Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RaRa in portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    Goodness, why would any receiver leave a system that throws the ball 50-60 times a game?
    Unless you dont like tough coaching, dont want to compete for your position or someone promised a better NIL deal.
    Maybe he is tired of running 5 to 10 yard patterns most of the time. Wants the chance to go deep and be targeted. Most WR's want this, college and Pro. We need to step up our O.

vCash
    GoTtA lOvE nIl RiGhT??

vCash
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We were planning on using the portal to fill out the front 7 but now that, that's pretty much been taken care of we will be adding some wrs. Decoldest Crawford is definitely a possibility(we are trending in right direction for him), Theo Wease from Oklahoma and there's a couple of others we're in good shape for as well.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 12-02-2022 at 12:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    people said losing Polk wasnt going to hurt us but it did.

We are losing 88 catches, almost 1100 yards, and 15 TD's between Thomas and Ducking
    You do realize players graduate/leave every year right. I mean, that's why you recruit. RaRa and Polk were both recruited by this staff. Shouldn't have a problem finding another to replace them.

vCash
    that was a pretty easy guess. we play too many WR's. At least 1 or 2 are going to be unhappy.

vCash
    I really thought if we had a WR hit the portal would be Walley.

He should definitely stay now, he and Tulu should plan on catching a ton of balls.

vCash
    people said losing Polk wasnt going to hurt us but it did.

We are losing 88 catches, almost 1100 yards, and 15 TD's between Thomas and Ducking
    Polk had 1,000 yards and 9 TDs by himself. Losing that is way harder to replace than losing two players with a combined 1100 yards. I hate RaRa is leaving because I do think he's going to be good, but I don't think it will be hard to replace his production from this year in the portal or with a receiver already on the team (or Ducking's). Whoever takes his place may end up not as good as RaRa turns out to be and that does hurt to lose players like that, but I doubt we take a step back production wise compared to this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We were planning on using the portal to fill out the front 7 but now that, that's pretty much been taken care of we will be adding some wrs. Decoldest Crawford is definitely a possibility(we are trending in right direction for him), Theo Wease from Oklahoma and there's a couple of others we're in good shape for as well.
    So can our O be more explosive with different WR's? Was the bloated rotation in games due to similar players with the same ceiling? Was the disappearing O due in part to soft players against aggressive CB's? Could we not get open deep or combination with QB issues? Part or all these issues?

vCash
    The narratives of Mississippi state being poor are in full swing by the black bear faithful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    So can our O be more explosive with different WR's? Was the bloated rotation in games due to similar players with the same ceiling? Was the disappearing O due in part to soft players against aggressive CB's? Could we not get open deep or combination with QB issues? Part or all these issues?
    All valid points. Leach is looking to shake up the offense, he's seen the regression too. CFB is like professional sports now. Someone doesn't produce like they should bring in the free agents, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

He should definitely stay now, he and Tulu should plan on catching a ton of balls.
    I was surprised when all of a sudden Walley was back on the field getting snaps against OM. They had to come from someone else. We had far too many WR's in the rotation and I never knew who would be on the field, (but I'm not the coach and see practice). Maybe we get someone better in the portal. Polk "caught on fast". Hail State!

vCash

Jaden has a young baby and we are taking care of the fam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Jaden has a young baby and we are taking care of the fam.
    Good to hear. I hope he gets utilized more. This was a very disappointing season for him.

Less than 30 catches this season after 52 catches as a freshman and 55 catches as a sophomore.

vCash
    Good to hear. I hope he gets utilized more. This was a very disappointing season for him.

Less than 30 catches this season after 52 catches as a freshman and 55 catches as a sophomore.
    He needs to get refocused having that baby put some stress on him. Going to school and trying to play d1 football and having a young family is hard. No offense to anyone but it's better to wait until after you finish to dive off into that.

vCash
    He would totally go to ole ms.

Yes, even after they cussed him while he lay in their endzone and threw shit at him.

vCash
    Hey guys check it out. A little bit of the crap flung against the wall actually stuck lol.

vCash
    Heard rara maybe headed to auburn

vCash
    Don't tear a rotator cuff patting yourself on the back.

1. It was not a stretch these days to say a WR would leave. MSU has never had more receivers competing for catches than currently have now.

2. And we all knew Freeze was near the top of Auburn's list. The only stumbling block was if he was still unofficially black-balled by SEC Sankey, who did not allow Saban to hire him.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Don't tear a rotator cuff patting yourself on the back.

1. It was not a stretch these days to say a WR would leave. MSU has never had more receivers competing for catches than currently have now.

2. And we all knew Freeze was near the top of Auburn's list. The only stumbling block was if he was still unofficially black-balled by SEC Sankey, who did not allow Saban to hire him.
    Coach is pretty good in my book but I'm pretty sure he was talking about Tulu in this post tho lol.