Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AD?

vCash

AD?

Have we offered people? What's the word?

Saw one of yall say we've been turned down then others say it wasn't true

vCash
    Too bad Charlie makes too much money not being an AD at State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Have we offered people? What's the word?

Saw one of yall say we've been turned down then others say it wasn't true
    Whoever said that was not telling the truth

vCash
    We've been turned down by 1 person- Wake Forest AD John Currie. After that- we are working thru the process. Currie was a longshot but you aim high and make them say no. We'll see who the next choice is
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Too bad Charlie makes too much money not being an AD at State
    We could do way worse than Charlie as our AD. He is a sharp guy, a State dude, and a lawyer. We just got rid of a baseball coach as AD- not considering him would be ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We've been turned down by 1 person- Wake Forest AD John Currie. After that- we are working thru the process. Currie was a longshot but you aim high and make them say no. We'll see who the next choice is
    Thanks

vCash
    We could do way worse than Charlie as our AD. He is a sharp guy, a State dude, and a lawyer. We just got rid of a baseball coach as AD- not considering him would be ridiculous.
    At the very least, he needs to approve of the hire and be part of the team that makes that hire.

vCash
    I appreciate what his does and would love him on staffin a high role but to throw him directly into the AD role would be a little much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    At the very least, he needs to approve of the hire and be part of the team that makes that hire.
    I think this would be more fitting

vCash
    but to throw him directly into the AD role would be a little much
    Based on what?

AD's negotiate contracts- just like lawyers do.
    AD's deal with a ton of paperwork- guess what lawyers do?
    AD's have to deal with boosters with money- guess who lawyers deal with on the reg? People with money

I could go on and on-but you get the idea. Charlie is more qualified to be AD than Cohen ever was

vCash
    I appreciate what his does and would love him on staffin a high role but to throw him directly into the AD role would be a little much
    Like Pat Hayden at USC (lawyer) or Dave Brandon at Michigan (CEO). What were those schools thinking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Like Pat Hayden at USC (lawyer) or Dave Brandon at Michigan (CEO). What were those schools thinking?
    Maybe Pat Haden was a shitty lawyer, and Dave Brandon was a shitty CEO. It amazes me how people can make assumptions based on what happens in other situations. JC, anyone can take that stance in ANY professional footprint!

Mike Leach is a lawyer, but is he a great football coach? Rockey Felker was a good football player. Was he a good coach? I?m not trying to be an ass, but just bc you have the intelligence doesn?t mean that you will be good in that area. I know several smart medical grads, but in the real world, not very good physicians. That happens in all professions!
    Last edited by Thick; 12-01-2022 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    We have a JR. AD in training currently working in our athletic dept. He has never been a MS baseball player or coach, but went to many games when Cohen was our coach. He has never made a hire, but sat in on two meetings when Cohen discussed it. Also a State grad with 4 straight years & no community college. In two more weeks he will be eligible for consideration. Had nothing to do with purchase of stinky cups at Davis Wade. We'll get word soon.****** Hail State! Seriously, take the time needed and get this right!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-01-2022 at 10:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Maybe Pat Haden was a shitty lawyer, and Dave Brandon was a shitty CEO. It amazes me how people can make assumptions based on what happens in other situations. JC, anyone can take that stance in ANY professional footprint!
    I was just showing that it's no a completely off the wall path and has been done before.

Hayden was very successful with a private equity firm before taking the AD role.

Dave Brandon was a very successful CEO of Dominoes Pizza

How about we hire the best candidate, whatever the background. And I'm wasn't plugging for Charlie, it's just there is multiple paths for someone to become an AD. Some successful AD's come from the educational side and not the athletic dept.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 12-01-2022 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Really?.I get what you?re saying. The fact is we have no faith in the decision making at MSU, and it?s well documented in years past. It?s a crap shoot when we make a hire of any kind.

vCash
    Really?.I get what you?re saying. The fact is we have no faith in the decision making at MSU, and it?s well documented in years past. It?s a crap shoot when we make a hire of any kind.
    That I agree with. I hope we hire Greg Byrne's clone. I'd even take a Stricklin who can make an average to good coaching hire.

vCash
    Based on what?

AD's have to deal with boosters with money- guess who lawyers deal with on the reg? People with money

I could go on and on-but you get the idea. Charlie is more qualified to be AD than Cohen ever was
    I guess my thoughts are on this hire, I would like someone with experience elsewhere. Knowledge of what other schools do, etc. Nothing against Charlie.

vCash
    Based on what?

This reminds me of when you were pumping I Seen It Dawg for AD.***

Banned
    vCash
    AD needs to be innovative and pump more enthusiasm into gameday experiences.

No reason OM should be seen as a better time for football. We are lacking on gameday experience there. Basketball needs marketing energy as well.

vCash

And unfortunately this is the norm. Most coaching hires are not good. I imagine if you are 50/50 as an AD you are doing well. And the metrics to determine ?success? for the coach aren?t real clear. They should be between AD and coach but those aren?t known and they are a moving target based on fan support, expectation, etc.