Thread: Gary Parish has MSU as his #10 team in the nation.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Gary Parish has MSU as his #10 team in the nation.

Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    10 is pretty high, I don't know if we should be that high just yet but we are definitely a top 25 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    10 is pretty high, I don't know if we should be that high just yet but we are definitely a top 25 team.
    Agree with this. Shots start falling and we will move up.

vCash
    i thought you were talking football i almost got a hard on

vCash
    I'd put us around #12 to #14 Somewhere around there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Eh...that's pretty crazy. Our sos is very bad. Awesome that we are getting this sort of press for Jans already though. Recruits will notice.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Eh...that's pretty crazy. Our sos is very bad. Awesome that we are getting this sort of press for Jans already though. Recruits will notice.
    Marquette and Utah are big wins that will go a long way for us.

This team has the potential of being a 4-seed or higher. Keep up the defense as the offense improves.

vCash
    Our sos isn't bad at all.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    If we're truly this good, then our AD and fans better find a way to put butts in seats for our home games or we may find ourselves as a stepping-stone for Jans to move to a top-level basketball school in a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Our sos isn't bad at all.
    While Marquette and Utah are good teams, the rest of our non conference schedule besides Drake, Minn and TCU is really awful. It’s through our SOS low because all the other teams are so bad. We have not played 1 single top 25 team yet although I think Marquette deserves to be considered. If we can win 2 of the 3 against Minnesota, Drake and TCU we should make the tournament though as long as we go .500 in SEC play. That will give us 20 wins on the season.

vCash
    Our OOC sos has not hurt us this year as long as we are winning them. Minnesota is a good team, we need that win though. There is no way I would have wanted a bunch of top 25 teams setup for my first year HC and perennial also ran squad.

In hindsight, I still say this schedule has been tough enough. We have a lot of moving parts to get working together. If this teams keeps up this defensive intensity and can get better at scoring, this team will be there at the end of the season dancing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Our OOC sos has not hurt us this year as long as we are winning them. Minnesota is a good team, we need that win though. There is no way I would have wanted a bunch of top 25 teams setup for my first year HC and perennial also ran squad.

In hindsight, I still say this schedule has been tough enough. We have a lot of moving parts to get working together. If this teams keeps up this defensive intensity and can get better at scoring, this team will be there at the end of the season dancing.
    For year 1 I completely agree I like this schedule. Gives Jans a chance to experiment and build excitement and get good press.

vCash
    3 SWAC schools on the schedule is unacceptable. There's no reasoning for doing that. There are directional schools in surrounding states we coulda played. Hopefully it doesn't bite it

vCash
    #5 in the initial Net rankings so not biting us yet.

vCash
    #5 in the initial Net rankings so not biting us yet.
    And it won't if we keep winning. Still not smart

vCash
    I didn't realize NET rankings were out. Here's upcoming games using NET rankings...

At minn #227
    JSU #315
    Nichols st #299
    Drake (neutral) #58

Minn and drake are critical bc of the terribly low rankings of other 2