Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Portal Thread...

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    The Portal just got more expensive with Prime taking he Colorado job. They will use the portal to flip that roster and will pay to do it.
    The problem there is the academic requirements there. I?m not sure Prime thought this thru.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The problem there is the academic requirements there. I?m not sure Prime thought this thru.
    Presently they do not even have the funds to pay him a salary. So to think they are magically going to get 3-5 mil in NIL money rolling in is probably wishful thinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    RaRa leaving hurts my feelings and he will go to Ole Miss to be most likely their leading WR because they focus on one or two WR's.

Here, we have 6 to 8 guys gettting the ball. RA RA leaving won't hurt nearly as bad if we had lost Tulu because of the return game. If we had to keep one, I am good with it being Tulu.

We have several good WR's that are ready to step up. That's what Leach Does. Malik went to Ole Miss as was their leading WR but he is still the same guy dropping passes along with Mingo when it counted most and cost Ole Miss the game this year.
    RaRa is not going to OM. If he sticks to his number they would be paying almost 7 figures to just two players.

vCash
    RaRa gonna learn he isn't getting that asking price
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This.

vCash
    I'm not going to be surprised if he doesn't come back hat in hand after shopping around.

He is a solid WR, but if he thinks he is a gamechanger, I think the market will turn him around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I'm not going to be surprised if he doesn't come back hat in hand after shopping around.

He is a solid WR, but if he thinks he is a gamechanger, I think the market will turn him around.
    He can try to come back, but from what I have been told he burned important bridges agreeing and reneging on NIL packages.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    RaRa doesn't want to be in an offense that has a G5 quarterback that can't get him the ball. That's why he kept upping his asking price and backed out of his current deal with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    RaRa doesn't want to be in an offense that has a G5 quarterback that can't get him the ball. That's why he kept upping his asking price and backed out of his current deal with us.
    He dropped several passes right on his numbers this year, including one that would have been a TD vs Georgia.

He's one of those guys that Leach took the chair away from. Has a great ceiling, but no interest in trying to reach it.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    He dropped several passes right on his numbers this year, including one that would have been a TD vs Georgia.

He's one of those guys that Leach took the chair away from. Has a great ceiling, but no interest in trying to reach it.
    He's got multiple SEC teams that think otherwise and will end up at one of them. He was a lot more consistent than the guy that was trying to get him the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He's got multiple SEC teams that think otherwise and will end up at one of them. He was a lot more consistent than the guy that was trying to get him the ball.
    Heard he agreed to a new deal with us last week and came back wanting more. He will land at a SEC program in today's Wild Wild We$t and time will quickly tell who was holding back who.

vCash

Problem is, once you decide to enter the portal, and your present team uses the portal to replace you....your spot is gone. Bye

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Problem is, once you decide to enter the portal, and your present team uses the portal to replace you....your spot is gone. Bye
    Yeah - but we will have spots - we always do.

My guess is that he is going to find out pretty quickl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Somebody's spot is gone depends on how good you are.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    It’s no different from free agency now and most college athletes that are shopping around actually have no real commitment to any university outside of a financial commitment. Good luck to them hopefully they will get paid while they can. I keep up with very few of our athletes anymore due to this. They will likely be gone or replaced within a season or 2. The days of college students playing college sports is over. It’s a minor league now.

vCash

GA website reporting he has a visit set up with them.

vCash
    Robinson would've passed him by next season after he started figuring out the routes. RaRa is about to go to a run first team and get lost in the depth chart, but best of luck to him.

vCash
    I know it will be a long shot, but Dorian Singer - stud WR out of Arizona just hit the portal.

He had 66 catches for over 1,100 yards this past season. He might be out of our price range, but he should be one of our top 5 targets in the portal.

vCash
    Outside of Tulu , WR is the least of my concerns with the portal ( coming and going )

vCash
    Remember that the portal is not "one size fits all". Player will enter the portal for:

1) Player searching for more NIL money
    2) Player searching for more playing time
    3) Coach basically tells you to enter portal (essentially you get cut)
    4) Player follows a coach from one school to the next
    5) Player searching for more exposure
    6) Player searching for better competition to play against in order to impress NFL scouts
    7) Player is losing his starting job to someone below him
    8) Player simply looking around and will later withdraw from portal and remain with his existing team

It's wild. To win, a coaching staff will have to effectively manage the portal. The portal can be huge because of major additions or major losses than can greatly affect your win/loss record in the fall.