the pocket, more decisive, more accurate and more effective, yet we lost one more game. Something happened. I don?t know if he got complacent because he had no real competition for the job and knew he wasn?t coming out no matter how inconsistent or indecisive he was. Or if he got hit so hard a couple of times that he became gun shy. But he did get us enough points to edge out the Rebels and I am happy about that.

The Bowl game against a Top 15 defense may tell us more about where Will is going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I?m old enough to Remember last year when Will was more bold in the pocket, more decisive, more accurate and more effective, yet we lost one more game. Something happened. I don?t know if he got complacent because he had no real competition for the job and knew he wasn?t coming out no matter how inconsistent or indecisive he was. Or if he got hit so hard a couple of times that he became gun shy. But he did get us enough points to edge out the Rebels and I am happy about that.

The Bowl game against a Top 15 defense may tell us more about where Will is going forward.
    Personally, I think he's trying too hard to be perfect. He is going thru a ton of progressions and in most cases -even against strong defenses - he has time to throw. He needs to get a little gunslinger in him and make throws.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Not to mention, he was playing with second/third strings across the board. I am telling you, we should have given Sawyer that entire dang game. Road our running game and let him make some throws. We still would have won, but you would get Sawyer literally 3 backup seasons worth of snaps at one time.

Dude literally threw more TDs in one state championship game, than Will could ever dream of in a nonconference high school tune up game. The kid can play football, he just needs meaningful snaps and practice time that means something.
    Agreed, I'd like to see him with the 1st team

vCash
    DJ leaving has absolutely nothing to do with Will or assurances. Not a thing. Our QB that deserves all the blame and couldnt start for Starkville academy calls 95 percent of our runs. Our RBs get the ball more than any other position combined. This is just blatantly false information.

I will pull a 34 and tell yall what I said when Sawyer signed here. He was more likely to play baseball here than he was to start at QB. Texas HSFB is not what you think it is.

vCash
    But there is a QB in the portal that could elevate us above where Will?s physical ability has us. Agree?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I will pull a 34 and tell yall what I said when Sawyer signed here. He was more likely to play baseball here than he was to start at QB. Texas HSFB is not what you think it is.
    Texas defense and Mississippi, Bama, Louisiana, and Georgia defenses in HS are def different. Texas usually produces a more skilled offensive player but they dont have the animals on D the Sun Belt produces
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    But there is a QB in the portal that could elevate us above where Will?s physical ability has us. Agree?
    Sure. Leary is a tough kid. He is the only one who could possibly beat Will and he would have his hands full. In this culture why would he want to go somewhere and compete or fight? This crap is a direct reflection of society