Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is for all you Leach haters.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I guess here is This is Leach's 1st 8 win season- achieved in Y3- while Mullen did it in Y2.

Leach may get it back to that point- but it's not there yet.
    Ok, let's talk about Y3 then. What is the excuse for Mullen's Y3? He Had to beat a terrible OM team to get bowl eligible at 6-6 and went 2-6 in the SEC.

Leach on the other hand won 8 in the regular season and went 4-4 in the SEC in Y3, which matches Mullen's best season in that span.

So, the argument is that Mullen was superior because he had an extra win in year 2 than Leach in year 3, but don't bring up that he regressed in year 3 while Leach has improved his win totals every season 🤔

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Ok, let's talk about Y3 then. What is the excuse for Mullen's Y3? He Had to beat a terrible OM team to get bowl eligible at 6-6 and went 2-6 in the SEC.

Leach on the other hand won 8 in the regular season and went 4-4 in the SEC in Y3, which matches Mullen's best season in that span.

So, the argument is that Mullen was superior because he had an extra win in year 2 than Leach in year 3, but don't bring up that he regressed in year 3 while Leach has improved his win totals every season 🤔
    Our starting QB was hurt most of the year...imagine what this season would have been record wise if Will had missed / played hurt as much as Relf did. Heck, we had to bring in 3rd string Farve vs Ark.

ETA...The SEC West was an absolute beast in 2011 and we played ranked Georgia and Top 10 SEC East champ's SC that year too.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 12-04-2022 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    arrowdawg i don't know where you have been but go back there...that is stupid
    I was going to say the same thing. Talk about coming out of the woodwork to make a post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm expecting someone(s) to transfer out.

We need someone that can push Will like a Jack Abraham type. We also need someone who we can put in when Will has his lulls.
    Didn't Abraham transfer to MO, never to be heard from again? If someone from Greek, Roberson, Locke or Parson can't push Will someone did a poor job in the rankings, and we have done a terrible job in evaluation, recruiting, and development. How many can we keep in a position room just holding a clipboard or sitting on the bench? We will enter the Spring with 5 QB's on scholarship. Time for someone to step up. Tough, but today's NIL/Portal reality. and right on cue, new thread that Greek is transferring.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-04-2022 at 09:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Our starting QB was hurt most of the year...imagine what this season would have been record wise if Will had missed / played hurt as much as Relf did. Heck, we had to bring in 3rd string Farve vs Ark.

ETA...The SEC West was an absolute beast in 2011 and we played ranked Georgia and Top 10 SEC East champ's SC that year too.
    We beat Arky. 10-3 overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    We beat Arky. 10-3 overall.
    I'm 2011? We were blown out by Ark.

There is nothing we've seen to think we would be any better than 6-6 this year. That's just wishful thinking because we don't have a back-up QB that is close to being ready.

vCash
    I'm 2011? We were blown out by Ark.

There is nothing we've seen to think we would be any better than 6-6 this year. That's just wishful thinking because we don't have a back-up QB that is close to being ready.
    Thought you were talking 2010 .. my bad.

vCash
    No problem!

vCash

Exactly.

LSU and Bama played for the NC
    Georgia was on the schedule
    We lost alot of Seniors from 2010 and played alot of young guys- especially on the OL. Clausell and Wild Man at Center
    UPig was 11-2 that year
    We played Auburn on the road and lost on the last play of the game
    Ralph was beat up and Russell wasnt ready to play
    We still made a bowl and won it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post

