vCash

RaRa in portal

That?s a big loss

vCash
    Not seeing this? Fake news???

vCash
    What is up with that?

vCash
    Saw that. Probably wanting some love also. New contract/more money.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Rara put out a tweet. Salary cap decisions are being made. That?s what we have now in college athletics

vCash
    These collectives should be performance based. Catch a pass and make some money. Catch a TD and make some more money! Drop a pass and no money!! That would get the best out of our athletes!! but will never happen. Same goes for coaching!!

vCash
    If he goes to ole miss he?s dead to me

vCash
    I think he sees that he probably has some leverage. Ducking graduating leaves a big hole at the big WR role on the team. Rara is out best WR with two years left. I hope we are able to get it done. Unless AU has been tampering, wouldn't put it past them.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like State made the decision already. Tulu is here. All the defensive guys that are returning. This is a free agent that made demands and the team is letting him walk. That?s what we have now

vCash
    Our WR room is very crowded. Our rotation in games had too many players in it. Coach Leach said that they were virtually all the same and no one had jumped forward. WR's are are primadonnas. I could never tell from week to week who would be on the field and who would make catches that game. Nothing much surprises me from this position group. I can see how some think they didn't get enough snaps. Their fault or ours, I don't know. There are only so many snaps available, so step up and get them. All that being said, I hope he changes his mind and steps up at State, if best for both parties. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-02-2022 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Unless AU has been tampering, wouldn't put it past them.
    That was my initial thought as well. Alabama kid right in their backyard. It is funny how those ties never work for us. Anyway, I would love to keep him, but on the bright side the very same transfer portal will have plenty of WR in it. We can get a competent one if we so choose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
    That was my initial thought as well. Alabama kid right in their backyard. It is funny how those ties never work for us. Anyway, I would love to keep him, but on the bright side the very same transfer portal will have plenty of WR in it. We can get a competent one if we so choose.
    Yeah - they will be a hot commodity. Everyone is looking for guys that stretch the field.

vCash
    Goodness, why would any receiver leave a system that throws the ball 50-60 times a game?
    Unless you dont like tough coaching, dont want to compete for your position or someone promised a better NIL deal.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    NIL

vCash
    I like RaRa - but he disappeared in a number of games. Yes, he was our leading receiver, but he's no Polk. We need an alpha, not a guy who disappears in half his games.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Looks like State made the decision already. Tulu is here. All the defensive guys that are returning. This is a free agent that made demands and the team is letting him walk. That?s what we have now
    This is about as perfectly stated as possible. Moving on.....

vCash
    If we have a player that doesn't want to be here, then he doesn't need to be here. JRob could be our big go to receiver next year and with our younger receivers and the portal we should be fine.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 12-02-2022 at 01:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I think he sees that he probably has some leverage. Ducking graduating leaves a big hole at the big WR role on the team. Rara is out best WR with two years left. I hope we are able to get it done. Unless AU has been tampering, wouldn't put it past them.
    Are there any rules on "tampering"? This is a complete unregulated mess that you can blame on the greed of the NCAA and coaching salaries, etc. The Supreme Court has spoken on this. The pendulum has swung and college football will never be the same. Buying cars, clothes, providing jobs for family members, and cash under the tale in years past now seems rather small scale. College ball now mostly watching players with little loyalty to the school, just to the highest bidder. You gonna need a program every year to know the players. I hope we keep RaRa but you are probably correct he is AU bound and Freeze effect begins.

vCash
    Austin Williams is term limited now right? Team GPA but that?ll open up some more room.

vCash
    people said losing Polk wasnt going to hurt us but it did.

We are losing 88 catches, almost 1100 yards, and 15 TD's between Thomas and Ducking
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is