Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowl news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I feel like Jacksonville gets a bad rap. I don't really have a preference between Nashville, Jacksonville, and Tampa except that Tampa is the easiest to fly to.
    Nashville is great, and I'd to see a bunch of State fans up here for a few days, but man it's cold up here this time of year!!! Already getting flurries and freezing rain a few times. It's just cold!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Nashville is great, and I'd to see a bunch of State fans up here for a few days, but man it's cold up here this time of year!!! Already getting flurries and freezing rain a few times. It's just cold!!!!
    Yea, I had fun at the Music City Bowl in 2011, but it was cold. Gator Bowl in 2010 it was actually pretty cold the night before the game, but by game time I think we were in short sleeve shirts. Even the night before, not sure it was really cold or if it was just colder than we were prepared for.

vCash
    Pitt fans at my work are already thinking they are playing us in the Gator Bowl. They seem to think it’s a done deal with some people I know who work at Pitt. I wouldn’t mind playing them I just can’t get real excited about an 8-4 ACC team. Would rather play Purdue or Notre Dame or UCLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Pitt fans at my work are already thinking they are playing us in the Gator Bowl. They seem to think it’s a done deal with some people I know who work at Pitt. I wouldn’t mind playing them I just can’t get real excited about an 8-4 ACC team. Would rather play Purdue or Notre Dame or UCLA
    Not pumped about Pitt, but would rather play them than Louisville. Best case scenario would be to play an overrated, big name team, but assuming that's not going to happen, the biggest thing is we just need to win. Be the first season we've really finished with any momentum since 2013.

vCash
    Just saw Louisville will play in Fenway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yea, I had fun at the Music City Bowl in 2011, but it was cold. Gator Bowl in 2010 it was actually pretty cold the night before the game, but by game time I think we were in short sleeve shirts. Even the night before, not sure it was really cold or if it was just colder than we were prepared for.
    Yeah, moved down from my next to the top row, Bob Uecker seats bought through the Bulldog Club at Nashville to 8 of the 20K or more empty seats below us to keep from freezing in the cold wind. Bowl seating is like our problems with men's BB in the Hump. Corporations buy good seats and no one shows up. Can't see buying tickets through Bulldog Club for Bowls again unless this has changed. Some sort of change needed.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-02-2022 at 01:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Yeah, moved down from my next to the top row, Bob Uecker seats bought through the Bulldog Club at Nashville to 8 of the 20K or more empty seats below us to keep from freezing in the cold win. Bowl seating is like our problems with men's BB in the Hump. Corporations buy good seats and no one shows up. Can't see buying tickets through Bulldog Club for Bowls again unless this has changed. Some sort of change needed.
    I quit buying crappy bowl and road game seats thru BDC ages ago. I can often sit in better seats for half the price.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I quit buying crappy bowl and road game seats thru BDC ages ago. I can often sit in better seats for half the price.
    Last bowl game I have been to for this reason and most of the bowls being meaningless except for reward for the team, $ for school and extra practice for the young players. Twelve team playoff will bring more interest and I hope we can make it in my now more limited lifetime. Am in the 4th quarter, but hoping for some OT! Hail State!

vCash
    Looks about set. We are most likely going to get the loser of the ACC Championship game in the Gator. Please be Clemson. Please be Clemson. Please be Clemson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    They'll have a domed stadium in a few years.

vCash
    Yeah, moved down from my next to the top row, Bob Uecker seats bought through the Bulldog Club at Nashville to 8 of the 20K or more empty seats below us to keep from freezing in the cold wind. Bowl seating is like our problems with men's BB in the Hump. Corporations buy good seats and no one shows up. Can't see buying tickets through Bulldog Club for Bowls again unless this has changed. Some sort of change needed.
    We bought fairly expensive club level seats through MSU for that game (Wake Forest - didn't realize it was as far back as '11 though, so maybe that was another game), well inside the goal line. So not a value to say the least. And yes, it was pretty cold but not as miserable as the "Snow Bowl".

vCash
    Last bowl game I have been to for this reason and most of the bowls being meaningless except for reward for the team, $ for school and extra practice for the young players. Twelve team playoff will bring more interest and I hope we can make it in my now more limited lifetime. Am in the 4th quarter, but hoping for some OT! Hail State!
    I'm not convinced that extra practice means much. They've been practicing since spring and all during the season. What's a few more days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    They'll have a domed stadium in a few years.
    My brother in law and his dad, ( both retired now) figured all the structural steel in the current stadium. When I told him at church that I new domed stadium was in the works, he was shocked and said that we worked on that thing for over a year. State Folks.

vCash
    My brother in law and his dad, ( both retired now) figured all the structural steel in the current stadium. When I told him at church that I new domed stadium was in the works, he was shocked and said that we worked on that thing for over a year. State Folks.
    All I know is State luckily avoided disaster after the upper deck and outside stairwells were built. Don’t remember the game but I remember coming down the stairs and telling my other half to shut up and keep moving. The stairs were doing what happens if a cat runs on a bridge. I knew what was happening but after the game I was laughed at. Next week the engineers were making adjustments and reinforcing the stairs......It was scary as H***.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Utah beating USC basically locked us in to the Tampa bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Utah beating USC basically locked us in to the Tampa bowl.
    Pretty much. You can tear up all those projections from yesterday. Most likely Illinois.

vCash
    I'm not convinced that extra practice means much. They've been practicing since spring and all during the season. What's a few more days?
    Coaches totally disagree. During the season the two deep gets most of the work but bowl practice is like an extra spring that allows redshirts and younger players time to practice since will likely be counted on more next year. Bowl game practices are probably more important for programs like ours than programs that get nothing but blue chips. We have to develop players and that requires as much practice as possible.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Especially in these NIL days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Coaches totally disagree. During the season the two deep gets most of the work but bowl practice is like an extra spring that allows redshirts and younger players time to practice since will likely be counted on more next year. Bowl game practices are probably more important for programs like ours than programs that get nothing but blue chips. We have to develop players and that requires as much practice as possible.
    Helps in more ways than one. Keeps players off the street, gets players ready for next year, builds better team chemistry for next year and helps players in conditioning. Playing sports now days is an all-year thing now days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Not on December 17, interrupting our recruiting cycle and having less time to practice, which our offense needs.
    Our offense isn't changing from our 5 plays.