So, the argument is that Mullen was superior because he had an extra win in year 2 than Leach in year 3, but don't bring up that he regressed in year 3 while Leach has improved his win totals every season ��
    Mullen is now looked on sometimes as an ex-girlfriend of many years, whom you remember the best times, but forget she dumped you. Hail state!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This seems to be the main point of confusion within the Leach debate. I love Leach as a head coach. I just wish he would fire his offensive coordinator. You can hate the offense and realize it's extremely limited while also respecting the job he has done as an overall HC.
    Yup. I like Leach the HC. I don't like Leach the OC.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I would like to know the number of completions through the season we had of more than 25 yards against SEC competition? I would say it was very few based on what I can remember. Most of our longer pass completions came against non-SEC competition. Will missed several opportunities down the field even when we had guys open against some of our better competition but the main thing is he didn't even try that many shots. We have to show teams we can be successful throwing down the field if we want to open up the area we like to operate in.
    Off the top of my head our two passing TD's in the Egg Bowl were over 20 yards. I remember us burning Arkansas and Texas A&M for deep TD's as well. We had 25 passes this year that went for 20+ yards or more in SEC play. For context that was good for 9th in the conference and 10 behind the leader which was Georgia with 35. Basically middle of the pack in the SEC. All games we had 41 which was good for 8th in the league so it doesn't appear as if we just chunked it up more against OOC play- basically it rounds out to 3 20+ completions a game and 4 20+ completions against OOC foes. We weren't really that bad all things considered compared to the rest of the league in that category. Could be better. Also, this doesn't appear to include plays of 30+, 40+, 50+ etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Didn't Abraham transfer to MO, never to be heard from again? If someone from Greek, Roberson, Locke or Parson can't push Will someone did a poor job in the rankings, and we have done a terrible job in evaluation, recruiting, and development. How many can we keep in a position room just holding a clipboard or sitting on the bench? We will enter the Spring with 5 QB's on scholarship. Time for someone to step up. Tough, but today's NIL/Portal reality. and right on cue, new thread that Greek is transferring.
    Apparently per stats Abraham actually played some for them believe it or not.

Realistically we shouldn't expect freshmen to be ready to be the back up in year one or two as a redshirt freshman. Year 3 as a RS sophomore they should be far along enough to be a quality back up. They should be ready to start as a RS junior and senior. Yes, there are exceptions like Trevor Lawrence but those are just that- exceptions.

A lot of it is a numbers game. Will technically has two years left. If Sawyer stays he may only get to start one year. He is competing with Locke who has a similar skill set. Locke being behind him and possibly beating him out would give Locke two years-maybe three to play. Sawyer put himself behind coming to campus in the fall as opposed to the winter. Greek has been beat out by Sawyer and Locke. He's leaving and would never start here barring injury. Parson isn't here yet. Lovertich I believe is leaving but he could come back with a COVID year I think but I could be wrong.

We'll see if Sawyer stays but if he doesn't beat out Locke he will leave. I don't know what his plans are our not as far as this portal cycle.

More than likely if I had to guess we'll have Will for two more years and then Locke will be next while Parson develops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Yup. I like Leach the HC. I don't like Leach the OC.
    That's why I really wish that Leach would bring in Graham Harrell as Co-OC/QB coach.

vCash

The thing is Leach doesn't get the same pass from some of our fans for playing Alabama, LSU, and Georgia this year or the COVID year.

Not saying you. Just speaking in general. Both are valid points for both coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That's why I really wish that Leach would bring in Graham Harrell as Co-OC/QB coach.
    Bringing in an OC isn't going to do much other than placate some fans on the outside because the QB has most of the freedom to call the plays.

vCash
    We also lost to Arkansas in 2010. Brutal 2OT heartbreaker.

vCash
    Apparently per stats Abraham actually played some for them believe it or not.

Realistically we shouldn't expect freshmen to be ready to be the back up in year one or two as a redshirt freshman. Year 3 as a RS sophomore they should be far along enough to be a quality back up. They should be ready to start as a RS junior and senior. Yes, there are exceptions like Trevor Lawrence but those are just that- exceptions.

A lot of it is a numbers game. Will technically has two years left. If Sawyer stays he may only get to start one year. He is competing with Locke who has a similar skill set. Locke being behind him and possibly beating him out would give Locke two years-maybe three to play. Sawyer put himself behind coming to campus in the fall as opposed to the winter. Greek has been beat out by Sawyer and Locke. He's leaving and would never start here barring injury. Parson isn't here yet. Lovertich I believe is leaving but he could come back with a COVID year I think but I could be wrong.

We'll see if Sawyer stays but if he doesn't beat out Locke he will leave. I don't know what his plans are our not as far as this portal cycle.

More than likely if I had to guess we'll have Will for two more years and then Locke will be next while Parson develops.
    I agree with everything you say, but Will had to play has a Freshman and he was rated lower than Roberson and Locke, don't know about Greek. This QB room has been over rated or very slow to develop even a reliable backup it seems.

vCash
    The thing is Leach doesn't get the same pass from some of our fans for playing Alabama, LSU, and Georgia this year or the COVID year.

Not saying you. Just speaking in general. Both are valid points for both coaches.
    Yea he doesn't get a pass at all for 2020 by those that desperately need something to point at to prove Leach is inferior to Dan in every way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    You and i both know Leach will never bench the greatest statistical passer in MSU history. The only way he rides the bench is an injury. It is what it is.
    He benched Luke Faulk as a senior