Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bookie Coming Back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Wow, crumedy and bookie are back
    About a month ago somebody asked me how many of the front 7 would be returning. I said then the majority would be back even though some folks said i was crazy. I have several players on the team I know well and they've been truthful about who would be coming back. It's goood to see!

vCash
    NIL has a lot go do with this but please don't overlook the efforts of Coach Leach and the staff.He's built quite a culture and the kids love playing for him. You see the effort and intensity we play with and it starts with the HC. Yeah our offense lulls at times but it's not from lack of effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    About a month ago somebody asked me how many of the front 7 would be returning. I said then the majority would be back even though some folks said i was crazy. I have several players on the team I know well and they've been truthful about who would be coming back. It's goood to see!
    Well you were wrong about JT Ginn...oh wait.

vCash
    NIL has a lot go do with this but please don't overlook the efforts of Coach Leach and the staff.He's built quite a culture and the kids love playing for him. You see the effort and intensity we play with and it starts with the HC. Yeah our offense lulls at times but it's not from lack of effort.
    Exactly ML and his staff have built one hell of a culture and He should get some credit. Some are so quick to blast Leach. But with these great players wanted to come back really shows what a great jog he is doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Charleton has no eligibility left.
    Is he applying for a waiver or something? He said in the presser last week he would be back next year. Maybe he just meant visiting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Is he applying for a waiver or something? He said in the presser last week he would be back next year. Maybe he just meant visiting...
    He has never RS'ed. He has played 5 seasons of college FB
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He has never RS'ed. He has played 5 seasons of college FB
    Must have just meant he will be coming to visit. He was talking about how welcomed he was when he transferred and said I'll definitely be coming back next year too

vCash
    That's great to hear. Thanks for posting that. I'll lay off the offense........a little.

vCash
    I will back the heat off his scheme for him being able to keep jimmy's and joes

vCash
    Now we need Jett to go to the speed and power camp the bookie went to over last off season. If Jett could get quicker and more powerful that would be sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Absolutely massive. Thank Charlie Winfield and the Bulldog Initiative.

The talk is Bookie will take Wheat's place and move to edge rusher. So next year we'd have a LB core of:

SAM: Bookie
    MLB: Jett Johnson
    OLB: Page/Purvis

That's damn stout.
    Seriously?? That?s phenomenal news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I will back the heat off his scheme for him being able to keep jimmy's and joes
    The offense rightfully needs some heat, they need to produce more. They do however play hard and the OL and RBs were extremely good this year. QB and WR play was erratic from game to game heck from quarter to quarter sometimes lol!

vCash
    The offense rightfully needs some heat, they need to produce more. They do however play hard and the OL and RBs were extremely good this year. QB and WR play was erratic from game to game heck from quarter to quarter sometimes lol!
    Agreed. We need some members or new players in the WR room to step up. We had about 4 or 5 this year, that if they didn't have different numbers you couldn't tell them apart. As for the QB room, someone needs to compete and push Will to improve in 2023. I'm tired of a sometimes boring, disappearing O sometimes in the same half. Hail State!

vCash
    Offense definitely struggled, but we have a lot returning on Offense so barring injury, we shouldn't take a step back. Biggest loss is probably Sharp?

Defense was at risk of looking like a completely different unit next year. We are going to miss Forbes a lot. Having somebody like Forbes on the back end gives Arnett the flexibility to take risks on blitz. But if we had lost Forbes, Pickering, Wheat, and Bookie, I'd have been seriously worried. And getting Crumedy back is going to feel damn near like getting a good grad transfer since he played so little this year. I went from thinking our front 7 was going to be a disaster next year to now feeling like it might actually be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Agreed. We need some members or new players in the WR room to step up. We had about 4 or 5 this year, that if they didn't have different numbers you couldn't tell them apart. As for the QB room, someone needs to compete and push Will to improve in 2023. I'm tired of a sometimes boring, disappearing O sometimes in the same half. Hail State!
    I know it's not going to happen but I wish Leach would bring in Graham Harrell as Co-OC/QB Coach. Get some new air raid blood into the play calling and QB play.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I know it's not going to happen but I wish Leach would bring in Graham Harrell as Co-OC/QB Coach. Get some new air raid blood into the play calling and QB play.
    Seems like the most logical way to help the overall offense, and we need it.
    Downvotes_Hype