Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basketball success/fan support

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I literally stated right after I made that comment "I know we aren't those schools"... I referenced NC schools because I live in NC. That being said there was a time not that long ago, the HUMP was rocking! Can we stop making excuses and be good fans and show support?
    If you go online to HailState Basketball to buy tickets, the lower bowl and a couple of upper sections maybe, show no tickets available. Unless those season ticket holders go to the games or let someone else have the tickets, the Hump will continue to be and look somewhat poorly filled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    The term "Woke" by definition refers to racism and or social injustices. Why even go down that path? Leave it alone! Like I initially said all it does is starts arguments.If you don't want to watch spoiled entitled rich thug athletes, turn the channel dont go to games and stay off any sports related message boards! It's not hard
    now now that is not nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Ha! My Pennsylvania customers would shut down their operations the first week of deer season cuz nobody would show up for work!!
    It?s big in rural PA for sure especially this time of year. Just not so much in the city areas. Here it?s all Steelers and Pens. Pitt comes in third. Steelers fans are insane with football. I am a Steelers fan and season ticket holder, but I will always put State first and Dak has turned me into a Cowboys fan too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    now now that is not nice
    Lol thats what he called them. Definitely not how I feel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Ha! My Pennsylvania customers would shut down their operations the first week of deer season cuz nobody would show up for work!!
    It's going to be interesting next football season. Our home game vs USM is on Nov 18. That's probably the opening day of gun deer season in Mississippi. That is an interesting game and should have a good crowd..... should have!

vCash
    Use the same ticket plan that was used for Vic’s women teams. They won and the Hump was.full and jumping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Something that has also changed is the student participation. We used to always have 3-4K students at home games when it wasnt Christmas break. Now we dont get close to that.
    splitting the sections into quarters of both baselines was what killed the student section (Stans last year, I think?). Prior to that, it rocked pretty consistently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    splitting the sections into quarters of both baselines was what killed the student section (Stans last year, I think?). Prior to that, it rocked pretty consistently.
    Byrne + Rick Ray + women's success + overall product + TV + season ticket holders who never go....it's all of these things and more. It's not 1 thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Byrne + Rick Ray + women's success + overall product + TV + season ticket holders who never go....it's all of these things and more. It's not 1 thing.
    Obviously that's all played a factor since, but that decision was literally the first major cause of it.

Student section Courtside was consistently good; the very next year it was split into 2 corners of the baseline and it sucked. I was at every home game from 2004 to 2012, so yeah, I remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Obviously that's all played a factor since, but that decision was literally the first major cause of it.

Student section Courtside was consistently good; the very next year it was split into 2 corners of the baseline and it sucked. I was at every home game from 2004 to 2012, so yeah, I remember.
    It was probably Byrne's dumbest move as AD at MSU. Of course Stricklin or Cohen could have reversed it.

vCash
    It was probably Byrne's dumbest move as AD at MSU. Of course Stricklin or Cohen could have reversed it.
    Yeah, it totally killed the vibe. I understand putting the students on the baseline, but you've got to use the entire baseline. Instead, we used 1 section that tapered from to the top seats to the floor, putting the least amount of students in proximity to the floor. It still baffles me how someone/multiple people thought that was a good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    It?s big in rural PA for sure especially this time of year. Just not so much in the city areas. Here it?s all Steelers and Pens. Pitt comes in third. Steelers fans are insane with football. I am a Steelers fan and season ticket holder, but I will always put State first and Dak has turned me into a Cowboys fan too
    Yeah not in Pitt or Philly. I was based in the Burgh for one of my corporate stints; got HOOKED on Pens hockey. One of my largest PA customers was Alpo Allentown and they would shut down their operation.

vCash
    Today's attendance sucks
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Our 10 seats are full. We couldn't make the game so we gave ours away. Wish more people would be willing to do the same. Transferring takes about 30 seconds to do.

vCash
    How's today's game going?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    How's today's game going?
    up 46-27 15:49 2nd half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The entire hump should be general admission. You want to come to the game, buy a ticket and sit whereever you can find a seat. Get there early.
    Also, one entire sideline, first 10 rows opposite the cameras needs to be the student section. If they can't due that due to students sitting at the bench location, then switch the bench side to the other side. I want to see craziness on TV when I tune in. Not 80 year old boomers that would shit themselves if they stand up too quickly.
    That's making men's basketball a money loser. Big money. That ain't happening. Those seat license fees and season ticket money would be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Use the same ticket plan that was used for Vic’s women teams. They won and the Hump was.full and jumping.
    They were a top 5 program. If the men's team becomes a top 5 team it will be full and hopping as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Our 10 seats are full. We couldn't make the game so we gave ours away. Wish more people would be willing to do the same. Transferring takes about 30 seconds to do.
    how do you transfer?

vCash
    how do you transfer?
    Go to your dog tag>my tickets>select game you want to transfer tickets to> click transfer>enter recipient's email or phone number.