Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So many QBs in the transfer portal?.

vCash

So many QBs in the transfer portal?.

Gotta be 1 we?d bring in?.after watching TCU I got excited about what our offense could look like.

vCash
    I don't know why people keep getting excited about this. No way a starter anywhere else comes here due to Will. My biggest fear next year is if Will gets hurt. We got nothing ready behind him and this offense hinges on the QB playing with few mistakes.

vCash
    I would grab someone if I?m Leach if he possesses the arm strength and mobility I might be looking for. And has the intellectual capacity to pick up my offense. Can?t hurt. Just my opinion.

vCash
    Leary from NC State would be a massive upgrade. We won't get him but he's the guy who gives us a shot next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    I would grab someone if I?m Leach if he possesses the arm strength and mobility I might be looking for. And has the intellectual capacity to pick up my offense. Can?t hurt. Just my opinion.
    I agree with you on that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    Gotta be 1 we?d bring in?.after watching TCU I got excited about what our offense could look like.
    I'm not sure our offense could look more different than some other team, more than TCU.

I don't think we have a designed QB run play in the playbook. TCU road Duggan's legs that second to last drive.

vCash
    Austin Reed from WKU - #2 passer in the country - just entered the portal. This is a kid we need to be on to challenge Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Leary from NC State would be a massive upgrade. We won't get him but he's the guy who gives us a shot next season.
    Saw something he is going Auburn

Hudson Card from Texas just entered

vCash
    OU just lost their stud freshman - Evers, would be a good fit as far as backup for at least one season.

Then again, you just don't know with kids these days, they find out they aren't starting and off to the portal they go.

I'm genuinely surprised Sawyer hasn't put his name in the portal, my guess is that his options may be limited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I don't know why people keep getting excited about this. No way a starter anywhere else comes here due to Will. My biggest fear next year is if Will gets hurt. We got nothing ready behind him and this offense hinges on the QB playing with few mistakes.
    Why do we need a starter?

Any QB that can make 10 yard throws is equal to Will. If such a QB can scramble, then it is an upgrade to Will.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    There are very few quarterbacks in the country that would look worse than ours did in 6 of our 8 SEC games this year. We won in spite of him against Auburn and Ole Miss and we looked like absolute dog shit against any defense with a pulse. The idea that we are in trouble if we lose Will Rogers is comical.

vCash
    Without an upgrade at QB, I just don?t see us doing any better than 7-5 next year.

Going to waste all that talent coming back on Defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    OU just lost their stud freshman - Evers, would be a good fit as far as backup for at least one season.

Then again, you just don't know with kids these days, they find out they aren't starting and off to the portal they go.

I'm genuinely surprised Sawyer hasn't put his name in the portal, my guess is that his options may be limited.
    Sawyer is not entering the portal. I don't know why everyone is trying to kick dirt on the kid. He has had very little chances in games to show anything. He hands off a majority of the time. Against ETSU he showed his ability to extend a play and get a 1st down with his feet. The WR seemed wrong on 1 pass, and the interception he threw his Olineman hit his legs. Determining this kids future based off of what the stadium experts think is misguided.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    There are very few quarterbacks in the country that would look worse than ours did in 6 of our 8 SEC games this year. We won in spite of him against Auburn and Ole Miss and we looked like absolute dog shit against any defense with a pulse. The idea that we are in trouble if we lose Will Rogers is comical.
    SEC Numbers on Will:

62.83% completion % - 7th in the SEC
    40.05% success rate - 9th in the SEC
    6.28% Explosive play rate - 11th in the SEC
    9.3 yards per completion - 12th in the SEC
    30 interceptible balls - Most in the SEC
    26.96% TD/1st Down % relative to passes thrown - 10th in the SEC
    8.85 turnover worthy play rate - Good for 4th highest in the SEC
    1.31% Big Play Percentage (over 35 yards) - Last in the SEC

Will was extremely pedestrian win it mattered most. This is all SEC QB's against SEC competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamDawg View Post
    Without an upgrade at QB, I just don?t see us doing any better than 7-5 next year.

Going to waste all that talent coming back on Defense.
    So you think we finish worse next year than we did this year? With an easier but no guarantee W of an eastern opponent and KY and OM at home?

How do you see us finishing worse?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    So you think we finish worse next year than we did this year? With an easier but no guarantee W of an eastern opponent and KY and OM at home?

4 toss up road games that we could possibly lose all 4- plus Bama and LSU at home. Even the Egg is no given with Mississippi having an experienced QB returning
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    SEC Numbers on Will:

62.83% completion % - 7th in the SEC
    40.05% success rate - 9th in the SEC
    6.28% Explosive play rate - 11th in the SEC
    9.3 yards per completion - 12th in the SEC
    30 interceptible balls - Most in the SEC
    26.96% TD/1st Down % relative to passes thrown - 10th in the SEC
    8.85 turnover worthy play rate - Good for 4th highest in the SEC
    1.31% Big Play Percentage (over 35 yards) - Last in the SEC

Will was extremely pedestrian win it mattered most. This is all SEC QB's against SEC competition.
    I am normally a stats guy, but "Interceptable Balls" sounds really suspect. Unless you qualify that with something like "balls the defense had their hands on and couldn't catch" it seem very subjective.
    Sounds like something the Clarion Ledger would make up for a headline.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I'd put us in the 6-7 win range for next season at this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post

Have you seen how badly our QB regressed against average and above competition? Unless something changes with that, it won’t matter where or who we play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    4 toss up road games that we could possibly lose all 4- plus Bama and LSU at home. Even the Egg is no given with Mississippi having an experienced QB returning
    Add TAM will be much improved as well as Aubbie and maybe Arky.