Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is for all you Leach haters.........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Congrats, he's maintaining our mediocre to average standing in college football. Considering that his offense was supposed to be special, and help elevate this program above what we've been doing, I'm not impressed.
    That's the Eric I remember.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Congrats, he's maintaining our mediocre to average standing in college football. Considering that his offense was supposed to be special, and help elevate this program above what we've been doing, I'm not impressed.
    22 out of 130 teams is mediocre?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If that's the case, then leach needs to fix it. This is the portal age, you don't have to wait on a HS kid
    Which is why we're trying to add receivers to the team through the portal and are looking to add another QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Which is why we're trying to add receivers to the team through the portal and are looking to add another QB.
    This ^^^^ makes me happy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    This ^^^^ makes me happy
    Try not to get too excited. As 99 pointed out, we all know Will is the starter next year. I just hope he is better next season and has a hell of a year. Maybe a couple new receivers will help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Try not to get too excited. As 99 pointed out, we all know Will is the starter next year. I just hope he is better next season and has a hell of a year. Maybe a couple new receivers will help.
    I definitely will not get too excited if he is our starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    I definitely will not get too excited if he is our starter.
    Lol. I understand.

vCash
    That's good news. I don't know who should shoulder the blame for offensive regression, and I don't care... just fix it bc our returnees on D should allow for a really nice season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's good news. I don't know who should shoulder the blame for offensive regression, and I don't care... just fix it bc our returnees on D should allow for a really nice season
    Things like that are typically more than one thing to blame.

Some of it is Will. Some of it is the receivers- they dropped a ton of passes. Leach could have moved Tulu to the slot which I think would improve us significantly. Some of it was Dillion getting injured after Kentucky. Some of it was playing Alabama and LSU on the road and Georgia.

I think we're very close though. But we have work to do in the portal at WR, S and K/P. And could use another legit EDGE rusher or two.

vCash
    Things like that are typically more than one thing to blame.

Some of it is Will. Some of it is the receivers- they dropped a ton of passes. Leach could have moved Tulu to the slot which I think would improve us significantly. Some of it was Dillion getting injured after Kentucky. Some of it was playing Alabama and LSU on the road and Georgia.

I think we're very close though. But we have work to do in the portal at WR, S and K/P. And could use another legit EDGE rusher or two.
    NOTHING will change with our offense if Rogers doesn't get better as a downfield passer. Leach has never really had a mobile QB but on his better TT and WSU teams he always had a QB that could burn you down the field if the defense didn't protect the back end. Will can't really do that. His lack of arm strength and accuracy throwing deeper passes keeps everything with our offense happening within 20 yards of the LOS. That really compresses the area of the field the defense has to focus on covering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    final CFP rankings........ go 17 urselves!

1. Georgia Bulldogs 13-0 (1)
    2. Michigan Wolverines 13-0 (2)
    3. TCU Horned Frogs 12-1 (3)
    4. Ohio State Buckeyes 11-1 (5)
    5. Alabama Crimson Tide 10-2 (6)
    6. Tennessee Volunteers 10-2 (7)
    7. Clemson Tigers 11-2 (9)
    8. Utah Utes 10-3 (11)
    9. Kansas State Wildcats 10-3 (10)
    10. USC Trojans 11-2 (4)

11. Penn State Nittany Lions 10-2 (8)
    12. Washington Huskies 10-2 (12)
    13. Florida State Seminoles 9-3 (13)
    14. Oregon State Beavers 9-3 (15)
    15. Oregon Ducks 9-3 (16)

16. Tulane Green Wave 11-2 (18)
    17. LSU Tigers 9-4 (14)
    18. UCLA Bruins 9-3 (17)
    19. South Carolina Gamecocks 8-4 (19)
    20. Texas Longhorns 8-4 (20)
    21. Notre Dame Fighting Irish 9-3 (21)
    22. Mississippi State Bulldogs 8-4 (24)
    23. NC State Wolfpack 8-4 (25)
    24. Troy Trojans 11-2 (NR)
    25. UTSA Roadrunners 11-2 (NR)
    Good season, now lets win a bowl game against a lesser opponent.

Something for you - start being an MSU fan instead of a Leach fan or pusher. This is the MSU board not the Mike Leach board and I don't hate Leach but love MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Something for you - start being an MSU fan instead of a Leach fan or pusher. This is the MSU board not the Mike Leach board and I don't hate Leach but love MSU.
    Some folks like to throw the 'hate' word around when it doesn't apply at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Excellent post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    This ^^^^ makes me happy
    We're going to try to find another QB but

A. That doesn't mean we're looking to replace Will

B. It's going to be hard to find someone that is actually legitimately better than him in the portal.

C. We need another QB for depth purposes. But because of A and B it's going to have to be a fit. We're probably talking about a FCS QB who wants a shot at the SEC and wants to play for Leach hoping to parlay that into a coaching job potentially if winning the QB job doesn't work out or a guy who is a sophomore in eligibility.

vCash
    We shouldn’t need a QB for depth- we have Rogers, Greek, Robertson, Locke, and Weir. Only way you bring in a QB is to compete for the job or you aren’t happy with your QB room.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We shouldn’t need a QB for depth- we have Rogers, Greek, Robertson, Locke, and Weir. Only way you bring in a QB is to compete for the job or you aren’t happy with your QB room.
    I guess here is where the disconnect is:

Leach-Lovers try to act like he has already matched where Mullen had the program- which is not true. They try to bring down Mullen by saying "Mullen only averaged 7 wins at State...blah blah blah". This is Leach's 1st 8 win season- achieved in Y3- while Mullen did it in Y2.

In truth- Mullen won 8 or more games 5 times and in 3 of his 4 last seasons. Plus, he had built 2018's team into a special one. Mullen had really built the program up and his leaving really hurt considering his replacement was sub-par.

Leach may get it back to that point- but it's not there yet.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Leach-Lovers try to act like he has already matched where Mullen had the program- which is not true. They try to bring down Mullen by saying "Mullen only averaged 7 wins at State...blah blah blah". This is Leach's 1st 8 win season- achieved in Y3- while Mullen did it in Y2.

In truth- Mullen won 8 or more games 5 times and in 3 of his 4 last seasons. Plus, he had built 2018's team into a special one. Mullen had really built the program up and his leaving really hurt considering his replacement was sub-par.

IF Leach wins the bowl his first three seasons would be about the equivalent of Dan's first three at MSU win wise. Difference basically would be switching years 2 and 3 win totals. Which is also about the equivalent of Jackie's first three years as well in sheer win totals.

It's not about tearing Dan down. It's pointing out that the same people who are complaining about Leach are also some of the same praising Dan for basically the same results or very close to it.

vCash

Missed the year Mullen played an all SEC schedule... but I'm sure Mullen would've been 8-2 that year.** Leach basically won 8 in two normal seasons as well. Four OOC games in 2020 and he probably would've done it year one.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 12-04-2022 at 11:55 PM.

vCash

100% true. Leach still got ways to go to achieve where Mullen had the program. Really don't understand anyone not being able to see this. Got nothing to do with love or hate Mullen or Leach.

While next year many are predicting the "Big" year and maybe it will be. It will not be easy. Aub, TAMU will be improved and maybe LSU and OM. Not sure about Ark. We got a rising USC. We are two plays from being 6-6 this year in the golden year of Leach football.

Hail State and hope we go 12-0 next year. I pull not State and not a coach.

vCash
    I'm expecting someone(s) to transfer out.

We need someone that can push Will like a Jack Abraham type. We also need someone who we can put in when Will has his lulls.