Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Portal Thread...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Mj bout to take a pay cut. And a big one
    Pretty sure that's why he's in the portal, the pay cut was happening regardless it seems.

vCash
    Speaking of Kadarius Calloway, did anyone follow Scooba Tech this year? Curious how he did and whether he might make his way back to us at some point.

vCash
    Guess I lose interest after signing day. I honestly don't know who this guy is...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Guess I lose interest after signing day. I honestly don't know who this guy is...
    He was a DB from Neshoba. We were after him, but he chose to Bama. I would've forgotten about him too if he hadn't wound up at Scooba this season.

vCash
    He played RB for Scooba if I?m not mistaken.

vCash
    Is RaRa entering the portal, Saw something on Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    Is RaRa entering the portal, Saw something on Twitter
    Yeah - that really sucks.

Why in the world?

Or is he letting the BI that he wants a check too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Yeah - that really sucks.

Why in the world?

Or is he letting the BI that he wants a check too.
    He made an outrageous offer and we made a business decision. We already had to pay to keep Tulu and at least one other receiver along with all the defensive guys and a few portal guys. We would have had to divert money from everywhere else or get a 7 figure donation to keep up with the payments

vCash
    There is a thread on sixpack that has a list of the top 100 NIL deals in all college sports. The LSU gymnast was in the top 20, I think, at $2 mil plus. Forbes was listed in the 90's at $484K. ???????????? Some of those listed will never see the Pro's and will take a big pay cut when they have to enter the real job force. As we know, this is already out of hand.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-02-2022 at 01:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    There is a thread on sixpack that has a list of the top 100 NIL deals in all college sports. The LSU gymnast was in the top 20, I think, at $2 mil plus. Forbes was listed in the 90's at $484K. ???????????? Some of those listed will never see the Pro's and will take a big pay cut when they have to enter the real job force. As we know, this is already out of hand.
    Deals like the LSU gymnast and the twins at Miami are different because they are being paid by companies due to their social media influence. I doubt LSU is giving Livy Dunne any money at all.

vCash
    Notre Dame QB Drew Pyne is in the portal. Strong arm, 65% completion, just over 2000 yards, 22 TD, 6 INT.

vCash
    DJ U to the portal probably, and Haynes King. Not many people want to stick around and have to compete vs a underclassman who swiped their job. They get moving.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Buckle Up Boys. Today is going to be a bit crazy. Some entrenched P5 starters are going to shock some folks and enter the portal today. Within a couple of years this day will be like the first day of NBA Free Agency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Buckle Up Boys. Today is going to be a bit crazy. Some entrenched P5 starters are going to shock some folks and enter the portal today. Within a couple of years this day will be like the first day of NBA Free Agency.
    For the sake of saving college football, I'm hoping within a couple of years there will be a hard cap on all teams as well as "per player" cap. It's the only way to keep some sort of balance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    For the sake of saving college football, I'm hoping within a couple of years there will be a hard cap on all teams as well as "per player" cap. It's the only way to keep some sort of balance.
    I could see some sort of salary cap, but a per player cap will bring up all sorts of lawsuits. Salary cap is far more likely. However, we still will have to play Moneyball even with a salary cap.

vCash
    RaRa leaving hurts my feelings and he will go to Ole Miss to be most likely their leading WR because they focus on one or two WR's.

Here, we have 6 to 8 guys gettting the ball. RA RA leaving won't hurt nearly as bad if we had lost Tulu because of the return game. If we had to keep one, I am good with it being Tulu.

We have several good WR's that are ready to step up. That's what Leach Does. Malik went to Ole Miss as was their leading WR but he is still the same guy dropping passes along with Mingo when it counted most and cost Ole Miss the game this year.

vCash
    For MJ - I don't know if I would want him or not. I truly don't know this guy and I doubt most of you do either.

If our coaches go get him and want him, then bring his ass here and I hope comes an balls. That's all I can do on any of these portal guys that haven't put up any game film.

vCash
    The Portal just got more expensive with Prime taking he Colorado job. They will use the portal to flip that roster and will pay to do it.

vCash
    I see Javion Cohen entered the portal...(starting guard at Alabama).. I'm not sure we target an interior OL but he's a pretty good one..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    I see Javion Cohen entered the portal...(starting guard at Alabama).. I'm not sure we target an interior OL but he's a pretty good one..
    We need to target every worthy offensive lineman that's out there, that is the area that is group holding us back more than any other.