Thread: I don't get the Bama love

vCash

I don't get the Bama love

Bama getting a lot of support that they are one of the four best teams and should be in a playoff. I honestly don't understand it. They are a good team. But very beatable. They got beat by two teams that weren't good enough to make the playoff. I don't disagree that they could possibly beat anyone outside Georgia but the same can be said of several other teams that didn't make the playoff (South Carolina for one).

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Alabama would beat South Carolina 8 times out of 10.
    Alabama would beat most teams 8 times out of 10, except maybe Michigan and Georgia, and both of those would be 50/50.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    That Bama team is getting attention for one reason only. Their jerseys say Alabama. It’s funny everyone saying how they are so close to being 12-0 but not acknowledging they are just as close to 7-5 as well. Texas, aTm and Ole Miss very well could have beat them. It went down to the very end in all 3 of those games. I get people being annoyed with Ohio State making the playoff by not making their conference title game, but then the same thing can be said about Bama. Also shouldn’t Tennessee get the nudge over Bama anyway? Same record and Tennessee beat them. If anyone has any complaint about Ohio State getting in it should be Tennessee or USC not Bama. USC has a case to say if they hadn’t played in the conference title game they should be there and the only reason they aren’t is because they had to play in a championship game. Bama should technically be ranked 7th

vCash
    FEI:
    Ohio st #3
    Bama #5
    Tcu #10

FPI:
    Bama #2
    Ohio st #3
    Tcu #10

Can't get S&P

I know why tcu got in, but they're the fraud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    FEI:
    Ohio st #3
    Bama #5
    Tcu #10

FPI:
    Bama #2
    Ohio st #3
    Tcu #10

Can't get S&P

Baylor had TCU but couldn't finish. Regardless, this isn't a good Bama team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That Bama team is getting attention for one reason only. Their jerseys say Alabama. It’s funny everyone saying how they are so close to being 12-0 but not acknowledging they are just as close to 7-5 as well. Texas, aTm and Ole Miss very well could have beat them. It went down to the very end in all 3 of those games. I get people being annoyed with Ohio State making the playoff by not making their conference title game, but then the same thing can be said about Bama. Also shouldn’t Tennessee get the nudge over Bama anyway? Same record and Tennessee beat them. If anyone has any complaint about Ohio State getting in it should be Tennessee or USC not Bama. USC has a case to say if they hadn’t played in the conference title game they should be there and the only reason they aren’t is because they had to play in a championship game. Bama should technically be ranked 7th
    Most years a 10-2 Bama team would playing an SEC West schedule and playing at UTexas out of conference would be much more deserving than a 11-1 OSU team that got blown out at home.

I think they're still arguably more deserving just because they only had two squeaker losses against good teams on the road, but Bama doesn't really have a marquee win. Their best wins are either us at home, UTex on the road, or Ole Miss on the road. The SEC West was down and they drew Vandy as one of their opponents from the east. It just wasn't the usual juggernaut for Bama.

OSU at least has PSU. I'm not sure how much better PSU is than any of Bama's top three wins, but it looks better simply because of the record.

vCash
    FEI:
    Ohio st #3
    Bama #5
    Tcu #10

FPI:
    Bama #2
    Ohio st #3
    Tcu #10

Can't get S&P

Yup. I'm not extremely bothered by TCU getting in. There's just not enough cross conference play to definitively keep a conference championship like them out, but the best argument I have for keeping them out is they didn't play a decent OOC team. I know they play 9 Big 12 games, but you know some of those are going to be cupcakes. I wish they would punish teams for not scheduling a good OOC matchup. If you want to be considered for a chamionship slot when you're not undefeated, you need something on your resume to me to justify putting you in over teams from other conferences.

vCash
    don’t loss 2 games during the regular season
    **** off Bama

vCash
    Alabama was 3 plays away from being 7-5 and would likely still have an FPI at #5 or just under it

The committee is correct to award actual results over how good a team theoretically is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Alabama was 3 plays away from being 7-5 and would likely still have an FPI at #5 or just under it

The committee is correct to award actual results over how good a team theoretically is.
    I don't have a problem with the 4 teams, but I do feel Georgia got screwed by having to play a superior team than Michigan

vCash
    I don't have a problem with the 4 teams, but I do feel Georgia got screwed by having to play a superior team than Michigan
    Michigan would have been screwed to have to play a team it already beat convincingly as if that didn't even happen. There's no totally fair way to do it, unfortunately, other than just seed the top 4 by deservingness and let the chips falls.

vCash
    Here's a fun one: if Ohio State barely beats Michigan in the championship game, is there a case for AP voters to rank Michigan #1?

I say no because the precedent of "whoever wins the CFP is the national champion, period" should be maintained (and that never happens in other sports even when there is a MUCH clear justification), but I can see the argument otherwise.

vCash
    The media loves Nick Saban and Alabama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

Two teams FPI loves ... Bama and OM. ESPN has special algorithms for calculating their FPIs.

vCash
    People say they are 2 plays from being undefeated. They are also 2 plays from being 8-4. Eat shit and die, bama trash.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.