Thread: Auburn is hiring Ole Miss's OL coach

vCash

Auburn is hiring Ole Miss's OL coach

And on cue, all the Ole Miss fans in the comments are talking about how he was trash anyway, hahahah. He had the #1 rushing offense in the league! But he's "trash". All of them are saying "Pass blocking was horrible, Dart had no time"....Dart is not a good passer...it had little to do with time.

It's hilarious watching them try and convince themselves and others that they are somehow superior to Auburn and others in the league. And several people are confirming that Auburn chose not to go with Kiffin...not vice versa...so Ole Miss just gave a financially irresponsible contract to Auburn's plan B, that went 8-4 and lost 4 of his last 5.

Again, Kiffin is a good coach, I totally feel that way...but watching the Confederates try to spin the last two weeks into something it wasn't, is pretty par for the course. And losing that OL coach should hurt unless they get a solid replacement.

vCash
    You'll never convince me freeze isn't doing this somewhat out of spite. I would be surprised if he doesn't come after one of our coaches/recruits

vCash
    The fact that they are paying a coach 9 million per year, in their minds, makes them a blue blood. Never mind they finished the season unranked.

I associate with 2 who are very reasonable people in all things not olemiss. They were having nothing more to do with football after the egg bowl, not so much because of the loss, but because it looked like they were losing Kiffin and probably several players. Now that things have calmed down, they are more smug than before their losing skid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You'll never convince me freeze isn't doing this somewhat out of spite. I would be surprised if he doesn't come after one of our coaches/recruits
    I think he is coming after Arnett.

vCash
    He's definitely going to come after MS recruits.

vCash
    I'm sure he'll come after our recruits if he wants them but it seems more personal with Ole Miss. He's already taken a shot at them in an interview and now hiring the OL coach.
    The week before and after the OM-Auburn game next year should be fun.
    Last edited by LC Dawg; 12-04-2022 at 07:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He's definitely going to come after MS recruits.
    Should have never let that douchebag back in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I'm sure he'll come after our recruits if he wants them but it seems more personal with Ole Miss. He's already taken a shot at them in an interview and now hiring the OL coach.
    The week before and after the OM-Auburn game next year should be fun.
    I have no idea why he would be mad at Ole Miss. his situation could and should have been worse without them covering everything up.

Oh that's right Hugh Freeze is a narcissist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I have no idea why he would be mad at Ole Miss. his situation could and should have been worse without them covering everything up.

Exactly what i was thinking. If it weren’t for touhy and olemiss, he would still be coaching h.s. or maybe juco. He was willing to do their bidding so they took care of him and overlooked and covered up his stupidity until they couldn’t anymore.

And, he was in the super secret olemiss booster meeting when they first hired Kiffin and were presumably telling Kiffin how things work there. It looked like he was part of their inner circle.

vCash
    It's being reported that Freeze has offered Derrick Nix the OC job at Auburn. When you consider that Freeze is really the OC it looks like he is really telling Ole Miss to go **** themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    It's being reported that Freeze has offered Derrick Nix the OC job at Auburn. When you consider that Freeze is really the OC it looks like he is really telling Ole Miss to go **** themselves.
    Well considering Derrick Nix is a defensive coach...that's a bold strategy Cotton.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    The fact that they are paying a coach 9 million per year, in their minds, makes them a blue blood. Never mind they finished the season unranked.

I associate with 2 who are very reasonable people in all things not olemiss. They were having nothing more to do with football after the egg bowl, not so much because of the loss, but because it looked like they were losing Kiffin and probably several players. Now that things have calmed down, they are more smug than before their losing skid.
    Not much happiness/enthusiasm on their web sites over going to Texas Bowl. Big drop from 7-0, top 10, and headed to the playoffs. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Well considering Derrick Nix is a defensive coach...that's a bold strategy Cotton.***
    Umm, Derrick is the WR coach and asst. head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Umm, Derrick is the WR coach and asst. head coach.
    Ha. I'm an idiot, was thinking of Tyrone

vCash
    You can 100% bet he will. He is going to be a problem. We will lose a big WR to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

They absolutely turned him into a scapegoat for the rogue boasters - there is a lot more to the story than what ol Steve wants to act like he knows.

vCash
    Wonder if Freeze needs a ST coach, except for KO and punt returns? ****
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-04-2022 at 09:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    They absolutely turned him into a scapegoat for the rogue boasters - there is a lot more to the story than what ol Steve wants to act like he knows.
    Seems somewhat mutually beneficial for both to just have Freeze be the scapegoat.

When that investigation started...excuse me when they had that out of control recruiting weekend with Nkemdiche and Chris Jones it was only a matter of time before their house of cards fell. You don't mess with Alabama, Notre Dame, Georgia, Clemson, and Texas over recruits and get away with it.

Someone had to go down - and their boosters have nowhere to go.

vCash
    They lost a safety commit on Sunday. He flipped to Missouri. I think that is his home state or near there.