Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowl news

vCash

Bowl news

Looking more and more like Pitt in the Gator, if Ohio State is not in the CFP. The Rose looks like they are going to pick Penn State over Ohio State. This puts Ohio State in the Orange, and according to the contract if a Big 10 teams goes to the Orange, they forfeit their spot in the ReliaQuest to the ACC. This sets up SCar vs Notre Dame in Tampa. Pitt is 8-4 and gets the Gator vs us. I've seen this mentioned by 3 different outlets today. North Carolina, should they lose to Clemson has also been mentioned.
    Last edited by msudawg1200; 12-01-2022 at 06:55 PM.

vCash
    State vs NC would be a fun game. They play zero defense but their offense is insane. Pitt is pretty meh.

vCash
    I am not going to Jacksonville for Pitt.

vCash
    All I've been hearing people say is that USCe is tired of Tampa and that they wanted the Gator. I guess the possibility of ND in Tampa makes them less tired of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    All I've been hearing people say is that USCe is tired of Tampa and that they wanted the Gator. I guess the possibility of ND in Tampa makes them less tired of it.
    I remember a time we felt that way with the Gator bowl

vCash
    I'd rather go to Vegas than back to Gator

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Not on December 17, interrupting our recruiting cycle and having less time to practice, which our offense needs.

vCash
    Yeah the Vegas Bowl being so early kills it for us.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    ESPN just dropped the Frisco Bowl, (41 bowls before drop), as only 79 teams have reached 6 wins including New Mexico at 5-7, which was granted a waiver due to cancelling a game due to the death of a player. Buffalo can reach 6 wins if they defeat that 2-9 JoMo powerhouse, Akron, Sat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I remember a time we felt that way with the Gator bowl
    I remember when we were happy with any bowl !!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Yeah. When we made the liberty that time with Sylvester, I was thrilled. Then we got there and froze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    That's back when there were far fewer bowls and they used to mean something more. Heck, one of the Kang's teams got left out one year at 7-4.

vCash
    Me neither. Would have gone to Vegas versus any PAC12 team before vs Pitt. Besides. have been to the Gator 3 times already. Time for new horizons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yeah. When we made the liberty that time with Sylvester, I was thrilled. Then we got there and froze.
    Yeah, you never know what you're gonna get in Memphis this time of year. I have been to 0 deg. Liberty Bowls and of course last year vs TTech it turned out 72+ degrees and everybody wearing shorts. Too bad the end result left a terrible taste in my mouth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah the Vegas Bowl being so early kills it for us.
    I kinda liked the early date. Gets everything over with so we can be with family and friends for a normal Christmas/New Years gathering. Plus, you get to see all the other games on tv since we're not traveling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    That's back when there were far fewer bowls and they used to mean something more. Heck, one of the Kang's teams got left out one year at 7-4.

We beat SEC Champions Auburn 20-0 on their own field and still didn't go to a bowl. There was.literally nowhere to go. All Pitt had to do was lose, but they won.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I'll take Pitt all day long. I'd love to show the difference between SEC 8-4 vs ACC 8-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I'll take Pitt all day long. I'd love to show the difference between SEC 8-4 vs ACC 8-4.
    Me too!! And get that 9th win. That's all people seem to point out as time passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am not going to Jacksonville for Pitt.
    I feel like Jacksonville gets a bad rap. I don't really have a preference between Nashville, Jacksonville, and Tampa except that Tampa is the easiest to fly to.

vCash
    I don't know if Jerry Palm from CBS has any inside info, but he just updated his projections to us against Louisville in the Gator. I'd rather play another team than one we've played twice in bowls the last five years. I believe we'd blast the Linebeards into oblivion. He now has SCar playing FSU in Tampa, and Notre Dame going to the Cheeze-It vs Texas Tech. I don't see any of this happening. Brett McMurphy seems more tuned in. He said sources told him Missouri and Kansas will not play in the Liberty or any bowl. He has us in the Gator vs UNC. I can deal with that.
    Last edited by msudawg1200; 12-02-2022 at 10:23 AM.