vCash

Latest Bowl Projections

Jerry Palm - Gator vs NCST
    Athletic - Music City vs Iowa.
    24/7 - Reliaquest vs Iowa
    Sporting News - Music City vs Minnesota
    Yahoo Sports - Gator vs NCST

Fill in others as you see them.
    Last edited by starkvegasdawg; 12-04-2022 at 01:28 AM.

vCash
    It depends on SCe.

vCash
    Though Iowa would suck as the matchup, pleaseeeeeee be right 24/7. I'm not going to the Gator again
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Bleacher Report-Gator vs UNC
    Action Soorts(Brett McMurphy)-Gator vs NC State
    CFN-Gator vs NC State
    Athlon-Gator vs UNC
    ESPN(Bonagura)-Texas vs OK State
    ESPN(Schlabach)-Gator vs Notre Dame
    USA Today-Gator vs UNC
    Last edited by msudawg1200; 12-04-2022 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    Bleacher report. ReliaQuest
    But they have ole miss in Tampa. They do love ole miss. Had them ranked all year until last week and only ranked us last night.

I know the bowls are suppose to be the same level after citrus but I wood rather go to Tampa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Bleacher report. ReliaQuest
    But they have ole miss in Tampa. They do love ole miss. Had them ranked all year until last week and only ranked us last night.

I know the bowls are suppose to be the same level after citrus but I wood rather go to Tampa
    If I were listing priorities.
    1. FL bowl
    2. Anywhere but Las Vegas

vCash
    deleted

vCash
    Based on these expert predictions it appears we are going to Vegas, Houston, Memphis, Nashville, Birmingham, Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville. Me being just a message board poster, I never could have narrowed it down like that.

vCash
    Well it better be one step above OM in a better locale and time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Based on these expert predictions it appears we are going to Vegas, Houston, Memphis, Nashville, Birmingham, Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville. Me being just a message board poster, I never could have narrowed it down like that.
    lol...now that made me laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    You Win!!!! I read on here about the rumor mill saying we don't travel well and don't sell tickets. Maybe some years, but overall Msu fans travel well.

vCash
    Playoff and NY6
    Citrus

Group of 6. But Outback/Reliaquest and Gator are above the music city, liberty, Texas, and Vegas. Don't care what the league says, we all know it. The only way we should drop below the Gator is if we requested music city. Otherwise, we got screwed.

Also, the times are wacky this year because of new years being on a Sunday and not competing with nfl plus having the playoffs on Saturday. Even the dang sugar bowl is a noon game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Playoff and NY6
    Citrus

Group of 6. But Outback/Reliaquest and Gator are above the music city, liberty, Texas, and Vegas. Don't care what the league says, we all know it. The only way we should drop below the Gator is if we requested music city. Otherwise, we got screwed.

Also, the times are wacky this year because of new years being on a Sunday and not competing with nfl plus having the playoffs on Saturday. Even the dang sugar bowl is a noon game.
    Reliaquest's time slot sucks... it's during citrus and cotton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    If I were listing priorities.
    1. FL bowl
    2. Anywhere but Las Vegas
    I wouldn't mind Vegas, but it's the date, December 17. It's going to be against a pretty good, ranked PAC 12 team like Oregon State or UCLA. I just wish it was on the date it was last year, December 30. The Vegas had always been the ABC prime time game on the Saturday before Christmas. That's when it was a PAC 12/MWC tie in. The date changed last year when it became a Big 10/SEC vs PAC 12 game. I figured t would've stayed that way. For years SEC fanbases were clamoring the SEC to get a bowl with a PAC 12 team preferably in Vegas. They do, but now nobody wants to go, and I get it because of the date affecting recruiting and fewer practice days. Just change the date, and it's all good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Reliaquest's time slot sucks... it's during citrus and cotton
    Yea putting all three of those at the same time was dumb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Playoff and NY6
    Citrus

Group of 6. But Outback/Reliaquest and Gator are above the music city, liberty, Texas, and Vegas. Don't care what the league says, we all know it.
    Based on what? Which city you had rather visit? If payout=prestige then the Texas Bowl is exactly equal to the Outback and better than the Gator.

vCash
    https://businessofcollegesports.com/...ayouts-2022-23

Vegas payout is 2.9mil. Orange Mound bowl is 4.7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DesotoDog1967 View Post
    https://businessofcollegesports.com/...ayouts-2022-23

Vegas payout is 2.9mil. Orange Mound bowl is 4.7
    Speaking of payouts, is this correct regarding the SEC? The participating team gets 30% of the payout and the rest is split equally between each team and the league office. I know it's all split equally but I'm not sure of the % the participating team gets to keep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Based on what? Which city you had rather visit? If payout=prestige then the Texas Bowl is exactly equal to the Outback and better than the Gator.
    Based on the fact that sec teams 4 through 6 (or 5-7 if we get four NY6 teams) go to the citrus, Outback, and gator since this citrus plus pool of 6 system started. Absent a team requesting a lesser bowl, the Florida bowls trump the TN bowls and Texas bowl and Vegas.

Will be interesting to see if altered payouts change that

vCash
    I'm going to agree with McMurphy

Tampa vs Illinois for us
    SC wants ND so that will put them in the Gator
    Heard early on Kentucky wanted Music and so did they
    UPig in Liberty
    Probably Mississippi to Texas
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is